What Marv should have been able to say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

What Marv should have been able to say...

"I just got back from FL and Ralph told me to do what was necessary to bring me, and the fans in Buffalo, a championship."

Instead we got a pre-emptive strike to help soften the blow of us not doing anything in FA. If we are even 30 million under the cap (and some reports have us at 39 million) that still leaves room for at least one major league signing even if we go for the "spend to the cap" philosophy. That still means we can get Briggs, Steinbach, Deilman, etc. I want to see them worm out when we only spend 92 million.

I'm disappointed but they get to the second week of March before the beatings begin.
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: What Marv should have been able to say...

The problem is the majority of teams have a LOT of cash to spend this offseason - this year is very unique in that way. So not only does it mean more teams are going to go after these guys, but they're also going to be overpaid like the league has never seen before..

I'd like to see them bring in a big name, but any more than that is probably just not gonna happen this offseason. Like it or not, this may not be the best year for a team to make their 'splash' in free agency.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JJamezz
      The problem is the majority of teams have a LOT of cash to spend this offseason - this year is very unique in that way. So not only does it mean more teams are going to go after these guys, but they're also going to be overpaid like the league has never seen before..

I'd like to see them bring in a big name, but any more than that is probably just not gonna happen this offseason. Like it or not, this may not be the best year for a team to make their 'splash' in free agency.
      Well that's all fine and dandy but our weakest positions are at guard and there are 2 very good guards available. Am I missing something?

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Like you said in the OP, a week or two into March I guess we'll all have our answers. At that point, if they've made no attempt to bring in a top player or two, I will agree that the sky may indeed be falling.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Like you said in the OP, a week or two into March I guess we'll all have our answers. At that point, if they've made no attempt to bring in a top player or two, I will agree that the sky may indeed be falling.
          Agreed!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            they get to the second week of March before the beatings begin.
            Oh please. Enough of the Drama queen act.

7 weeks of FA before the draft, with multiple visits of FA's and their agents to prospective teams.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

face it man...the sky is not only falling it's about to grab us by the ankles.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Good post!

Comment

Working...
                X