PDA

View Full Version : Here's a new rumor....Sabres interested in Fedotenko

Michael82
02-19-2007, 02:08 PM
The Sabres are VERY interested in Ruslan Fedotenko, and I expect that we could see something there in the next 24-72 hours.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5613

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/38/fullj.getty-71799073jm002_tampa_bay_lig_4_34_33_pm.jpg
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2158

camelcowboy
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
They have us looking at Smyth as well, I don't think it would happen but i'd cream myself if they got him.

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 02:14 PM
There are so many rumors right now I'm having trouble keeping track of which ones are legit.

Michael82
02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
They have us looking at Smyth as well, I don't think it would happen but i'd cream myself if they got him.
Acquiring Smyth would be an awesome move. :drool:

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah but it also says it probably isn't likely because he wants to stay in Canada.

camelcowboy
02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah but it also says it probably isn't likely because he wants to stay in Canada.

He wants to sign in cananda, he could be a sabres rental.

Philagape
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Close enough!

mchurchfie
02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Smyth would put us over the top and add some MUCH NEEDED physical play and work ethic to the Sabres.

RockStar36
02-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Who would they give up for a short term rental?

camelcowboy
02-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Who would they give up for a short term rental?

For Smyth i'd be open to giving up alot, He's a rock, I value him as much as the preds value forsberg

SabreEleven
02-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Brett Hull said yesterday on the NBC telecast that we should get Mathais Norstrum from the Kings. That would be a decent pick-up.

Oh, plus, NBC used the goat head when he was talking about the pick-up :rolleyes: anybody else see that?

THATHURMANATOR
02-19-2007, 02:47 PM
NO THANK YOU ON FEDATENKO.

No way we get Smyth IMO but if we did I would shoot a load in my pants!

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-19-2007, 03:06 PM
The hockey news has a couple other players possibly headed here:

Bill Guerin
Right wing, Blues
Probable destination: Buffalo

There should be a lot of interest in Guerin, with teams like the Detroit Red Wings, Toronto Maple Leafs and Calgary Flames among the most prominent. However, Buffalo could become a major player for Guerin in light of Maxim Afinogenov's recent wrist injury. Guerin is a hot commodity.

Aaron Miller
Defense, Kings
Probable destination: Buffalo

Several teams could use Miller's stay-at-home defensive ability and solid leadership skills, but the best fit might be his hometown Sabres. Miller could be the ideal replacement for Jay McKee, who left via unrestricted free agency last summer. Pittsburgh and Toronto also has interest.

http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey/_5ox5rgyaeu8p/extras.cgi?trade-deadline-on-the-block-2007

THATHURMANATOR
02-19-2007, 03:46 PM
If we could fit a Guerin/Smyth type player under the cap Reiger needs to make it happen. I realize the makeup of this organization is to build from within but with Drury and Briere being UFAs and it looks very possible we lose at least one of them our window is closing already. NOW IS THE TIME.

clumping platelets
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
:dizzy:

Ebenezer
02-19-2007, 04:29 PM
If we could fit a Guerin/Smyth type player under the cap Reiger needs to make it happen. I realize the makeup of this organization is to build from within but with Drury and Briere being UFAs and it looks very possible we lose at least one of them our window is closing already. NOW IS THE TIME.
after Shane Doan's contract?? I'm betting both are not here next year.

clumping platelets
02-19-2007, 04:41 PM
after Shane Doan's contract?? I'm betting both are not here next year.

:huh:

camelcowboy
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Hockey buzz says Biron is close to moving to florida

Ebenezer
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
According to the Buff News the other day Doan and Phoenix agreed on a 5 year extention worth between $22 million and $25 million...if he is getting $4-5 mil a year can you imagine how much Drury and Briere will be worth...they both could get $6 or $7 mil next year...could the Sabres pay that?? We'd have to expect some sort of huge hometown discount.

Philagape
02-19-2007, 05:12 PM
NO THANK YOU ON FEDATENKO.

And that comes from your extensive scouting reports and video of him?

camelcowboy
02-19-2007, 05:22 PM
And that comes from your extensive scouting reports and video of him?

He's just looking at his season numbers, this guys is one of those clutch playoff guys. He has a cup with tampa, scored some big goals. I wouldn't be against it.

SabreEleven
02-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Hockey buzz says Biron is close to moving to florida

Than that means he isn't going to Florida

RockStar36
02-20-2007, 07:53 AM
He's just looking at his season numbers, this guys is one of those clutch playoff guys. He has a cup with tampa, scored some big goals. I wouldn't be against it.

I'd be happy adding a veteran guy with cup experience or maybe even a few guys like that. The added grit/experience/leadership is very valuable, even if it doesn't show on the scoresheet.

THATHURMANATOR
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah seriously. How could they not keep one of them at least?

Michael82
02-20-2007, 10:12 AM
According to the Buff News the other day Doan and Phoenix agreed on a 5 year extention worth between $22 million and $25 million...if he is getting $4-5 mil a year can you imagine how much Drury and Briere will be worth...they both could get $6 or $7 mil next year...could the Sabres pay that?? We'd have to expect some sort of huge hometown discount.
Briere is already getting $5 million for this season. I think he will be locked up for about $6 million a year and he's worth every penny. :up:

Drury is gone. I really dont think he wants to be here. :(

Michael82
02-20-2007, 10:12 AM
And he's kinda young. :up:

THATHURMANATOR
02-20-2007, 10:16 AM
In all honesty I think They would rather keep Drury.

