• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Seasons Are Won And Lost With Bland Feb.16th Press Coferences

I learned that here today.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Seasons Are Won And Lost With Bland Feb.16th Press Coferences

LOL.....

GO BILLS!!!!!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

maybe seasons aren't won and lost, but fan interest sure as hell is. Considering 4 local blackouts, you'd think Marv would be a little more careful about issuing press conferences that basically say "we're not gonna do much to make the team better".
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

chris brown said that theyll probably bring in 1 big FA signing, and 3 lower tier ones...depth. which means that we better make a killing in the draft. can we be like the bears? have all those young players just suddenly "get it" and just set the world on fire?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
          chris brown said that theyll probably bring in 1 big FA signing, and 3 lower tier ones...depth. which means that we better make a killing in the draft. can we be like the bears? have all those young players just suddenly "get it" and just set the world on fire?
          Maybe in 3 years. Oh wait- by that time Evans, JP and McGee will need new contracts, Spikes will be gone, Schobel will be old... Never mind.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            maybe seasons aren't won and lost, but fan interest sure as hell is. Considering 4 local blackouts, you'd think Marv would be a little more careful about issuing press conferences that basically say "we're not gonna do much to make the team better".
            ABsolutely awesome post..

what the **** was the PURPOSE of today's press conference, because I work in an office with over 1400 employees and the water cooler talk about Buffalo isnt very positive right now..

I never thought I'd see the day in Buffalo where the Sabres are more important than the Bills, but it's happening now.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Well now that the off-season is over and camp has finished...er

Hey. Wait a minute...
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                If their was (1) big FA signing I would be happy. After today, no way it happens.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  ABsolutely awesome post..

what the **** was the PURPOSE of today's press conference, because I work in an office with over 1400 employees and the water cooler talk about Buffalo isnt very positive right now..

I never thought I'd see the day in Buffalo where the Sabres are more important than the Bills, but it's happening now.
                  To be honest, winning games and making the playoffs will make us more positive. We came along way last year, and I think with just one new bigger name FA, and another good draft, we could make the playoffs.

I wanted a drastic improvement, but what I wanted and what we need may be two different things. We have the corp players at several key spots, its just a matter of playing better at other ones. Levy was clear that he want attacking LB's not pursue guys like Fletch, that stance alone could make a big impact on our run D if we go and sign/draft guys with that approach. He made it clear we will be draftinga young RB, if its a guy that earns the starting job, we may get a boost in our run game.

These so called "fans" that think the Sabres are more important will come back in a hurry if we start winning and I think it could easily happen to be honest.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                    ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                    • Jan 2007

Obviously!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Fellas, there are like 8 or 10 big free agents on the market. Most teams are not going to sign an exciting free agent this year.

It's just not a great idea to pin too many hopes on free agency, no matter what team you root for.

If we make one splashy free agent signing and then add some depth, that'll be fine with me.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

DOOOOOOOOOMED!! WE'RE DOOMED, I SAY!!!
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

Draft boy, can we get a complete breakdown of the 2008 draft we should be drafting at the 4 spot!

Comment

• jamze132
                            • Jun 2003

Our offense will be better next season, reguardless whether or not we add anyone. Yeah, we would like to had a pretty good Guard, but we will be better. We do need to fill in a coupld of holes on defense though. If we can't re-sign Clements, we need to get a servicable one to replace him. We should be looking at MLB in the draft, and don't foget, McCargo should be healthy this year.

And last but not least, if we get rid of Tim Anderson, we will be better.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

What was the purpose of this press conference??

Comment

Working...
                              X