PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Are Who We Thought They Were

Bmax
02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah Marv's news conference had the Chicken Little's in Buffalo out in full force even that know nothing Mike Schoop on WGR 55.....Okay what did most of you expect Marv to say that he was going to break the bank on free agency .....

The bills are just who we thought they were .....Cheap......Of course marv is talking about targeting only a few players 4 or 5 . He is Old School.. Build thru the draft..... BLUE -or as we know him-Marv won't spend the big bucks.....Yeah i know ralph runs the show....I'm just not ready to push the panic button like some of the bills faithful...

Lance Briggs was never going to be available,,,, Neither will Dwight Freeney, So what do i think they will do...

Sign a Lower price free agent DT or MLB....Or LB THEN A COUPLE OTHER GUYS ...

No OL will be signed...We will draft a Guard in rd 3 or 4.....Rb will be drafted in rd 1 2, 3 or 4..... 2 or 3 most likely....Michael Bush ?

Players who might be targeted.....

Rob Morris

Robert Thomas - Resigned with raiders
Gilbert Gardner

Napoleon Harris

Tommy Kelly

Ian Scott

Hollis Thomas

Spencer Johnson

Look For either Levi Brown,Darrel Revis, Adam Carriker , Charles Johnson to be the first pick.. Dark horse Paul Posluszny

After all is said and done the bills are who we thought they were ....cheap....

Bmax

!Papacrunk!
02-16-2007, 05:59 PM
crown their ass?

TigerJ
02-16-2007, 06:00 PM
The real problem is that image is what drives ticket sales. If the fans are sure the Bills are moving in the right direction and building a team that can not only compete, but at least has a chance of going to the Super Bowl in the foreweeable future, they will buy season tickets. Season ticket sales are a crucial ingredient to selling out and lifting the blackouts. If it looks to the fan base like Ralph is going on the cheap, season ticket sales are not going to rise, games are not going to sell out and at some point in time the Bills are going to skip town. That's not going to happen right away, but for the Bills to spend less than the cap allows is a real sign of either the ill financial state of the Bills or a fundamental philosophical flaw in Ralph Wilson's thinking. Either way it's not good.

Oaklandraider
02-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah Marv's news conference had the Chicken Little's in Buffalo out in full force even that No nothing Mike Schoop on wgr 55.....Okay what did most of you expect Marv to say that he was going to break the bank on free agency .....

The bills are just who we thought they were .....Cheap......Of course marv is talking about targeting only a few players 4 or 5 .He is old school.. Build thru the draft..... BLUE-Marv won't spend the big bucks.....Yeah i know ralph runs the show....I'm just not ready to push the panic button like some of the bills faithful...

Lance Briggs was never going to be available,,,, Neither will Dwight Freeney, So what do i think they will do...

No OL will be signed...We will draft a Guard in rd 3 or 4.....Rb will be drafted in rd 1 2, 3 or 4..... 2 or 3 most likely....Michael Bush ?

Rob Morris

Robert Thomas

Gilbert Gardner

Napoleon Harris

Tommy Kelly

Ian Scott

Hollis Thomas

Spencer Johnson

Look For either Levi Brown,Darrel Revis, Adam Carriker , Charles Johnson to be the first pick.. Dark horse Paul Posluszny

Bmax

Rober thomas was resign yesterday and Tommy kelly has a second round tender on him.

Bmax
02-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Rober thomas was resign yesterday and Tommy kelly has a second round tender on him.

Yeah i figured the raiders would give him a 2nd rd tender...I would give up our 2nd for him....What's your Take on Kelly... Would he fit the bills Tampa 2 def...

Bmax

Michael82
02-17-2007, 11:26 AM
The real problem is that image is what drives ticket sales. If the fans are sure the Bills are moving in the right direction and building a team that can not only compete, but at least has a chance of going to the Super Bowl in the foreweeable future, they will buy season tickets. Season ticket sales are a crucial ingredient to selling out and lifting the blackouts. If it looks to the fan base like Ralph is going on the cheap, season ticket sales are not going to rise, games are not going to sell out and at some point in time the Bills are going to skip town. That's not going to happen right away, but for the Bills to spend less than the cap allows is a real sign of either the ill financial state of the Bills or a fundamental philosophical flaw in Ralph Wilson's thinking. Either way it's not good.
Good point. The fact that they raised tickets for the highest price that they have in a while pissed a lot of people off. The worst thing that Ralph could do is nothing. He can't afford to leave this team alone and not bring any exciting players in. Why would people want to buy tickets when they aren't making exciting moveS? That's why everything was soo good with Donahoe. He made bold moves and got people excited every year. :sigh:

Oaklandraider
02-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah i figured the raiders would give him a 2nd rd tender...I would give up our 2nd for him....What's your Take on Kelly... Would he fit the bills Tampa 2 def...

Bmax

hes a perfect fit for the tampa 2 hes like warren sapp when he was young. I think tommy kelly is very close to tommie harris right now and i dont think any other team will get him IMO. We resignd terdell sands and robert thomas too.

Bert102176
02-17-2007, 11:49 PM
it would be next years numvber 2 right not this year if so then hell yeah I would do that then if we trade down this year we can pick up a number 2 for next year along with picks this year and could easliy make up for it

Oaklandraider
02-18-2007, 12:31 AM
it would be next years numvber 2 right not this year if so then hell yeah I would do that then if we trade down this year we can pick up a number 2 for next year along with picks this year and could easliy make up for it

It will go toward this season. The raiders also can match any offer another team would give him.

THATHURMANATOR
02-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah Marv's news conference had the Chicken Little's in Buffalo out in full force even that know nothing Mike Schoop on WGR 55.....Okay what did most of you expect Marv to say that he was going to break the bank on free agency .....

The bills are just who we thought they were .....Cheap......Of course marv is talking about targeting only a few players 4 or 5 . He is Old School.. Build thru the draft..... BLUE -or as we know him-Marv won't spend the big bucks.....Yeah i know ralph runs the show....I'm just not ready to push the panic button like some of the bills faithful...

Rob Morris

Robert Thomas - Resigned with raiders
Gilbert Gardner

Napoleon Harris

Tommy Kelly

Ian Scott

Hollis Thomas

Spencer Johnson

Bmax

Another guy with a crystal ball. Wish I had one...

Marvelous
02-19-2007, 02:02 AM
. He is Old School.. Build thru the draft..... r all is said and done the bills are who we thought they were ....cheap....

Bmax

Bmax, does building through the draft include keeping draft picks like Kelsay ^& esp Clements? Seems like we lose our draft picks more so then other teams...Not being a lil baby about the issue but we tend to have it harder then most other fanbases/teams...

I wish teh Ralph would win the lottery :jump: