PDA

View Full Version : Now What?

WG
03-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Price is gone, we have over $12M in cap space.

Will Spikes sign w/ us?

Adams?

What else do we need?

OL: Depth
WR: #3/4
S: Will Driver step up?

DT: Adams?
WLB: Spikes?

Herdwatcher
03-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Price is gone, we have over $12M in cap space.

Will Spikes sign w/ us?

Adams?

What else do we need?

OL: Depth
WR: #3/4
S: Will Driver step up?

DT: Adams?
WLB: Spikes?

What is the newest word on Hollis?
Spikes will sign.
Adams coupled with P. Williams.. Nice.
Start looking for quality depth at all positions.
Give T.D a fat bonus!!

Tatonka
03-07-2003, 02:38 PM
see wys.. i know your thing is to be critical.. but sometimes (be it that you only want to see the bills win, so i can stomach it most of the time) you sound negative on top of critical...

you were not optimistic at all when we tagged price.. you were sure we wouldnt get anything.. and we would also miss out on fixing the D because of price.

like i said, i know you are critical only because you want the best, and alot of your posts are very well thought out.. i am not saying you should change the way you approach things.. but in this case you just had to trust that TD knew what he was doing..

you accused TD of not doing what he said, which was fix the D.. but it turns out that the deal has been in the work since 2 days before FA started, and this was the plan all along.. have faith in TD.. he is getting the job done..

shortly we will be signing the best FA in all of the land (spikes) and make the remaining additions that we need to get us to the big dance..

will all the cap space we have now, we should be set.. and on top of all that, we have a 1st rounder.. :woot:

Draft day will be exciting again!

couldnt be happier that things worked out this way, and i hope TD has shown you that he is a man of his word and he will get the job done!

:pimp:

LtBillsFan66
03-07-2003, 02:40 PM
What next?

My favorite TD quote:

"Stay tuned."

LtBillsFan66
03-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Wys negative? That's an understatement. Chronically disgruntled is more fitting.

WG
03-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Indeed T!!!

I am still a tad bit incredulous that Atlanta actually gave up a first for Price. I'm not gonna dwell on this by any stretch, but I gotta tell ya, IMO there's a 50/50, or greater, chance that many Falcon fans are gonna be PO'd by midseason. We'll see though. Not our issue anymore.

VERY good for TD! A nice, very nice bit of negotiating!!!!!!

As I said as well, we had to get this done this week and I'm impressed that he did.

ct bills fan
03-07-2003, 02:46 PM
I know it isn't "sexy" like signing Spikes and Adams but I would say a priorty is extending Winfield's contract. He's our main UFA next year, if we don't.

LtBillsFan66
03-07-2003, 02:48 PM
It must be easy to go against the grain all the time. When you look like a genius one in a hundred times. The other 99 times, you can just simply say, "well done."

Agreed CT! ME MUST RE-SIGN WINFIELD! Or else there will we a Peerless Part II next offseason.
Can you tell I'm a big fan of the guy? :D

kgun12
03-07-2003, 02:55 PM
This is if we do in fact get Spikes and Adams. I go after one or both of these guys. 1st Curtis Conway WR from S.D. 2. I would make a bid for Stacy Mack RB from Jacksonville. C. Conway is self explainitory and S. Mack would be a GREAT short yardage pick up for us. Cut Robinson use that money for either Hollis or same calibar kicker Than wait for June 1st see what our draft looked like, than fill in the holes.

justasportsfan
03-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Now What?

You can start by paying Mike his 1000 zb's :D

Bulldog
03-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Derrius Thompson thanks!

Tatonka
03-07-2003, 03:05 PM
i broke the price trade last night at about 7pm.. so i will take any left over donations.. a couple of you are off the hook, as your donations have been received :lol:

Doc
03-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Spikes will sign the offer sheet given to him today, the Bungles will decline to match it (hopefully they'll let the Bills know well before a week is up, but doubtful), and Adams will probably sign with the Bills tomorrow. LeBeau is reportedly coming on board. That mostly takes care of the defensive improvements, although a better FS would be nice (but whom?!). Hopefully the next moves are upgrading/filling the #3 WR spot with a speedster like Mar Tay Jenkins, who can also return kicks (unless there's something about him I'm missing), and finding a kicker.