PDA

View Full Version : Lindy Ruff: We don't care about being #1 in the whole NHL

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-16-2007, 08:26 PM
at Lindy's press conf. today after practice a reporter told Lindy now that Afinogenov and Novotny are out of the line-up and Stafford and MacArthur are up from Rochester to take their spots that this will hurt the Sabres chances at being the #1 overall team in the whole NHL. Lindy responded that you guys take this too seriously jokingly "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT BEING #1 IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE, AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON WE MADE OUR GOALS AND THEY WERE WINNING OUR DIVISION, WINNING THE EASTERN CONFERENCE AND WINNING THE STANLEY CUP! NOTHING ABOUT BEING #1 IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE IT WOULD BE A GREAT FOR THE TEAM AND FOR THE FANS IF IT DID HAPPEN!

I agree with him 100% maybe now skooby will stop making posts about being #1 in the whole NHL!

Philagape
02-16-2007, 08:28 PM
your best post ever

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 08:47 PM
:goodpost: agreed

Mitchy moo
02-16-2007, 08:50 PM
How about when game 7 in the SC finals is away, how do we feel abut #1 then?

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 08:53 PM

Doesn't matter, have to win four to move on. Just like match ups, got to beat them all.

SkateZilla
02-16-2007, 09:07 PM
$50 says Skooby was the reporter that asked the question.

Philagape
02-16-2007, 09:09 PM

Does that mean you won't post it until then?

JD
02-16-2007, 09:47 PM
If were 2nd in the league.. and the #1 team doesnt make it to the finals.. we get home ice correct?

SkateZilla
02-16-2007, 10:36 PM
If were 2nd in the league.. and the #1 team doesnt make it to the finals.. we get home ice correct?

Teams are Re- Seeded Every round, So, THe Top Seed thats left Always gets home ice,

seeing how well we play away, i'd rather not have home ice, lol, unless Reiger and Golisano invest in better ice management team

Ebenezer
02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
at Lindy's press conf. today after practice a reporter told Lindy now that Afinogenov and Novotny are out of the line-up and Stafford and MacArthur are up from Rochester to take their spots that this will hurt the Sabres chances at being the #1 overall team in the whole NHL. Lindy responded that you guys take this too seriously jokingly "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT BEING #1 IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE, AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON WE MADE OUR GOALS AND THEY WERE WINNING OUR DIVISION, WINNING THE EASTERN CONFERENCE AND WINNING THE STANLEY CUP! NOTHING ABOUT BEING #1 IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE IT WOULD BE A GREAT FOR THE TEAM AND FOR THE FANS IF IT DID HAPPEN!
let's consider for a minute that Lindy probably thinks they can't win the whole thing without a healthy line up either....

looks like Lindy thinks that beating Edmonton last night might not have been worth the cost of losing two players either...how come when I said it I took flack but when Lindy says it the way he did it's gospel???

camelcowboy
02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
let's consider for a minute that Lindy probably thinks they can't win the whole thing without a healthy line up either....

looks like Lindy thinks that beating Edmonton last night might not have been worth the cost of losing two players either...how come when I said it I took flack but when Lindy says it the way he did it's gospel???

I don't get that from Lindy, he's looking at this as a opportunity for the young guys to step up. Its a moot point injuries suck his job as a coach is to win with the players who can play. This is where a coach shows his value.

Crisis
02-17-2007, 02:12 AM
your best post ever

Like that says much...

Why do you talk in the quote box?

BlackMetalNinja
02-17-2007, 05:26 AM
$50 says Skooby was the reporter that asked the question.

I'm positive of it!

Take a look at the President's Trophy winner the past few seasons and let me know how many of them took the Cup home that year... Winning the division is important... I'd like to be first in the East, but having the most points in the league really doesn't mean much at all to me.