PDA

View Full Version : Cato June

Talk0fNewYork
02-17-2007, 02:23 PM
We will be stupid not to go after him, he has 100+ tackles, 10 int's, 2 td's, in the last three years. Why the hell wouldn't we go after him?

DraftBoy
02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
We already have our own version in Keith Ellison??

raphael120
02-17-2007, 05:44 PM
ehhh, i dunno about that. i dont see ellison being the type of player that june is. look at junes first full year in the NFL
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD> Year</TD><TD> Team</TD><TD> G</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Tkl</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>Sacks</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Pass Def</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>Indianapolis Colts</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>84.0</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>35.5</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
ellisons
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>33.0</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

so with only 2 more games, and 1 more year experience, june has double the tackles, 5 more passed defended, and 1 more INT

but then again, who knows, but from what we see so far, cato june might be a considerable upgrade. he's hitting his prime, and as far as FA's go, i dont see any other big name signings that we can honestly afford to immediately help our team and not just be a competition clown "who sucks less" in training camp. maybe if we pick up steinbech or whoever it is that would be a good fit on the OL...i think the bills might just pick up an OG in FA...i would say that would be the best bet...LB, we can always draft or see what we already have. but if we end up losing spikes, we DEF need june... but we shall see how FA plays out and who we end up kickin to the curb

DraftBoy
02-17-2007, 06:11 PM
ehhh, i dunno about that. i dont see ellison being the type of player that june is. look at junes first full year in the NFL
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD> Year</TD><TD> Team</TD><TD> G</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Tkl</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>Sacks</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Pass Def</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>Indianapolis Colts</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>84.0</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>35.5</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
ellisons
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>33.0</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

so with only 2 more games, and 1 more year experience, june has double the tackles, 5 more passed defended, and 1 more INT

but then again, who knows, but from what we see so far, cato june might be a considerable upgrade. he's hitting his prime, and as far as FA's go, i dont see any other big name signings that we can honestly afford to immediately help our team and not just be a competition clown "who sucks less" in training camp. maybe if we pick up steinbech or whoever it is that would be a good fit on the OL...i think the bills might just pick up an OG in FA...i would say that would be the best bet...LB, we can always draft or see what we already have. but if we end up losing spikes, we DEF need june... but we shall see how FA plays out and who we end up kickin to the curb

I dont know where your stats come from but lets use ESPN.com, and lets be tangent about it. June in his rookie year (03) had 8 tackles in 11 games, and then in his second year (04) he had 56 tackles in 8 games, 05 led to 103 tackles in 12 games. Now June has 3 more years of exp over Ellison not, just one. So Ellison's 65 tackles as a rookie in 14 games is pretty good considering he started less than half those (June started all 8 games in 04) and had better stats then June.

Talk0fNewYork
02-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I dont know where your stats come from but lets use ESPN.com, and lets be tangent about it. June in his rookie year (03) had 8 tackles in 11 games, and then in his second year (04) he had 56 tackles in 8 games, 05 led to 103 tackles in 12 games. Now June has 3 more years of exp over Ellison not, just one. So Ellison's 65 tackles as a rookie in 14 games is pretty good considering he started less than half those (June started all 8 games in 04) and had better stats then June.
We need a starter NOW! Not a few years down the road NOW! And no one here is willing to let Ellison start so why try to defend him?

Throne Logic
02-18-2007, 10:18 PM
We need a starter NOW! Not a few years down the road NOW! And no one here is willing to let Ellison start so why try to defend him?

Who's not willing to let Ellison start? Some random fans?

The coaches might be very comfortable with Ellison starting. Why not - he did very well given the situation and what he was asked to do.

The question is do they believe Spikes can be effective? I believe they base their moves more on that point than about whether or not Ellison will be a solid full-time starter.

ublinkwescore
02-19-2007, 02:53 AM
June was leading the league in INTs the year before last I believe - I'd take him.

Night Train
02-19-2007, 04:41 AM

Check the Bills depth chart. Ellison is listed as the starter on the weakside. Spikes, Crowell are #1,#2 on the strongside.

DraftBoy
02-19-2007, 07:21 AM

No your not willing to let him start, many of us realize we are likely not going to be a contender this year and need to let our young guys grow up rather than further delaying their growth.

ublinkwescore
02-19-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm ok with Ellison starting somewhere on the outside - but not in the middle.

bigbub2352
02-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I like Cado June but he is like Fletcher a tackle catcher and Rb's break his tackles alot at the point of attack, he was a saftery convert to LB in the pros so he is excellent in pass coverage, i would not be oppossed to him comeing here but he will cost alot