• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a buyer for the Bills

that's about how bleak things are looking. Just consider the facts.

1. Wilson is an old bumbling idiot.
    2. Levy is nothing but Wilson's puppet.
    3. The team is not interested enough in winning to spend some $$ to do it.
    4. Wilson will not entertain offers on the Bills.

I think that last one is the most telling of the situation with the team. It will never sell while Wilson is alive. However his estate is set up that's what's going to handle the transfer of ownership of the Bills. Who knows, maybe they can transfer ownership at some savings to another party outside the Wilson Estate.

This is the darkest of times for Bills fans. After today, it's clear the Bills are going into hybernation until Wilson's death. They are just going to keep a rein on spending so they save as much as possible until that time.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a buyer for the Bills

I guess Tom D. had been given a budget for the coaching hires and he got the best he could in that budget. Given the budget, it's huge having a guy with the stature of Jauron here.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

It's obvioulsy all due to global warming.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

when Wilson dies the Bills are gone...there is no way even the rich of WNY will raise $1Bil to keep the team here...and regardless the amount of money the Bills make, I cannot foresee somebody from another city keeping them here when in a thriving metropolis they can make EVEN more money

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          when Wilson dies the Bills are gone...there is no way even the rich of WNY will raise $1Bil to keep the team here...and regardless the amount of money the Bills make, I cannot foresee somebody from another city keeping them here when in a thriving metropolis they can make EVEN more money

Why do you think it would cost 1 billion to keep the Bills in Buffalo?
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Why do you think it would cost 1 billion to keep the Bills in Buffalo?
            the franchise was value at approx. $715mil by Forbes before 2006 season began...team values go up every year...RW probably will last a couple of more years...the price tag will approach $1Bil, no?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              the franchise was value at approx. $715mil by Forbes before 2006 season began...team values go up every year...RW probably will last a couple of more years...the price tag will approach $1Bil, no?

Is any team valued at over a billion? That price just seems absurd imo.
              COMING SOON...
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                • Sep 2005

The Redskins are worth $1.1 billion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                  that's about how bleak things are looking. Just consider the facts.

1. Wilson is an old bumbling idiot.
                  2. Levy is nothing but Wilson's puppet.
                  3. The team is not interested enough in winning to spend some $$ to do it.
                  4. Wilson will not entertain offers on the Bills.
                  Those first 3 are opinions. They are not facts.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Those first 3 are opinions. They are not facts.
                    I'm not going to banter back and fourth about opinions...but anyone that can't see those three opinions are facts is blind.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

They're opinions. And you know what opinions are like.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

We go into a recession, the team is worth $400 M.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                          I'm not going to banter back and fourth about opinions...but anyone that can't see those three opinions are facts is blind.
                          You have no idea how much $$ the Bills are going to spend. Ralph is still sharper than you and I put together. Funny how the rest of the small market teams now agree with him.

And calling Marv a puppet is being blind. Marv is nobody's puppet.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Not unless the TV money drops to nothing. The team valuation is based on revenue, most of which comes from TV. Other stuff is stadium (that contributes little compared to other teams) and local revenue, which ties into the stadium.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

You have no idea how much $$ the Bills are going to spend. Ralph is still sharper than you and I put together. Funny how the rest of the small market teams now agree with him.

And calling Marv a puppet is being blind. Marv is nobody's puppet.
                              come on man...we heard today Marv, while being just about clueless about every single thing that his job should entail, spouting off about how we're not going to spend like we could to get players. I don't know about you...but I am a helluva lot sharper than Ralph Wilson right now...he doesn't even know what day it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X