PDA

View Full Version : The whole bottom line to "Cash to Cap" is...

Earthquake Enyart
02-19-2007, 10:51 AM
We better draft really, really well.

Ultra Chimp 1
02-19-2007, 11:10 AM
The bottom is line is that the Bills are cheap.

Jan Reimers
02-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I think that's how the Pats, Steelers and Colts have won 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls.

Dr. Lecter
02-19-2007, 12:17 PM
The bottom is line is that the Bills are cheap.

Please provide evidence of this often disproven claim.

TacklingDummy
02-19-2007, 01:10 PM

Evans will want big money and he's as good as gone when his contract comes up.

We may need to draft his replacement in the 1st round this year.

X-Era
02-19-2007, 01:22 PM

I think that our bottom lne is that our top line is just below Dan Snyders bottom line.

Im OK with that.

We dont know what it means yet, lets what and see and review.

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Where do you get that from?

There is a much better chance of Evans getting locked up long term.

TacklingDummy
02-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the world of the Arizona Cardinals.

TacklingDummy
02-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Where do you get that from?

There is a much better chance of Evans getting locked up long term.

How so? Evans is going to get big money. My guessimate would be 10-15 million signing bonus and 6-7 million a year in salary (see Clements). This year the Bills have 33 million in cap room. How much room they going to have when Lee's contract is up?

Plus I remember watching ESPN interview Lee during the Bills bye week last year. They asked him what he's going to do with the week off. He said go somewhere where it wasn't cold.

Mark my words, Lee will be history if the Bills have the same owner when his contract is up.

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But I personally doubt it will ever even hit the UFA market.

Typ0
02-19-2007, 02:29 PM
that will be the end result of any of our draft picks that turn out to be stars under the Cash to the Cap so drafting well isn't really going to help it's just going to make it more painfull.

Night Train
02-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I think that's how the Pats, Steelers and Colts have won 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls.

Shhhh...
Just post "Ralph is cheap" and you'll be part of the "in" crowd. :shortbus:

Typ0
02-19-2007, 02:33 PM

it looks to me like those teams pony'd up for top tier coaching...what is the Bills excuse?

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 02:47 PM
it looks to me like those teams pony'd up for top tier coaching...what is the Bills excuse?

The Steelers did?

Typ0
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
The Steelers did?

you think because they didn't hire a high profile coach in the last decade means they didn't pony up? they must have done something to keep Cowher there...and if you are talking about now it's irrelevant since this team has done nothing.

Devin
02-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the world of the Arizona Cardinals.

They have 2 great WR's. We arent them yet.

Mahdi
02-19-2007, 04:11 PM

Maybe they are doing this whole cash to cap thing this year in order to re-sign Losman and Evans when their contracts are up. You can lose Fletcher, Clements and Kelsay and still win. But you cant lose the core of your offense.

TacklingDummy
02-19-2007, 04:15 PM
But you cant lose the core of your offense.

Not just the core of our offense. Evans is our offense.

Mahdi
02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Not just the core of our offense. Evans is our offense.
Exactly. So were gonna have to save money in order to make sure we dont lose those guys. Peters will probably demand a raise eventually as well once he realizes hes one of the best LT in the league.

Jan Reimers
02-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Actually, Dungy was run out of Tampa for being "too soft," and Belichick had been a disaster at Cleveland. So the Colts and Pats both kind of did the same thing we did with Jauron - hired experienced coaches with some baggage. I thus think it's a little premature to judge our choice of Jauron.

The Steelers' last two coaches had no prior NFL head coaching experience, which has also led to severe criticism when the Bills have done the same.

My conclusion? The Bills, no matter what they do, will be criticized by many here.

Typ0
02-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Actually, Dungy was run out of Tampa for being "too soft," and Belichick had been a disaster at Cleveland. So the Colts and Pats both kind of did the same thing we did with Jauron - hired experienced coaches with some baggage. I thus think it's a little premature to judge our choice of Jauron.

The Steelers' last two coaches had no prior NFL head coaching experience, which has also led to severe criticism when the Bills have done the same.

My conclusion? The Bills, no matter what they do, will be criticized by many here.

OK Jan...then we'll wait a few years and see what happens. If DJ wins a SB with the bills then you are right. If he doesn't those other three coaches won SB with their organizations so you are wrong. I hate to reduce this to such a na na na na na arguement but I'm also tired of being labeled as nothing but someone who criticizes the organization because the way I see it we are a joke. I did see the same improvements everyone else did but I also have seen and heard enough of the same old banter from OBD and the only conclusion I can draw is this team is going no where. Improvements are nice and having some good developing players is nice...but you aren't going to win in the NFL with glaring wholes on your team it doesn't matter who the QB and receivers are.

To top it all off...ML came out and basically said he is clueless about everything that's important. I don't know about you...but for a smart fan that's at least reason to have some questions.

Jan Reimers
02-20-2007, 10:06 AM
OK Jan...then we'll wait a few years and see what happens. If DJ wins a SB with the bills then you are right. If he doesn't those other three coaches won SB with their organizations so you are wrong. I hate to reduce this to such a na na na na na arguement but I'm also tired of being labeled as nothing but someone who criticizes the organization because the way I see it we are a joke. I did see the same improvements everyone else did but I also have seen and heard enough of the same old banter from OBD and the only conclusion I can draw is this team is going no where. Improvements are nice and having some good developing players is nice...but you aren't going to win in the NFL with glaring wholes on your team it doesn't matter who the QB and receivers are.

To top it all off...ML came out and basically said he is clueless about everything that's important. I don't know about you...but for a smart fan that's at least reason to have some questions.
Good post, TypO. We DO need to give Marv and Dick a little time to right a ship that was really listing badly under TD and his idiot coaches.

As far as Marv, his only real job is to bring in the best talent available within Ralph's budget constraints. He does not have to be our capologist, or our marketing guru, or to be familiar with every player's moronic quotes. Marv is a consensus builder, not a micro-manager.

But I'm glad we can disagree, as Marv would say, without being disagreeable.:respect:

socalfan
02-20-2007, 04:18 PM

As far as Marv, his only real job is to bring in the best talent available within Ralph's budget constraints. He does not have to be our capologist, or our marketing guru, or to be familiar with every player's moronic quotes. Marv is a consensus builder, not a micro-manager.
:respect:

I think your expectations of Levy are a little low. However, I do believe it wise of Marv to ignore anything Willis has to say.

Typ0
02-20-2007, 09:17 PM

I must have been wrong all these years...thanks for setting me straight. All this time I thought senior managements responsibility was to have a vision and a plan on how to meet up with that vision...and then the ability to delegate the responsibility to make it happen. I had no idea that being clueless was a function of senior management. I guess corporate america is in a much better state than I thought.