PDA

View Full Version : KC Joyner of Insider Not Sold on Clements.

gr8slayer
02-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Even if the Browns were to decide to pursue Clements, they should not break the bank for him. His performance the past four years has been quite inconsistent.

Clements posted dominant yards per attempt (YPA) numbers in 2004 (5.7) and 2006 (6.1). Conversely, his numbers were decidedly mediocre in 2003 (7.3) and 2005 (8.8). His 2003 season was actually even worse than the numbers would indicate, as he benefited from a lot of dropped and inaccurate passes.

He simply has not displayed the type of consistency that would be expected from one of the biggest names in the free-agent market this year.

patmoran2006
02-20-2007, 03:56 PM
He'll still get paid massively.

I'm really thinking if NO could make it work, he'd be a great fit there... But knowing Nate, if the team is good won't matter.. It will come down to who gives him $1 more.. He'd play in SF before New Orleans for a dollar more.

HHURRICANE
02-20-2007, 04:26 PM
The part that gets me pissed is that are so many other players that are more deserving. He's going to get 18-20 million upfront and probably 5-7 a year. That's just insane and I don't even think he's a "good guy".

But somebody is going to write a check for him. GUARANTEED!!

casdhf
02-20-2007, 06:23 PM
He may not be the visible "good guy," but he's been a good player, not a distraction, on the field or off, and he's been very durable ... I don't see why he shouldnt get paid, I just hope he gets less than he hoped for ... and it's from us.

Jeff1220
02-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Honestly, SF wouldn't be a bad choice at all for him. That team is on the rise and has the income and cap space to sign a guy like Nate, who would def. help improve their D and get to the next level.

I'm really thinking if NO could make it work, he'd be a great fit there... But knowing Nate, if the team is good won't matter.. It will come down to who gives him $1 more.. He'd play in SF before New Orleans for a dollar more.

vinceanity
02-20-2007, 08:10 PM

I'm really thinking if NO could make it work, he'd be a great fit there... But knowing Nate, if the team is good won't matter.. It will come down to who gives him $1 more.. He'd play in SF before New Orleans for a dollar more.I think TN is going to throw some serious dough his way........at least 20 mil in a SB............and todays news about Pacman only strengthens that feeling...........they have 36 mil to spend and Nate knows what VY is going to do going in the future. He saw it live.

!Papacrunk!
02-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Clements NEEDS Jay Fiedler. They had a very dynamic relationship, lol.

jamze132
02-21-2007, 07:31 AM
I think Clements will have better success if he stays in Buffalo. OBD said that they would offer a "competitive" deal, let's hope it's good enough. I think they also asked his agent to keep them in the loop regarding negotiations with other teams.

SaintRochester
02-21-2007, 01:56 PM

clements would be great paired next to mckenzie who also happens to excel in man to man coverage making it possible for the saints to do something they werent able to do last year....blitz. bullocks also happens to be one of the fastest SS in the league. by signing clements the saints would address multiple needs including picking up one of the best run defending corners in the league