X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

"An attacking linebacker"

Again those were words from Levy's mouth. In fact he mentioned that more than once.

Interpret anyway you want. To me, that means London Fletcher-Baker is not in their plan, because London is not a good attcking linebacker. London does not have the size to do that. That pretty much rules out Crowell and Ellison as well, both are small but fast players.

That leaves Spikes as the other notable LB currently in the roster. Levy pretty much ruled out moving Spikes to the middle as the coaching staff never considered that option.

Conclusion? A FA MLB and if there no one to their liking, looking for one on that April weekend.
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: "An attacking linebacker"

An attacking linebacker?

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
      Again those were words from Levy's mouth. In fact he mentioned that more than once.

Interpret anyway you want. To me, that means London Fletcher-Baker is not in their plan, because London is not a good attcking linebacker. London does not have the size to do that. That pretty much rules out Crowell and Ellison as well, both are small but fast players.

That leaves Spikes as the other notable LB currently in the roster. Levy pretty much ruled out moving Spikes to the middle as the coaching staff never considered that option.

Conclusion? A FA MLB and if there no one to their liking, looking for one on that April weekend.
      Actually Crowell was mentionned as an option for the middle and IMO he can do it.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Man when he gets low he delivers a hit.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• jamesiscool
          suck it fool.
          • Feb 2007

i agree, willis is still my best bet in the 1st for the bills. sooooo im guna start corssin my fingers now and hope i hear his name called when the bills are up n the draft.

He's a "character guy" and is everything that this organization is going to be looking for and an instant upgrade over any other option we have on our current roster.

James
          Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

He'd be a good pick for us, and nice video!
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

You got any other video's like that?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Would love Timmons or Willis as LB picks for us. Maybe both...lol

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

If there isn't somebody on the roster right now to push Crowell, there will be come training camp. Either way, I say he locks down the position.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh

Whoa....Im with ya on Fletch not fitting the mold. But Crowell and Ellison? Crowell is 6' 1" 235, for reference Ray Lewis is 6' 1" 250. Ellison is 6' 0" 228, Fletch is 5' 10" 245....lets not lump them together like that just yet.

Crowell is certainly big enough to man the middle, and on the outside Ellison is big enough there.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

if they want an "attacking" linebacker why dont they hire randy mcmicheal and convert him
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                        • Jun 2003

I like Willis because of this "old school" vibe you get from him.
                        www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          He'd be a good pick for us, and nice video!
                          Take it for what it's worth but according to Scouts Inc. he is always injured, lacks good coverage skills, does not diagnose the play quick enough, lacks ideal bulk.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I worry about Willis because he's only 230 lbs. and probably suited more for the outside. He's also had a problem with constantly fighting nagging injuries.

I mentioned David Harris of Michigan as a possibility in Round 2. A true MLB who hits the hole fast and stops the run. The downside in a Cover 2 is his ability to cover. It's up to the Bills. Outside of Urlacher, you'll never find a big MLB with the speed to cover the deep seam. So the Bills need to bring up a safety in coverage and let a run stuffing MLB attack the line.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I think Coy Wire is our attacking LB.

Comment

Working...
                              X