Ebenezer
02-20-2007, 10:20 AM
In all honesty I think They would rather keep Drury.
Briere might be the face people see and there are lots of players who the fans talk about but take a look at the stats and tell me who is leading this team in goals.

The locker room is Drury's. This team will sink like a stone without him. They better win it all this year because I don't think either will be here next year (that is why they are so desparate to get Connolly back) and the way the NHL is slowly changing I don't think they are going to get a second chance....hence, my concern over the injuries.

RockStar36
02-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Drury is the leader of this team. He should be the captain all the time, not this stupid alternating crap.

Ebenezer
02-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Drury is the leader of this team. He should be the captain all the time, not this stupid alternating crap.
I agree but it is a great move by Lindy to help balance the egos.

ddaryl
02-20-2007, 10:35 AM
He wants to sign in cananda, he could be a sabres rental.

The fact remains that the Sabres are the closest thing to Canada without actually being Canada.

Add in the fact that the Sabres are the favorite to win it all, which makes us very attractive to any FA.

Hopefully the Sabres will do something to "put us over the top" cause I sick and tired of being a brides maid at all these dances.

Philagape
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
The locker room is Drury's.

How do you or anyone here know what goes on in the locker room?

Philagape
02-20-2007, 10:56 AM

The team feels otherwise but I guess you know better.

Ebenezer
02-20-2007, 11:01 AM
we might make some simple assumptionswhen:

Briere gets on the radio and lauds Drury at every chance

Local radio personalities who have access to the room say that it is his locker room

Local newspaper writers who have access to the room say that it is his locker room

just a hunch.

Michael82
02-20-2007, 11:24 AM

Local radio personalities who have access to the room say that it is his locker room

Local newspaper writers who have access to the room say that it is his locker room

just a hunch.
And this is why Drury is as good as gone. He wants the respect that Briere gets. I'll miss him, but I just hope they lock up Briere if they don't/can't lock up Drury. It would REALLY SUCK to lose them both. :mad:

Dr. Lecter
02-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I reallly, realy hope they lock up Drury.

He is this team's MVP and best player by s siginificant margin.

Ebenezer
02-20-2007, 11:28 AM
And this is why Drury is as good as gone. He wants the respect that Briere gets. I'll miss him, but I just hope they lock up Briere if they don't/can't lock up Drury. It would REALLY SUCK to lose them both. :mad:
Misinterpretation Mikey. He is not asking for the respect. He is too quiet and unassuming for that.

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Drury is gone. I really dont think he wants to be here. :(

It would be a shame he just bought a house here.

Philagape
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM

just a hunch.

I said KNOW. Not read secondhand reports of what outsiders with limited access say.

Ebenezer
02-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I said KNOW. Not read secondhand reports of what outsiders with limited access say.
:rolleyes:

I know the moon has 1/6th the gravity of Earth, yet I have never been there.

I know there was a man named Jesus Christ who did good things, yet I never met him.

Philagape
02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Briere first. He's the best player we've had since Lafontaine. 129 points in 107 games since the lockout. And he has the intangibles, and the leadership, as evidenced by the C, which is all any of us KNOW about it.

Briere first.

Philagape
02-20-2007, 12:16 PM
:rolleyes:

I know the moon has 1/6th the gravity of Earth, yet I have never been there.

I know there was a man named Jesus Christ who did good things, yet I never met him.

Yeah those are accurate analogies.

Dr. Lecter
02-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Briere first. He's the best player we've had since Lafontaine. 129 points in 107 games since the lockout. And he has the intangibles, and the leadership, as evidenced by the C, which is all any of us KNOW about it.

Briere first.

Drury is better than Briere.

He is better on the PK, better on face-offs and has more goals.

Ebenezer
02-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Drury is better than Briere.

He is better on the PK, better on face-offs and has more goals.
second in the league in PP goals on a team that hasn't been able to get out of it's own way on the PP...

won't matter - neither could be here next year...arguing about it is fruitless.

Philagape
02-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Briere is better with the puck, has way more points (meaning responsible for more goals), better in even strength, younger, faster, more creative. What the team thinks of him is evident in that leads all forwards in ice time and shares the C when one would assume Drury would be the captain. He is the franchise player.

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Lets argue whose better Drury, or Briere, lol who cares? losing either is going to suck. Since you guys like analogies. Briere is your left nut, Drury is your right. You will survive without 1, life would suck without 2, but either way just losing one is enought to make you feel like less of a man.

Ebenezer
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Lets argue whose better Drury, or Briere, lol who cares? losing either is going to suck. Since you guys like analogies. Briere is your left nut, Drury is your right. You will survive without 1, life would suck without 2, but either way just losing one is enought to make you feel like less of a man.
ok...uncle. :chuckle:

RockStar36
02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
I'd hate to lose either one. I just personally feel that if the Sabres can only sign one player, it should be Drury. But arguing over it is useless. Nobody will change my opinion and I won't change anyone else's opinion. But something that doesn't show on the stat sheet might be overall leadership. Drury has raised a cup and knows what it takes to win another one.