PDA

View Full Version : Sabres revisiting the thought of trading Biron

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070219/1066742.asp

"We were leaning toward keeping Marty, but things have changed," Regier said. "What it means is, given the injuries and where we are now, you're always revisiting things as the season progresses. "I don't think that anything has changed substantially, but it is something we will revisit and talk about and get more insight as to what the marketplace looks like at the GM meetings."

For a man that can talk alot and really say nothing, This is big.

The King
02-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I would love to see Boston make a move for Biron.

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I would love to see Boston make a move for Biron.

I'd like to see Murray as a sabre, but that won't happen

OpIv37
02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
seriously, it would be great to go into the playoffs with Biron backing up Miller so we don't have to worry about an injury, but at the moment it seems like a luxury the Sabres can't afford. There are too many other injuries.

Philagape
02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd rather pick up a valuable role player like Adams than give up Biron for bigger names.

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I'd rather pick up a valuable role player like Adams than give up Biron for bigger names.

Right now you have to Biron as flood insurance, Its nice to have, but we could be putting that 75 dollars a month towards a heating bill or something. Bottom line we need his cap space for reinforcements.

Philagape
02-20-2007, 12:51 PM
We'll get several reinforcements around playoff time when our injured players come back. This team already has the front-end talent, what it needs is gritty, underrated role players with Cup experience who can be had without pulling the net out from under us. Like Adams.

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 12:53 PM
We'll get several reinforcements around playoff time when our injured players come back. This team already has the front-end talent, what it needs is gritty, underrated role players with Cup experience who can be had without pulling the net out from under us. Like Adams.

I like adams and i hope it gets done, but come on, Trade Marty get some picks and prospects then throw them at St. Louis to get Guerin, or Brewer. Take a 3rd or 4th and throw it at chicago for Boucher. Then at playoff time when everyone comes back, you'll be stacked to make your run at the cup.

Philagape
02-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Remember Marty's a UFA this summer. Why would a team give up anything significant for him?

Dr. Lecter
02-20-2007, 12:57 PM
I like adams and i hope it gets done, but come on, Trade Marty get some picks and prospects then throw them at St. Louis to get Guerin, or Brewer. Take a 3rd or 4th and throw it at chicago for Boucher. Then at playoff time when everyone comes back, you'll be stacked to make your run at the cup.

No cap space for those moves.

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 01:48 PM
No cap space for those moves. dump Dmitri, he's not really needed, Beside paetch is playing like the best defense man on the team right now. Darcy is dropping the ball with this injury situation. Max should be on the long term ir,

The King
02-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I'd like to see Murray as a sabre, but that won't happen

Murray is gone soon. I can't stand the guy.

SabreEleven
02-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Right now you have to Biron as flood insurance, Its nice to have, but we could be putting that 75 dollars a month towards a heating bill or something. Bottom line we need his cap space for reinforcements.

Isn't the flood already here? When is that insurance going to pay out?

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Isn't the flood already here? When is that insurance going to pay out?

Flood would be losing miller, Right now half our house has been knocked down by a natural disaster that is not a flood

Dr. Lecter
02-20-2007, 02:21 PM
dump Dmitri, he's not really needed, Beside paetch is playing like the best defense man on the team right now. Darcy is dropping the ball with this injury situation. Max should be on the long term ir,

So we dump a crappy player and get a good plyer in return? And yes, he is needed since Funk and Card are the next two options.

And Max CAN't go on longterm IR, since he could return before the playoffs.

camelcowboy
02-20-2007, 02:33 PM
So we dump a crappy player and get a good plyer in return? And yes, he is needed since Funk and Card are the next two options.

And Max CAN't go on longterm IR, since he could return before the playoffs.

I never said we would have to get a good player in return, A cheaper NHL ready defensemen. Maybe a Shawn hill and a pick. Edmonton got a prospect for Bergeron who is in the same class as Kalinin underachieving puck moving defensemen. Point is the cap is a salary limit a Gm may have to be creative but it shouldn't stop the sabres in bettering the team. Max is gone 6-8 weeks say he stays out 8 weeks which is very possible with his injury. He would be back April 4, 4 days before the season ends. With conditioning we could easily stretch it beyond the season.