PDA

View Full Version : Michael Irvin may be fired from ESPN for Bill Parcells

BILLSROCK1212
02-17-2007, 09:09 AM
NFL | ESPN cutting ties with Irvin?
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:25:02 -0800

Pat Reichart, of the New York Post, reports ESPN could be cutting ties with NFL analyst Michael Irvin, according to an industry source. ESPN has not confirmed or denied the report and said, "We are currently in the process of discussing studio assignments for next season." There is speculation former NFL head coach Bill Parcells could end up with the network.

patmoran2006
02-17-2007, 09:19 AM
I actually like Irvin.. Im tired of politically correct analyst.. He will diss the hell out of someone.

gr8slayer
02-17-2007, 09:22 AM
They both suck.

BILLSROCK1212
02-17-2007, 09:28 AM
I actually like Irvin.. Im tired of politically correct analyst.. He will diss the hell out of someone.
finally someone who agrees with me......without Irvin and Berman this show is nothing and only with Berman idk how long i could last watching SNFLC

DraftBoy
02-17-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree Irvin adds some nice flavor to the show that other pregame shows fail to have (CBS) and the other one is a joke (FOX).

Earthquake Enyart
02-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Irvin is a tool. Parcells did TV a few years ago and he was quite good.

patmoran2006
02-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Are you people hating on Irvin as an analyst or cause he is in the hall and andre isn't?

mysticsoto
02-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Are you people hating on Irvin as an analyst or cause he is in the hall and andre isn't?

I'm hating on Irvin b'cse of his stupid Tiki Barber comments last season that ended up making him look like a fool. Of course, once he said his stupid comments, he was too proud to back up. Tiki was not a distraction to his team last year and played well, almost carrying his team on his shoulders. But Irvin never backed away from his own comments and b'cse of that I don't like him anymore. I hope he does get fired!

Night Train
02-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Irvin is an annoying fool.

With my luck, the NFL Network will hire him and place him next to Dion, the other cackling fool.

Jan Reimers
02-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Parcells is a helluva lot smarter than Irvin. I'd rather have the smart guy - who is also pretty entertaining, looking at some of his press conferences - than the stupid crack head.

Billsrock4life
02-17-2007, 03:02 PM

you like crackheads?

Bling
02-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I'd much rather them bring back Rush Limbaugh if they need spice. Irvin is just plain dumb. He's as big a racist as Rush; he's dumber than Roscoe Parrish, Willis McGahee and Frank Gore; and he does cocaine. That's enough to get you fired the first week. I'm surprised ESPN has kept him for so long.

SABURZFAN
02-17-2007, 05:08 PM

irvin isn't much of an analyst.

raphael120
02-17-2007, 05:32 PM
i think parcells would be funnier than irvin, have you seen parcells press conferences? he's hilarious!

HAMMER
02-17-2007, 06:29 PM
I think Irvin adds some good bits, but I HATE Bill Parcells and would not want to see his turkey neck in the studio every week.

ublinkwescore
02-17-2007, 07:56 PM

I hate Irvin because he's a moron, and he should have been chastized for his comments about (slow) white WRs a season or two ago - but no, there was a double standard - Rush Limbaugh got fired for essentially the same thing - except his was more a criticism of the media.

The way Tom Jackson reacted to that (Limbaugh incident) made me lose a little bit of respect for him too.

Bling
02-17-2007, 08:43 PM
I hate Irvin because he's a moron, and he should have been chastized for his comments about (slow) white WRs a season or two ago - but no, there was a double standard - Rush Limbaugh got fired for essentially the same thing - except his was more a criticism of the media.

The way Tom Jackson reacted to that (Limbaugh incident) made me lose a little bit of respect for him too.

You also forgot Irvin's comments about how Romo's great-grandmother threw herself at a black slave.

Dr. Lecter
02-17-2007, 09:13 PM

Unless it is TO.

Then he slobbers all over him.

Mr. Cynical
02-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Irvin is a tool. Parcells did TV a few years ago and he was quite good.

Agreed. Parcells isn't going to couch his opinions so that will be good to see. And NOT seeing that effing egotistical criminal a*hole every show will be even better.

B-DON
02-18-2007, 05:25 PM
parcells is boring. irvin brings humor just like berman. i am sure you could a better football mind than berman but you would lose a ton of entertainment value. point is irvin has that value and parcells doesnt