I'm glad I didn't listen to Marv's press conference!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

I'm glad I didn't listen to Marv's press conference!

It appears to have dampened the mood of just about everybody that heard it. I think I'll pass!

• BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Re: I'm glad I didn't listen to Marv's press conference!

Me too, bro. It's nothing but doom and gloom in here. I'm staying out of this hell hole until March!

See you in the NoTos!

Comment

• jamesiscool
      suck it fool.
      • Feb 2007

me too guys. i dont even wanna hear about it right now.

James
      Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
        • Aug 2005

I have no idea what is going on.

Lets stick to drinking booze right now.

Comment

• cordog
          eat, drink, and be merry
          • Apr 2003

It really wasnt that bad, people are just freaking because Marv said he doesnt understand the cap, which he has stated before in press conferences.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
            • Aug 2005

Marv, hire clump as your capologist!

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cordog
              It really wasnt that bad, people are just freaking because Marv said he doesnt understand the cap, which he has stated before in press conferences.
              What does he understand? I love Marv but, he doesn't know the cap, he doesn't do the college scouting. He doesn't do contracts with Freeagents, but he is our GM. You don't see the problem?

Comment

• cordog
                eat, drink, and be merry
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                What does he understand? I love Marv but, he doesn't know the cap, he doesn't do the college scouting. He doesn't do contracts with Freeagents, but he is our GM. You don't see the problem?
                No I really dont. No GM in the league does college scouting, they all have directors of scouting and thats what scouts are for, and Jim Overdorf crunches the numbers for the cap. Business owners have accountants, that doesnt mean they dont know how to run a business.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

No I really dont. No GM in the league does college scouting, they all have directors of scouting and thats what scouts are for, and Jim Overdorf crunches the numbers for the cap. Business owners have accountants, that doesnt mean they dont know how to run a business.
                  Most buisness owners actually at least pretend to tell consumers what they want to hear. Most buisness owners don't find way to alienate a majority of their customer base. This press conference has done nothing but hurt the bills image. A good buisness move

Comment

• cordog
                    eat, drink, and be merry
                    • Apr 2003

Most buisness owners actually at least pretend to tell consumers what they want to hear. Most buisness owners don't find way to alien a majority of their customer base. This press conference has done nothing but hurt the bills image. A good buisness move

So let me get this straight. You would rather have Marv get up there and feed you a line of bull****??? If anyone actually listens to the press conference, he actually had a lot of good things to say, IMO. They are spending money up to the cap while giving themselves flexability in the future. Yeah i guess that is a horrible business decision.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

So let me get this straight. You would rather have Marv get up there and feed you a line of bull****??? If anyone actually listens to the press conference, he actually had a lot of good things to say, IMO. They are spending money up to the cap while giving themselves flexability in the future. Yeah i guess that is a horrible business decision.
                      In his 40 minute press conference he had some good things to say, but when asked the important questions about the cap, franchise tag, cap space, he sounded absolutely lost. It took chris Brown of the bills to finally figure out what he meant by cash to cap. And i respect the point that Modrak, and Overdorf run the show, but he by theory should have a clue about what they're doing, right? Old or not he just doesn't breed confidence in me as a bills fan. Hearing him today doesn't make me want to by tickets, but i hope he shocks me and gets this team some quality free agents.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Most buisness owners actually at least pretend to tell consumers what they want to hear. Most buisness owners don't find way to alienate a majority of their customer base. This press conference has done nothing but hurt the bills image. A good buisness move

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

It is a shame that many of the customer base heard, but did not listen to the PC.

It is a shame that the majority of the base thinks that any team can or will go out and sign numerous high profile FA's.

It is a shame that the majrity of the fan base does not see that bulding a team through the draft and not through high priced FA's (or a select few FA's) is what makes NE great year after year.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

This organization is a joke and will be until there is a new owner. Folks, it isn't the free agent market that we need to look at, but it's the "new owner market" where we could finally find our MVP.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

its a shame they even had a press conference at all, to announce that ****.

Shoulda just went about their business.. Most fans dont need to hear that ****.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X