I'll be shocked if the Sabres make any trades...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I'll be shocked if the Sabres make any trades...

With all the injuries they have suffered this week I will be shocked if the Sabres will make any trades...I don't even know if they CAN make any trades. To have gotten something of value they would have had to trade Biron and probably a prospect or two...at this point those prospects are playing for the parent club. That leaves Biron...what would a team be willing to give the Sabres for a G who will be an UFA at season's end? Combine that with the fact that teams will try to scalp the Sabres because they know the Sabres need positional players and are desperate sellers I doubt the Sabres will even get any reasonable offers.

I don't see any trades unless they basically cast off Biron to get some cap relief.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: I'll be shocked if the Sabres make any trades...

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    With all the injuries they have suffered this week I will be shocked if the Sabres will make any trades...I don't even know if they CAN make any trades. To have gotten something of value they would have had to trade Biron and probably a prospect or two...at this point those prospects are playing for the parent club. That leaves Biron...what would a team be willing to give the Sabres for a G who will be an UFA at season's end? Combine that with the fact that teams will try to scalp the Sabres because they know the Sabres need positional players and are desperate sellers I doubt the Sabres will even get any reasonable offers.

I don't see any trades unless they basically cast off Biron to get some cap relief.
    We'll have a new player by wensday. I'll bet all my 500 zone bucks

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
      We'll have a new player by wensday. I'll bet all my 500 zone bucks
      you're on....I'll even give you 2:1...except in the case of dumping Biron for prospects and salary relief.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

you're on....I'll even give you 2:1...except in the case of dumping Biron for prospects and salary relief.
        Sounds good, Kevyn Adams will look real nice in sabre uni
        Last edited by camelcowboy; 02-18-2007, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
          Sounds good, Kevyn Adams will look real nice in sabre uni
          yeah, he's a local guy finally home he's from Clarence, NY

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Adams would be ok I guess. I would prefer they go for it though and bring in a difference maker.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Then don't be shocked if the Sabres get knocked out of the playoffs without achieving the ultimate goal.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                Then don't be shocked if the Sabres get knocked out of the playoffs without achieving the ultimate goal.
                Im with you they are good, but they need some grit. With the GM meetings starting monday this is darcy's chance to make a deal. It all hinges on Marty they need his 2.3 mil salary gone. With all the Gm's in a room who knows what may happen.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

but why would any team trade and help the Sabres when Biron is basically rent-a-goalie?? the Sabres are injured prey right now...nobody is going to hand over a decent player - they will want a king's ransom.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

but why would any team trade and help the Sabres when Biron is basically rent-a-goalie?? the Sabres are injured prey right now...nobody is going to hand over a decent player - they will want a king's ransom.
                    Your not going to get a good roster player for Biron. Your looking for Picks and Prospects that the sabres could use as chips in aquiring "rental player" player(s) The biggest obsticle here is how picky is darcy going to be in who he trades Biron to. Do you risk trading him to Tampa Bay who is dwelling in the ranks of a possible first round contender. Maybe Detriot, Dom's due for a groin injury. To your point about the sabres being injuried pray, any team that would interested in Biron probally would need him as much as we need to unload him. You don't rent a player unless you feel he can give you a boost in the postseason. The rent a player issues could also be settled the same way Calgary did with the Stewart trade. A conditional pick in next years draft that elevates if he doesn't resign with the club. St. Louis, Columbus, Florida's philly's of the world are looking for Picks and prospects. Sabres do have some, but they can't use them without the cap space. Marty's value is the cap space he is taking up.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Bull****. Good goaltending is the biggest differencemaker there can be going into the playoffs. Biron is an above average legitimate starting goaltender in this league. Anyone that thinks there aren't going to be any teams willing to give up something of good value for him is nuts.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                        Bull****. Good goaltending is the biggest differencemaker there can be going into the playoffs. Biron is an above average legitimate starting goaltender in this league. Anyone that thinks there aren't going to be any teams willing to give up something of good value for him is nuts.
                        I agree, the only reason why i think Biron won't get us the player straight up is because of his UFA status. Most sellers are teams that have alot of building to do, and are not looking for a older goal tender. They want to go young and cheap. Marty's value in my mind lies with teams who are close to making a run, but are weak in goal tending. Colorado, Tampa, Detriot "Hasek is having a great season, but we all know his history". There is a market for marty. Should get picks, and Prospects for Biron then use them to land a desired player.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Right on Church.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

If Buffalo were to shop Marty they would be seen as a desperate seller...they would also have to get a G back in the process (you going to trust Adam Dennis behind Miller?)...if will be very hard to move him for much of anything.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

I don't by that at all. There are going to be some desperate buyers out there for a topflight goalie also, believe that.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X