PDA

View Full Version : For those who want Eric Steinbach

Kerr
02-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Many have talked about how big Marv is on character and how off the field incidents would scare Marv away from any player. If you recall, Steinbach was busted for boating under the influence. It may not sound like a big deal to some, but if Marv is as picky and he sounds, he defenitely won't consider Steinbach for his off the field incident. Some food for thought.

That narrows it down to deilman and dockery...

Luisito23
02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
That's nothing....

GO BILLS!!!!!

YardRat
02-19-2007, 06:50 PM
'Boating under the influence' isn't going to scare Marv away nearly as much as the signing bonus he's going to command.

ZacGriffi~82
02-19-2007, 07:16 PM
is there any other kind of boating?

Nighthawk
02-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Kind of reaching for something to post about...aren't you?

Luisito23
02-19-2007, 07:48 PM

LOL.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

SABURZFAN
02-19-2007, 07:52 PM

:idunno:

:smoke:

camelcowboy
02-19-2007, 07:57 PM
I heard he had a speeding ticket once "no source" He's a real bad apple. Not to minimize drinking while boating, but come on.

dolphan117
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Doesn't sound like much but it can be a big deal. In a lake near where I live a guy killed a couple people last summer because he was drunk and flying around in a cigarette boat. Dude hit another boat and pretty much cut it in half. Would have been comical if it hadn't killed a couple people.

Kerr
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Steinbach's boating incident was true. I'm not making a big deal about it. I'm pointing out that Marv may see it in a bad way. I didnt' realize there was a post police here. :rolleyes:

Night Train
02-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Under Coach Marv, I saw Bruce Smith,Talley & Bennett all get DUI's.

I don't recall any of them getting cut within days.

jamze132
02-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Everyone I know refuses to go out on a boat all day without any beer.

RockStar36
02-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Steinbach may have just been trying to fit in with his teammates by boating under the influence.

patmoran2006
02-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Id love to have Steinbach obviously, but I dont even think about him, because other teams are going to bid for him and we wont compete with that.

Dockery is the most realistic of the three to have a shot with.

eyedog
02-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Don't worry about any free agents. Ralph isn't paying a big bonus so anyone any good you can scratch off the list.

Talk0fNewYork
02-20-2007, 08:10 AM
If marv was that strict willis would be long gone.

Jan Reimers
02-20-2007, 08:34 AM
I would never set foot on a boat without a case of beer. If fishing is involved, two cases.

bigbub2352
02-20-2007, 08:51 AM
come on every player after a game especially a win can get a DWI after the game it is up to the cop wether he wants the press or not, I dont think this will be an issue for them, he was in the league long enough with no problems, Here is to signing this guy and solidifying our left side for the next 5 years

HHURRICANE
02-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Steinbach isn't coming to Buffalo anyway. I think he's a better fit in miami with Culpepper. They can go boating together.

gr8slayer
02-20-2007, 10:06 AM
I just have a feeling he is going to demand way too much cash.

patmoran2006
02-20-2007, 10:39 AM
anyone who demands cash will become too much cash for this f'n team and its "entirely out of tune with football" owner... In five years this team will be just like the movie "major league". Ralph is becoming that chick owner.

Lou Brown will be the head coach. Willie Mays Hayes will be our starting RB, Ricky Vaughn will take over for Crowell when his contract expires, and Dorn Taylor will replace Evans when his contract is up.

Kerr
02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
If marv was that strict willis would be long gone.
But Willis is already here. Willis' off field problems could be a factor in not giving him an extension.

Kerr
02-20-2007, 09:53 PM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10007822/2
Eric Steinbach, (http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396092) G, Cincinnati Bengals
It's not often that a player of this caliber hits the market. But the Bengals have already put the franchise tag on defensive end Justin Smith, which means Steinbach will be unrestricted free agent.
He turns 27 in April, but he has already had 62 career starts. That's a lot of experience for a player of his age.
Steinbach is a good in pass protection, and since he has improved his strength, he has improved as a run blocker.
He is one of the Bengals who was arrested in the past year, being tagged for boating under the influence, which could scare off some teams.

Kerr
02-20-2007, 09:55 PM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10007822/2
Eric Steinbach, (http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396092) G, Cincinnati Bengals
It's not often that a player of this caliber hits the market. But the Bengals have already put the franchise tag on defensive end Justin Smith, which means Steinbach will be unrestricted free agent.
He turns 27 in April, but he has already had 62 career starts. That's a lot of experience for a player of his age.
Steinbach is a good in pass protection, and since he has improved his strength, he has improved as a run blocker.
He is one of the Bengals who was arrested in the past year, being tagged for boating under the influence, which could scare off some teams.

Like I said, it may not be a big deal to some of you, but it may be a big deal to some other teams, bills included.

Dr. Lecter
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
anyone who demands cash will become too much cash for this f'n team and its "entirely out of tune with football" owner... In five years this team will be just like the movie "major league". Ralph is becoming that chick owner.

Lou Brown will be the head coach. Willie Mays Hayes will be our starting RB, Ricky Vaughn will take over for Crowell when his contract expires, and Dorn Taylor will replace Evans when his contract is up.

As I recall, that team won the championship.

YardRat
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Just say 'NO' to Steinbach.

oak tree 12
02-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Many have talked about how big Marv is on character and how off the field incidents would scare Marv away from any player. If you recall, Steinbach was busted for boating under the influence. It may not sound like a big deal to some, but if Marv is as picky and he sounds, he defenitely won't consider Steinbach for his off the field incident. Some food for thought.

That narrows it down to deilman and dockery...

getting a little petty,during our glory years half the bills were heavy hitters,kelly,thurman etc.
the real problem with steinbach is if he does not reup with cinn he has stated that he wants to go home to chicago,and they can use a guard.