PDA

View Full Version : Ko Simpson

UKNFLFan
02-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi guys I'm an NFL fan from the UK and in the offseason I'm doing the rounds finding out as much as I can about various NFL players who I feel I don't know enough about at the moment! So I was wondering if you guys could tell me a little bit about Ko Simpson, how he did last year and what you expect of him in the coming season.

Any info or opinions would be massively appreciated, thanks!

THATHURMANATOR
02-19-2007, 09:48 AM
He was decent last year. Needs to work on tackling.

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 09:49 AM
He was decent for being a lower round draft pick. I was pleased that he started the majority of the season and I expect much bigger things out of him this season. The combo of him and Whitner could be very good.

UKNFLFan
02-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks very much guys :respect:

ZacGriffi~82
02-19-2007, 09:56 AM
It was no secret coming out of college that his talent was raw. That's why he lasted until the 4th. He showed flashes of his playmaking ability and coverage skill so i expect it to all come together this year.

Jan Reimers
02-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Great potential. May be a Pro Bowler some day. Played only 2 years of college ball, so needs some seasoning.

I expect that he will be much better this year, and a real playmaker by year three.

Earthquake Enyart
02-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I thought he was lousy.

HHURRICANE
02-19-2007, 10:47 AM
He looked like a rookie that was starting. He should look much better this year.

patmoran2006
02-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Good enough that we aint worrying about safety this offseason, though he has a lot of improving to do, especially with open field tackling.

What I really like about him, is he seems to be around the ball a lot.

ParanoidAndroid
02-19-2007, 11:24 AM
He has the skill set, that's for sure. He has all the athletic ability needed to become a very good safety. The question is, what is his learning curve; will he improve each year or will he just not get it? He has a nose for the ball but he needs to work on recognition. He was out of position very often but when he was where he needed to be, his talent showed.

Pinkerton Security
02-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I feel like although he has been caught out of position, and missed tackles, as people have said, I think that he has a nose for the ball and will be a ball-hawking safety someday soon. Him and Whitner are very raw but seemed to do a good enough job for rookie safeties last year, seeing as how our pass defense was pretty effective...usually...

TigerJ
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Ko Simpson is a terrific athlete an a natural playmaker, who was raw as a rookie. This was to be expected as he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. I think he is smart enough to learn the position since the Tampa 2 is pretty straight forward, but it's no surprise to discover that he needs a little time to master it. He'll be much better this coming season, and could be a great free safety a couple years down the road.

NC-BILLS44
02-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I expect his production to improve this coming season. He made some nice plays, but also had some difficulties, which is expected of any rookie. I have high hopes for his future.

Earthquake Enyart
02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Did he have any interceptions?

Buffalogic
02-19-2007, 03:11 PM
That like 90 yard int-return in the end zone during the Green Bay game.

Jan Reimers
02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
2, including one run back for 76 yards.

Billsrock4life
02-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Did pretty good for his first year.......raw but future looks promising

Mahdi
02-19-2007, 06:35 PM
I thought he was lousy.
Our pass defense was 7th overall, he must have done something right. Plus the cover 2 is not an easy system for a safety to learn especially a rookie and he did it pretty quickly.

Luisito23
02-19-2007, 07:54 PM
I love KO!!...He's gonna be a special player for years to come....Look for him to take it his game to another level in year 2.....Great pick Marv...:drunks:...

GO BILLS!!!!!

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
He did get burned a decent number of times in run support in the open field, but we have to remember that many of those came at the hands of LT. LT was putting some nasty moves on him so I don't rellay hold that against him.

Mahdi
02-19-2007, 09:47 PM
He did get burned a decent number of times in run support in the open field, but we have to remember that many of those came at the hands of LT. LT was putting some nasty moves on him so I don't rellay hold that against him.
LT in the openfield..... might as well be catching a chicken.