PDA

View Full Version : Hey Eb...

BlackMetalNinja
02-17-2007, 10:55 PM
We lost tonight and still had more injuries... what was that idea of yours again, because I surely didn't understand it then, and I don't think I get it anymore now.

Ebenezer
02-18-2007, 12:32 AM
The idea still stands...going 110% all the time might result in an over abundance of injuries and players that are not available come playoff time...

camelcowboy
02-18-2007, 12:38 AM
The idea still stands...going 110% all the time might result in an over abundance of injuries and players that are not available come playoff time...

I was always tought on the field, i think this may apply to the rink as well. You don't go 100% thats when you get hurt?

Ebenezer
02-18-2007, 12:48 AM
all I know is that fans are really thrilled that we are #1 in the league and the ranks keep getting thinner and thinner...again, I'll take 8th in the conference and a long playoff run...

camelcowboy
02-18-2007, 12:54 AM
all I know is that fans are really thrilled that we are #1 in the league and the ranks keep getting thinner and thinner...again, I'll take 8th in the conference and a long playoff run... Look at the bright side we are testing our Depth. Stafford, MacAuthur did ok. The sabres were going to stand pat, but they are being forced to act. They'll have to trade marty now. Fedetenko,or Adams would be great additions to this team for the playoffs. We built up a good cushion, now we have to take some lumps.

Ebenezer
02-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Look at the bright side we are testing our Depth. Stafford, MacAuthur did ok. The sabres were going to stand pat, but they are being forced to act. They'll have to trade marty now. Fedetenko,or Adams would be great additions to this team for the playoffs. We built up a good cushion, now we have to take some lumps.
assuming all those players are ready to play by the playoffs and that one, some or many of the players still in the lineup aren't nursing some sort of injuries (as has been rumored about Campbell and Numminen).

camelcowboy
02-18-2007, 01:01 AM
assuming all those players are ready to play by the playoffs and that one, some or many of the players still in the lineup aren't nursing some sort of injuries (as has been rumored about Campbell and Numminen).

Lindy's going to have out coach some people, this is where he makes his money. I wouldn't be shocked to see him throw his defensive hockey system that bored us for years back in place. If i were him i'd start to playing more of the trap, just to slow things down for the rookies.

camelcowboy
02-18-2007, 01:03 AM

Spacek is due back in a few of weeks, You might see tempo thrown on the bench, barring our team stops dropping like fly.

Ebenezer
02-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Lindy's going to have out coach some people, this is where he makes his money. I wouldn't be shocked to see him throw his defensive hockey system that bored us for years back in place. If i were him i'd start to playing more of the trap, just to slow things down for the rookies.
you can outcoach anybody you want...at some point you need to put players on the ice...the Rochester Sabres are not going to beat Jersey, Ottawa or Pittsburg in a seven game series.

BlackMetalNinja
02-18-2007, 08:53 AM
So we win and get injuries and that sucks... we lose, and get injuries and that sucks. Should we just stand our guys against the boards and let the opponents have open season on the rink??? Your idea really doesn't make any sense to anybody but you apparantly. If we go out there and skate half-assed, injuries will probably double.

camelcowboy
02-18-2007, 10:52 AM
you can outcoach anybody you want...at some point you need to put players on the ice...the Rochester Sabres are not going to beat Jersey, Ottawa or Pittsburg in a seven game series.

Then what should they do Eb? Thrown in the towel? This converstation is pointless. Injuries happen EB you could rise above them or you can let them sink you. Coaching is the x factor, because the line up that will play Philly on Tuesday is far more talented then anything we had during our playoff years under Nolan and Ruff. You have your top two 1/2 lines your defense is in good shape, and you have your all star goal tender. It could be alot worse, stop this crap about its not good to play every game hard because its bull. Spacek laysdown to block a shot and it hits his wrist, Maxium Breaks his wrist on a fall, Gausted has tendon sliced by a blade. Its not because they're trying too hard it just some bad breaks. Briere, Pommer, Vanek, Drury, Hecht, Roy, Mair they have enough pieces to win. These scrapes are as good as most teams, as far as im concerned with Paille, and Stafford who shouldn't be in Rochester gives this team three quality lines. So now what? well you become like every other team in the league who hardly ever play's their forth line. You try to play above .500 for this year and you still have a good seed in the playoffs. Then you get your wounded back and make a run. Sky is not falling it will be ok.

Ebenezer
02-18-2007, 08:11 PM
you both miss the point...you don't go out every night at break neck 100% speed...every win is not essential...have you given any thought that they are getting injured because they have been going full throttle all season long?? When other teams turn it up in the playoffs will the Sabres have anything left to turn up?

MikeInRoch
02-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I do see your point, but I've often heard it said (at least in football), that playing 'not to get injured' is the best way to actually get injured. Do you think that these injuries were in any part because of playing recklessly?

Dr. Lecter
02-18-2007, 09:39 PM

First off a pet peeve: It is impossible to give 110%. It is the most annoying cliche in sports.

Second, the best way to get hurt is to give less than 100%.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
First off a pet peeve: It is impossible to give 110%. It is the most annoying cliche in sports.

Second, the best way to get hurt is to give less than 100%.

If you gave me $100 and I gave you back $110, what percent did I give you back?

It isn't bigger that "a deer in the headlights look", which is my pet peeve.

Ebenezer
02-18-2007, 10:28 PM
I do see your point, but I've often heard it said (at least in football), that playing 'not to get injured' is the best way to actually get injured. Do you think that these injuries were in any part because of playing recklessly?
I think these injuries happened (except Max) because they have been going full throttle all year...they are tired and hurts keep building up...you can only push your body so long before it breaks or fights back.

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 09:04 AM
They are supposed to go full throttle every single night. That is why they get paid. Injuries are just part of the game. It's stupid to think they shouldn't be going at 100% every game. I'd rather have injuries happen now than in game 7 of the ECF. At least the Rochester guys get game experience now. Plus with people like Max, he will come back fresh in time for a long playoff run.