PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Are Won And Lost With Bland Feb.16th Press Coferences

Night Train
02-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I learned that here today.

Luisito23
02-16-2007, 03:23 PM
LOL.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

OpIv37
02-16-2007, 03:26 PM
maybe seasons aren't won and lost, but fan interest sure as hell is. Considering 4 local blackouts, you'd think Marv would be a little more careful about issuing press conferences that basically say "we're not gonna do much to make the team better".

raphael120
02-16-2007, 03:30 PM
chris brown said that theyll probably bring in 1 big FA signing, and 3 lower tier ones...depth. which means that we better make a killing in the draft. can we be like the bears? have all those young players just suddenly "get it" and just set the world on fire?

OpIv37
02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
chris brown said that theyll probably bring in 1 big FA signing, and 3 lower tier ones...depth. which means that we better make a killing in the draft. can we be like the bears? have all those young players just suddenly "get it" and just set the world on fire?

Maybe in 3 years. Oh wait- by that time Evans, JP and McGee will need new contracts, Spikes will be gone, Schobel will be old... Never mind.

patmoran2006
02-16-2007, 03:39 PM
maybe seasons aren't won and lost, but fan interest sure as hell is. Considering 4 local blackouts, you'd think Marv would be a little more careful about issuing press conferences that basically say "we're not gonna do much to make the team better".

ABsolutely awesome post..

what the **** was the PURPOSE of today's press conference, because I work in an office with over 1400 employees and the water cooler talk about Buffalo isnt very positive right now..

I never thought I'd see the day in Buffalo where the Sabres are more important than the Bills, but it's happening now.

Night Train
02-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Well now that the off-season is over and camp has finished...er

Hey. Wait a minute...

HHURRICANE
02-16-2007, 03:50 PM

If their was (1) big FA signing I would be happy. After today, no way it happens.

X-Era
02-16-2007, 04:33 PM
ABsolutely awesome post..

what the **** was the PURPOSE of today's press conference, because I work in an office with over 1400 employees and the water cooler talk about Buffalo isnt very positive right now..

I never thought I'd see the day in Buffalo where the Sabres are more important than the Bills, but it's happening now.

To be honest, winning games and making the playoffs will make us more positive. We came along way last year, and I think with just one new bigger name FA, and another good draft, we could make the playoffs.

I wanted a drastic improvement, but what I wanted and what we need may be two different things. We have the corp players at several key spots, its just a matter of playing better at other ones. Levy was clear that he want attacking LB's not pursue guys like Fletch, that stance alone could make a big impact on our run D if we go and sign/draft guys with that approach. He made it clear we will be draftinga young RB, if its a guy that earns the starting job, we may get a boost in our run game.

These so called "fans" that think the Sabres are more important will come back in a hurry if we start winning and I think it could easily happen to be honest.

Talk0fNewYork
02-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Obviously!

Saratoga Slim
02-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Fellas, there are like 8 or 10 big free agents on the market. Most teams are not going to sign an exciting free agent this year.

It's just not a great idea to pin too many hopes on free agency, no matter what team you root for.

If we make one splashy free agent signing and then add some depth, that'll be fine with me.

YardRat
02-16-2007, 07:26 PM
DOOOOOOOOOMED!! WE'RE DOOMED, I SAY!!!

alohabillsfan
02-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Draft boy, can we get a complete breakdown of the 2008 draft we should be drafting at the 4 spot!

jamze132
02-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Our offense will be better next season, reguardless whether or not we add anyone. Yeah, we would like to had a pretty good Guard, but we will be better. We do need to fill in a coupld of holes on defense though. If we can't re-sign Clements, we need to get a servicable one to replace him. We should be looking at MLB in the draft, and don't foget, McCargo should be healthy this year.

And last but not least, if we get rid of Tim Anderson, we will be better.

Mitchy moo
02-17-2007, 08:11 AM
What was the purpose of this press conference??

patmoran2006
02-17-2007, 08:35 AM
To be honest, winning games and making the playoffs will make us more positive. We came along way last year, and I think with just one new bigger name FA, and another good draft, we could make the playoffs.

I wanted a drastic improvement, but what I wanted and what we need may be two different things. We have the corp players at several key spots, its just a matter of playing better at other ones. Levy was clear that he want attacking LB's not pursue guys like Fletch, that stance alone could make a big impact on our run D if we go and sign/draft guys with that approach. He made it clear we will be draftinga young RB, if its a guy that earns the starting job, we may get a boost in our run game.

These so called "fans" that think the Sabres are more important will come back in a hurry if we start winning and I think it could easily happen to be honest.

1. You are right.. They do have the potential to win games and contend. I've never doubted that.

2. They HAVE to now or they are going to continue to lose more fans. Dont think I am making this up, just look at what happened last year.

3. More knowledgeable fans like most of us who are on here discussing everyday understand a lot more than the general fan. however, there are FAR more general fans than people like us. They see all the cap room and all the teams with less to spend. They see a team that has pretty much sucked for seven years. They see Levy at GM and they see a team that SHOULD be doing whatever they can to make a playoff run.

4. To the general fan, we're losing two of our best and most popular players in FLetcher and Clements, and we're going to replace them with rookies or small named free agents.

5. This team doesn't have a lot of marketable players--aka players who put fans in the seats.. They dont have the excuse of a rookie QB anymore or a new coaching staff.. This team is either going to win and contend or the stadium will be half-empty.

6. The Sabres are living proof that WNY just wants to support a winner.. Town is craved for a contender.. As of right now, 70% of the sports fans in WNY would pay to see a Sabres game before a Bills game. Sad, but very true.

So if the Bills decide to stay low key in FA despite all the cap room, fine. If they decide to replace named vets with draft picks--fine.. as long as they win.. If they dont win this year, this franchise's future is in HUGE trouble in Buffalo cause without sellouts or near sellouts this team is moving.. bottom line.

raphael120
02-17-2007, 08:28 PM
All i gotta say is, last season, i had very low hopes, no one saw us even COMPETING in some of the games we played, and at the beginning of the year we lost some that we shouldve won, but at the end of the year we played and beat the teams we shouldve, and lost agains the ones we shouldve, but heck if we didnt make the other team sweat it and made it a game! not to mention give bills fans some more positives than last season...

this is a year where the bills must build off of last season, and not regress.

if they regress, say goodbye to alot of the coaching staff, and see the Bills fans last straw.

Elminster
02-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Well, Marv is the General Manager. It's not his job to put your butts in seats at the Ralph. Given the way we played last year....that ought to be reason enough...