PDA

View Full Version : After Marv's Press Conferance who do u think we take at 12?

bigbub2352
02-19-2007, 08:46 AM
After listening to the press conferance on Wgr 55 and listening to everyone do there post analysis on what he said, i think i might have to change my original thought of who we will be taking at 12....

As a matter iof fact i think the Bills will trade out of 12 maybe down to 18-20 range and try to pick up more draft picks, and use that pick on a LB or DLman, since Marv is such a fan of building thru draft

I now dont see us throwing money at any big FA's so it is only logical they go this route

any thoughts?

ddaryl
02-19-2007, 08:48 AM
it'll probably depend on who falls to us or doesn't, but trading down for more picks is a definite possibility IMO.

LB's DL and OL are priority.

Don't Panic
02-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Branch if he's there, maybe one of the top flight DEs, or trade down, like you said. Willis or Poz would be nice at 18-20. I mentioned this yesterday - a trade with Cincy of our 1st and 3rd for their 1st and 2nd would get us the LB we need. In addition, we could get a guy like Staley to fill the RT spot and one of the second tier DEs with our two #2s. That fills three holes immediately and makes "cash to cap" a much more likely to succeed approach, leaving RG, rotational DT and CB as our only major holes left.

Night Train
02-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Saul Emphysema - CB - Coe College

X-Era
02-19-2007, 09:00 AM
After listening to the press conferance on Wgr 55 and listening to everyone do there post analysis on what he said, i think i might have to change my original thought of who we will be taking at 12....

As a matter iof fact i think the Bills will trade out of 12 maybe down to 18-20 range and try to pick up more draft picks, and use that pick on a LB or DLman, since Marv is such a fan of building thru draft

I now dont see us throwing money at any big FA's so it is only logical they go this route

any thoughts?

Marshawn Lynch, Marv was clear that we are drafting a RB to compete. He may be there, hes a stud, he would be the best impact player at a need position.

JPFBillsFan
02-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Willis LB Ole Miss 4so

bigbub2352
02-19-2007, 09:09 AM
I think we go LB but if Willis from Ole Miss keeps climbing up the board he will be long gone especially if we trade down, Maybe Polszy form Penn State if he is there i cant see Bills taking him if he trade down to say 18-20

Bmax
02-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I say we will take one of these six guys.....

Patrick Willis-MLB-MISS-attacking LB we covet
Paul Posluszny-WLB-PENN ST-smart leader good tackler
Darrell Revis-depends on his 40 time at combine-CB-PITT-best cb in draft has passed hall from mich who is slipping
Charles Johnson-really moving up draft boards-DE-UGA-under sized athlete who is good edge rusher
Amobi Okoye-DT-Louisville-what will his weight be at the combine ?
Adam Carriker-DE-NEB-physical de who could be DT...in some systems

The combine workouts will really tell if guys are top 15 or not.....

My Dark Horse would be Marshawn Lynch...

BMAX

patmoran2006
02-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Who do I WANT us to draft? Charles Johnson, Carriker or Okoye (or Lynch for that matter)

WHO WILL WE DRAFT? either Patrick Willis or Leon Hall.

Devin
02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Who do I WANT us to draft? Charles Johnson, Carriker or Okoye (or Lynch for that matter)

WHO WILL WE DRAFT? either Patrick Willis or Leon Hall.

Yup.

Patrick Willis imo.

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Going along with the character stuff I doubt Lynch will go to Buffalo.

DraftBoy
02-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Willis is my guess

bigbub2352
02-19-2007, 03:31 PM
is Dallas Baker eligable for draft or is he back in school, i would like him in sec round, or Olsen if he falls

Mahdi
02-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Knowing Marv and what made him successful in his era is having a big three with good character and work ethic who want to win--- I think he doesnt seet that in Willis and will want his own version of TT . My pick is Marshawn Lynch. And Willis to be traded or allowed to walk next year.

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I would be stoked if we got Willis and especially if we were able to do so by trading down a few spots and grabbing another 2. I think this kid is going to be outstanding from day 1. I can't say who we will pick because last year I was stunned when I heard Donte Whitner called so who knows what Marv has up his sleeve this year.

dolphan117
02-19-2007, 09:36 PM

WHO WILL WE DRAFT? either Patrick Willis or Leon Hall.Word is that some scouts have Hall's stock falling and that if he doesnt run a sub 4.5 at the combine he may fall to late in the first or even all the way out of it.

Devin
02-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Hall wont run that fast or if he does it may not be by much.

Wasnt that always the knock on Hall, that he doesnt have elite speed?

X-Era
02-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Going along with the character stuff I doubt Lynch will go to Buffalo.

What exactly is the character issue? all charges dropped/actually not filed? Thats a non-issue.

jamze132
02-20-2007, 07:08 AM
I personally want to see Patrick Willis with our first pick whether it be at #12 or later if we trade down. But if we trade down thinking we can get him 18-20, I think Marv will have a broken heart. If Willis is the guy that the Bills target, their best bet is to just draft him at #12 and be done with it. Let Kiper run his mouth about how stupid we are for not drafting Leon Hall and let him run his stupid mouth about hwo we could have traded down and still got him. **** Kiper!

HHURRICANE
02-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Great thread.

First off, have the Bills ever traded down? I'm serious, because I doubt they will. There are too many good things at #12 that can happen and you arean't paying top 5 or top 10 money.

If Lynch is sitting at #12 the Bills will have to take him. I'm pretty sure that McGahee has burned his bridge and when the owner is calling you a disappointment I just don't see "contract extension" in your future.

What I don't get is the fact that our OL has been our biggest weakness for almost seven years now. It was TD who decided to ignore it and we never got better than 9-7.

Marv did say that last year they were addressing D which they did. Unless we bring an impact player on the OL through FA I think that Levi Brown could end up in a Bills uni.

bigbub2352
02-20-2007, 08:56 AM
I would not be oppossed to LB or RB here,but i would like to unload McGahee and pick up another 2nd or 3rd, instead of watching him walk out of here next year, if he did burn his bridge here then unload him and get somethign for him, because he has been average at best for us so far, but if we revampo the line it could be a different story