X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

Free Agents - Mediocre vs. Impact

Now, based on all of the complaining about how we arent spending any money and because of that, no "impact" free agents will come here and we will be mediocre for the rest of eternity. Why to we have to get the "big names"? Who says that if we did sign them that they would come here and take their game to the next level and become superstars and take us to the big show? It is nice to dream of getting the huge free agent signing but be real, look at Washington? What have they done with all of their marquee FA signings? How about the Bucs when they signed Alvin Harper or the Jets when they signed Neil O'Donnell. Put yourselves in their shoes and rewind the tapes to the season prior. Yeah, getting your hands on those guys would have been a priority based on what they did the year prior. That being said, here is a few more, Scott Mitchell, Elvis Grbac, Jason Sehorn.
    Or put the shoe on the other foot, we bring in the "mediocre" talent and although this category is not as big of a list as the free agent busts, but Travis Henry did a good job for us, he wasn't a superstar and his solid performance helped tennessee almost make the playoffs, Priest Holmes, no one special when in Baltimore, but KC gets him and look out. I am sure there are others out there who were pleasant surprises to their new teams.
    I want to win the big one just like rest of you and I don't care if we get there via a Arena football grocery bagging qb that throws for 41 touchdowns ala Kurt Warner or by a bunch of "mediocre" talent that we sign and come in and do their f'n job like they are getting paid to do.
    Bottom line...the team is only as good as the staff and if the scouts can say that "so and so look like players that will fit in and perform" then so be it.

GO BILLS!!!!
Working...
X