• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Not Happy with Marvs Press conference?

read this,

1. Waiting for a better wave: Watch for the top teams to skip free agency's expensive first wave. The Colts, Patriots, Bengals, Chargers, Eagles, Ravens, Panthers and others probably will sit out the big spending. Their money will go into re-signings. Fans might be antsy if their home teams don't go big into free agency, but spending in free agency doesn't necessary translate into victories. The Colts won a Super Bowl by adding only kicker Adam Vinatieri, who signed for $2.4 million a year. The Chargers added only safety Marlon McCree and backup tight end Aaron Shea, and won 14 games. The Patriots went to the AFC Championship Game and their net gain out of free agency was Reche Caldwell, who made $900,000 last year.
    If I were a Bill fan.....(sorry, I just got a little sick) I wouldn't worry about today's Press conference, it seems like a growing trend not to pay out the nose, but coach-up. Seems it works fr some good teams. Looks like Marv is as smart a GM, as he was HC!
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Not Happy with Marvs Press conference?

Like I said before, you build a SB team with good drafting not overspending.

Comment

• jmb1099
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
      read this,

If I were a Bill fan.....(sorry, I just got a little sick) I wouldn't worry about today's Press conference, it seems like a growing trend not to pay out the nose, but coach-up. Seems it works fr some good teams. Looks like Marv is as smart a GM, as he was HC!
      Who are you and what have you done with FTP?

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

read this,

Dam FTP, I hate to say this but your right, I wish actual Bills fans could feel this way!

Comment

• cordog
          eat, drink, and be merry
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer

Its worked out pretty well for the squeelers and pats!

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I don't disagree with this at all. Anyone with sense knows that a Super Bowl team is built through the draft. and the Bills have started to plant their seeds with losman, evans, mcgahee (if he ever gets his head out of his ass), whitner and some others.

But all around they dont have the talent that the Colts and Pats do. I take that back, they do have talent. They dont have the talent on the interior..

So obviously they should be drafting at those spots. But they also have the money to make some kind of impact and kind of speed up the process of being competitive upfront by adding a couple of interior players that could help them immediately.

now Steinbach may command too much money, but there are other guards who would be worth it to bring to this team. Not always, but sometimes a player comes in FA thats worth the hefty price tag. Dielman is one of them. So is Charles Grant, should he even be available.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
              call the police, he has been kidnapped and forced to give up his screen name.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

read this,

you missed a key phrase: TOP TEAMS. We arent one. Those teams are perennial playoff teams, they dont need a drastic improvement in talent. Can the same be said for us?

I think its inaccurate to call #1 a growing trend, what it is is a plan for teams that dont need that much.

Thats not us.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

That's right... Top teams...
                  1) Already have the talent.
                  2) Therefore they're already paying for that talent.
                  3) The result... they don't have the need or the cap room to hit the 1st tier.

Teams like the Bills...
                  1) While they have some talent... They have huge holes to fill due to poor drafting or past purging to get out of cap hell.
                  2) They are behind the game. Building from the draft would work, but takes much longer.
                  3) Marv said last season "Now days teams have the ability to get real good real fast".

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                    you missed a key phrase: TOP TEAMS. We arent one. Those teams are perennial playoff teams, they dont need a drastic improvement in talent. Can the same be said for us?

I think its inaccurate to call #1 a growing trend, what it is is a plan for teams that dont need that much.

Thats not us.

Gee, did you happen to see how they became top teams?

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Finally FTP sais something that wasn't meant to detroy the Bills and their fans. Nice job!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

I think the Bills need JP to step up this year and be the gamer he can be. If that comes together we will look better as a team. Give him the OL protection he needs and the ability to actually run over a 4.2 yards average and we'll do just fine.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jmb1099
                          rofl.. i was just thinking the same thing.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

if they land Cato June and a quality guard they will be fine...

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• jimmifli
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              You build a superbowl team with really good players. It doesn't matter how you get them.

Comment

Working...
                              X