PDA

View Full Version : Anything is possible

Devin
02-16-2007, 09:14 PM
So I believe Marv and Co. have their sights set on one big name, likely an OG either Steinbach or Dielman. I am willing to bet we sign 1 big name and maybe 2-4 mid tier guys.

Now whether they actually get the guy they target who knows, but given Marv's reference to the OL a few times I bet its an OG. They seem content with Peters and Pennington/Butler at OT. And Fowler isnt going anywhere for at least another season. Steinbach I could see getting a 36-42mil deal over 6 years.

Obviously if SD chooses to tag Dielman then the market for Steinbach goes up even more. But if not I can see us making a serious run at both.

Clements/Fletcher/Kelsay are likely gone. Kelsay with an outside shot of course but he will get decent signing bonus money somewhere im sure. Honestly I think Gandy maybe gone as well.

After thinking about it and hearing what Marv said I actually am not that bothered now. I think we will plug holes at CB, WR and probably DL with mid tier guys.

I think we draft maybe Carriker, Johnson or Willis (unless of course Anderson falls).

OL:
OT: Peters
OG: Preston (unless Gandy is retained)
C: Fowler
OG: Steinbach/Dielman
OT: Pennington/Butler

DL:
DE: Schobel
DT: Triplett/McCargo
DT: Williams
DE: Carriker

Eh screw it Mardi Gras awaits.