PDA

View Full Version : Biron to Montreal?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Huet is out indefantely with a hamstring injury so how about trading Biron home to Montreal and picking up Souray the Canadiens are almost out of the playoff race now anyways. he's an UFA would fit in nicely with Briere and Drury. Plus it seems like he is the one that always kills us whenever we play the Canadiens. By the way from ESPN Insider The Ottawa Sun is reporting that the Sabres are asking for a player, a prospect and a first-round pick for Biron. I would like to see us keep Biron though. I still think were still going to stay pat at the deadline though.

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't mind it but Montreal won't bite they are high on a prospect named halak he's going to be their boy.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tables_body align=middle>30</TD><TD align=left>David Aebischer (http://www.canadiens.com/eng/team/redirect.cfm?sectionID=habsPlayer.cfm&playerID=30204) </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>6' 1" </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>187 </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>Left </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>02-07-1978 </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>Fribourg,CH </TD><TD class=tables_body align=left>Trade - 03/08/2006 (COL) </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eaeaea><TD class=tables_body align=middle>41</TD><TD align=left>Jaroslav Halak (http://www.canadiens.com/eng/team/redirect.cfm?sectionID=habsPlayer.cfm&playerID=29565) </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>5' 11" </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>171 </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>Left </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>05-13-1985 </TD><TD class=tables_body align=middle>Bratislava,SK </TD><TD class=tables_body align=left>11th pick (271) - 2003 (9th round) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Problem with Marty is that a Team like Tampa Bay would take him, but we could very well play him in the first round. Marty UFA status makes him a rental with very few suitors. If a team like Montreal trades Souray they are looking to get young and are pretty much giving up hope. Colorado, Los Angelos, the Rangers with Weeks being down could all be possibilities.

clumping platelets
02-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Souray is UFA after this season also I believe........I doubt Le Habs would trade within division

Mitchy moo
02-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Souray is UFA after this season also I believe........I doubt Le Habs would trade within division

nor should we.

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 11:51 PM

Yeah he is, he has stated he's going to test the market. So look for him to possibly sent west if the Habs continue to trouble. Wild, Sharks,ducks, pretty much any team looking to keep up with the preds.

Ebenezer
02-17-2007, 12:42 AM
I like the aspect that 14 of his 19 goals have come on the PP...that being said, he is a -13 Def on a team with a -7 differential...defensive liability??