X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Sabres revisiting the thought of trading Biron

"We were leaning toward keeping Marty, but things have changed," Regier said. "What it means is, given the injuries and where we are now, you're always revisiting things as the season progresses. "I don't think that anything has changed substantially, but it is something we will revisit and talk about and get more insight as to what the marketplace looks like at the GM meetings."
    For a man that can talk alot and really say nothing, This is big.

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sabres revisiting the thought of trading Biron

I would love to see Boston make a move for Biron.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
      I would love to see Boston make a move for Biron.
      I'd like to see Murray as a sabre, but that won't happen

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

seriously, it would be great to go into the playoffs with Biron backing up Miller so we don't have to worry about an injury, but at the moment it seems like a luxury the Sabres can't afford. There are too many other injuries.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

I'd rather pick up a valuable role player like Adams than give up Biron for bigger names.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
            I'd rather pick up a valuable role player like Adams than give up Biron for bigger names.
            Right now you have to Biron as flood insurance, Its nice to have, but we could be putting that 75 dollars a month towards a heating bill or something. Bottom line we need his cap space for reinforcements.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

We'll get several reinforcements around playoff time when our injured players come back. This team already has the front-end talent, what it needs is gritty, underrated role players with Cup experience who can be had without pulling the net out from under us. Like Adams.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                We'll get several reinforcements around playoff time when our injured players come back. This team already has the front-end talent, what it needs is gritty, underrated role players with Cup experience who can be had without pulling the net out from under us. Like Adams.
                I like adams and i hope it gets done, but come on, Trade Marty get some picks and prospects then throw them at St. Louis to get Guerin, or Brewer. Take a 3rd or 4th and throw it at chicago for Boucher. Then at playoff time when everyone comes back, you'll be stacked to make your run at the cup.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Remember Marty's a UFA this summer. Why would a team give up anything significant for him?

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                    I like adams and i hope it gets done, but come on, Trade Marty get some picks and prospects then throw them at St. Louis to get Guerin, or Brewer. Take a 3rd or 4th and throw it at chicago for Boucher. Then at playoff time when everyone comes back, you'll be stacked to make your run at the cup.
                    No cap space for those moves.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      No cap space for those moves.
                      dump Dmitri, he's not really needed, Beside paetch is playing like the best defense man on the team right now. Darcy is dropping the ball with this injury situation. Max should be on the long term ir,

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

I'd like to see Murray as a sabre, but that won't happen
                        Murray is gone soon. I can't stand the guy.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

Right now you have to Biron as flood insurance, Its nice to have, but we could be putting that 75 dollars a month towards a heating bill or something. Bottom line we need his cap space for reinforcements.
                          Isn't the flood already here? When is that insurance going to pay out?

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                            Isn't the flood already here? When is that insurance going to pay out?
                            Flood would be losing miller, Right now half our house has been knocked down by a natural disaster that is not a flood

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

dump Dmitri, he's not really needed, Beside paetch is playing like the best defense man on the team right now. Darcy is dropping the ball with this injury situation. Max should be on the long term ir,
                              So we dump a crappy player and get a good plyer in return? And yes, he is needed since Funk and Card are the next two options.

And Max CAN't go on longterm IR, since he could return before the playoffs.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X