Devin
02-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Bengals Franchise Smith
Bears Franchise Briggs
Pats Franchise Samuel

Likely to be Franchised:
Colts - Freeney
Ravens - A. Thomas

It would be nice to see a run at Cato June but truthfully if we land 1 FA....just 1 big time guy preferrably at OG id be friggin ecstatic.

Thats a lot of meat gone. Nate is gonna get a ridiculous payday, I bet he ends up a 49er.

Philagape
02-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Like I said elsewhere, G is the best combination of urgent need, availability of impact players, and affordability. If we're going to overpay somewhere, let this be it. Other needs can be met with mid-level FAs or the draft.

HHURRICANE
02-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Bengals Franchise Smith
Bears Franchise Briggs
Pats Franchise Samuel

Likely to be Franchised:
Colts - Freeney
Ravens - A. Thomas

It would be nice to see a run at Cato June but truthfully if we land 1 FA....just 1 big time guy preferrably at OG id be friggin ecstatic.

Thats a lot of meat gone. Nate is gonna get a ridiculous payday, I bet he ends up a 49er.

Well that sucked. I called the Briggs one last week (heard it on Sirrius).

I'm glad we didn't tag Nate because he deserves to get the richest contract in NFL history. Seriously, at the rate things are going he's going to have a contract equal to Peyton or Michael Vick. This is insane and we are officially stupid.

G. Host
02-16-2007, 09:34 PM
This is insane and we are officially stupid.

I can agree with you but but not we.

BILLSROCK1212
02-16-2007, 09:54 PM
I want a WR!!!!

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Bengals Franchise Smith
Bears Franchise Briggs
Pats Franchise Samuel

Likely to be Franchised:
Colts - Freeney
Ravens - A. Thomas

Thank you for speaking good sense.

The fact is this: with the players that have been franchised, there will be only 10 or fewer top line players available. With 32 teams looking to sign them (or at least 20, as some are cap tight), betting one prime player will be great.

I would love to see Steinbach or Deilman.

Bert102176
02-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I want Kevin Curtis, and Deilman, along with Gant from NO for a DE, resign A-Train

ublinkwescore
02-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Me too - we need to make a run at a legit #2 WR, #1 LB (Cato June), and the best G we can get in FA.

ublinkwescore
02-16-2007, 10:18 PM
we should still have some money left after those three holes have been filled - use that to extend/re-sign our own.

BILLSROCK1212
02-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Me too - we need to make a run at a legit #2 WR, #1 LB (Cato June), and the best G we can get in FA.
if we do that i wouldnt have a problem with sitting out the rest of free agency...we then could draft TE and CB in the first two rounds thrown in a QB and a FB sometime in the draft or pick one of those 2 up in FA which shouldn't be a big deal and the rest is all best player available

alohabillsfan
02-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Well that sucked. I called the Briggs one last week (heard it on Sirrius).

I'm glad we didn't tag Nate because he deserves to get the richest contract in NFL history. Seriously, at the rate things are going he's going to have a contract equal to Peyton or Michael Vick. This is insane and we are officially stupid.

Actually, the team that signs him to that contract is offically stupid!

Wasn't everyone *****ing about Nate performance half way through the season?

Let's get over it and move on!

jamze132
02-17-2007, 07:44 AM
I think we all expected Briggs to be tagged, oh well. I wouldn't spend the money on Cato June that it will take to sign him. I would like to get one in the first round of the draft, if possible. We definetly need to look at G during FA though. And if we can get a serviceable CB through FA, we won't need to spend antother day 1 pick their either.

SABURZFAN
02-17-2007, 10:26 AM
polian was on Mike & Mike last week and he said that freeney isn't going anywhere.he will be franchised.

patmoran2006
02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
The way this organization has a hard on for retaining our own free agents on a year-by-year losing team.. I'm surprised we don't tag Andre Davis

Michael82
02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey, the good news is that we most likely will get a 3rd round compensation pick for letting Nate Clements and London Fletcher go. :up:

Scumbag College
02-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey, the good news is that we most likely will get a 3rd round compensation pick for letting Nate Clements and London Fletcher go. :up:

In 2008, right?

Bert102176
02-17-2007, 02:07 PM
yes the picks will be in 2008, and as for Freeney he is very good at pass rushing but what about run stopping I don't think he's that great in run stopping

Michael82
02-17-2007, 02:53 PM
In 2008, right?
yup.

Yasgur's Farm
02-17-2007, 03:55 PM
After the recent talk about Spikes... How about we go balls to the wall for Adalius Thomas and Cato June. Ravens are gonna have trouble coming up with the scratch to tag Thomas... http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens15feb15,0,5202868.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

That should still leave enough "cash under cap" to bring home Steinbach or Deilman or Dockery... Coupled with resigning Gandy and a 3rd round pick.

BTW... If we sign these guys, and lose Clements and Fletcher... Don't expect any 2008 draft compensation.

raphael120
02-17-2007, 08:39 PM
asante samuel is in another league compared to Nate...i dont know what the big deal is about Nate...you can tell he plays when he wants to play. never seemed like a "team" player to me. asante was a game changed...Nate just showed up when the game was over

Devin
02-19-2007, 11:13 AM
After the recent talk about Spikes... How about we go balls to the wall for Adalius Thomas and Cato June. Ravens are gonna have trouble coming up with the scratch to tag Thomas... http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens15feb15,0,5202868.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

That should still leave enough "cash under cap" to bring home Steinbach or Deilman or Dockery... Coupled with resigning Gandy and a 3rd round pick.

BTW... If we sign these guys, and lose Clements and Fletcher... Don't expect any 2008 draft compensation.

Thomas would be a great signing but I truly believe Marv has his sights set on an OG.

Are you saying sign June/Thomas AND one of the top OG's? If so your mistaken. It will cost probably 10 mil alone against this years cap if not more to sign on of the top OG's.

Yasgur's Farm
02-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Thomas would be a great signing but I truly believe Marv has his sights set on an OG.

Are you saying sign June/Thomas AND one of the top OG's? If so your mistaken. It will cost probably 10 mil alone against this years cap if not more to sign on of the top OG's.It's doable... Throw in the $4.5M we save from dumping Spikes and Villarrial... The Bills will have close to $25M to spend on other teams free agents.