PDA

View Full Version : will the O-line be any better this year?

jchild178
03-07-2003, 01:41 PM
will the O-line be any better this year and should the bills go after another safety like blain bishop?

The Natrix
03-07-2003, 01:47 PM
IMO, the O-line will be better, not because of future aquisitions but because of experience. MW was a rookie for christs sake!

Pierson P is horrible so yes, a FS is a must after a LB and a DT. Blain Bishop is not an option do to the fact that he is washed up.

jchild178
03-07-2003, 01:49 PM
does anyone know of a good safety out there worth the price? cuz i dont think TD would overpay a FS by any means

Cntrygal
03-07-2003, 01:55 PM
I think we will be more effective esp if we stay away from being one dimensional. And of course, as Natrix said... experience.

Voltron
03-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Didn't we just sign Pierson to a 3 or 4 year extention?

Tatonka
03-07-2003, 02:06 PM
sammy knight or dexter jackson are the only options.. but dexter jackson is a one game wonder imho... larry brown all over again.

The Natrix
03-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
Didn't we just sign Pierson to a 3 or 4 year extention?

yes, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he sucks. It also doesn't mean he has to be the starter.

I hope I am wrong on my first point. I will glady eat my words.

I am willing to give him another chance since last season's front 7 was weak, although I am still looking for TD to get a replacement for him.

Yes, he is good in run support, but that is not what the Bills need out of him (It's Wire's job.) We need a FS with lock-down CB cover ability, and he can hit like a girl for all I care.

Herdwatcher
03-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Tony Driver is high on the teams list. Raw player only getting better. I sure would like to see a few picks from the safty position this season.

jchild178
03-07-2003, 02:12 PM
tony driver is injury prone though....sammy knight would be sweet but most likely would want to much!

TypicalBill
03-07-2003, 02:14 PM
i think drafting a good shutdown corner with size and then changing him to FS would be a good idea.

WG
03-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Yeah, S may be a good first/second round draft pick.

T,

I hear ya, but I don't think Jackson is as bad as Brown. I'm sure he's a decent S although I'm also sure he'll get overpaid as a result of winning the SB.

Our OL will definitely get better. JJ is third year now. MW is second after a very good rookie year. Brown is our seasoned vet. Teague, well, you know my opinion there, but he's average let's say, so we're fine at C. Sullivan is third year, second year starter so he should be somewhat improved too.

Where I think we may have issues is if we have any injuries. Price is our only experienced backup unless Conaty resigns. After that all we have is youth and inexperience on our team.

We should wait for some OL-men from June 1st cuts if we don't grab any now. But one, possibly two OL-men B/Us would be good.

kgun12
03-07-2003, 02:20 PM
I'm confused>

What's wrong with the O line.

2 1000 yd WR's
1 1400+ RB (could have been a lot more)
1 QB almost 4000 yds
This with a rookie ROT
2 second year guys and a C that played the position for the 1st time since college
add to it 1 Pro Bowl WR, RB, and QB and 1 WR and RB alernate.
Yes there was sacks, but we set a team record for pass attemps. With the experience this line got it will be one of the best by mid season this year!
NO THIS ISN"T A CONSERN!

jchild178
03-07-2003, 02:24 PM
I'm confused>

What's wrong with the O line.

%0 some sacks was the problem....bledsoe is a freakin warrior and made of steel hopefully he can take the some punishment this year if they dont get any better but i think they will

jchild178
03-07-2003, 02:25 PM
50 some i meant

kgun12
03-07-2003, 02:40 PM
AGAIN Teams record for Pass Attemps! Sack are going to happen. What do you think needs to be done to fix the O line jchild?

jchild178
03-07-2003, 02:52 PM
it was most likely coaching and sometimes bledsoe did hold the ball to long....overall you do have a good point tho!