PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Holcomb

jamze132
02-21-2007, 07:22 AM
I think we should go ahead and cut him and let Nall battle it out with whoever else we bring in for the backup slot. I think he cap number, though it isn't really a big deal is close to $2 mil, if not a little more. I know we don't need the cap space but why pay a guy that much to ride the pine. I know we are paying Nall alot to be a backup as well but it's obvious he has more upside then Holcomb. If JP goes down, I think I would rather have Nall go in there instead of Holcomb. Just my opinion though.

Thoughts?

BillsNick
02-21-2007, 07:28 AM
I agree. I think we should bring in the guy we had last year for the number 3 spot. I forget his name, #2.

JoeMama
02-21-2007, 07:33 AM
I'd prefer to keep Kelly Holcomb around.

I like him as an insurance policy.

You always need a contigency plan on the backburner just in case things don't go as expected.

I don't expect Losman to get hurt or regress, but it's wise to have an experienced veteran on the sideline just in case.

Plus, it'll costly slightly more to cut Holcomb than to retain him.

$2.9 if he stays. $3.3 if he goes.

jamze132
02-21-2007, 07:53 AM
I'd prefer to keep Kelly Holcomb around.

I like him as an insurance policy.

You always need a contigency plan on the backburner just in case things don't go as expected.

I don't expect Losman to get hurt or regress, but it's wise to have an experienced veteran on the sideline just in case.

Plus, it'll costly slightly more to cut Holcomb than to retain him.

$2.9 if he stays. $3.3 if he goes.
I didn't know it would cost that much to cut him. But if it is that expensive to cut him, we might as well keep him and let him and Nall battle it out for the #2. If an injury that would take some time to heal happened to JP, Dick would probabluy bring in Kelly, but I would rather see Nall. We know what we would get with Kelly. He would play real good after he replaced JP during the game but when he has practice all week, he seems to look like a clown on Sunday.

madness
02-21-2007, 08:30 AM
He's still here?

Night Train
02-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Moulds isn't here to catch his 3 yard slants anymore.

He's useless to Fairchilds Offense. Ask our best player, Evans, how much he likes Holcomb.

He should be cut, PERIOD ! ( Man, I'm digging this Cap thing ! )

bigbub2352
02-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Eventhough i feel having this kind of experience behind a young starter is valuable, i think u ca ndo a hell of alot better for the money we are payin kelly, Craig Nall is also making to much to be a number 3, so I agree u cut Kelly, let Craig be 2 and either draft a young number 3, or u go out and get a cheap experienced veteran FA to be your 3, someone who is familiar and can play in Fairchild's offense

patmoran2006
02-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Holcomb's gone

RockStar36
02-21-2007, 09:13 AM
I hope he gets cut. Good riddance!

Where have the Holcomb backers gone?

TacklingDummy
02-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Holcomb, Nall both suck as does the Bills starter. I could careless if they cut all 3.

RockStar36
02-21-2007, 09:18 AM
I figure Losman will be the QB for about the next 5-7 years at least so we just need to get a decent backup at this point.

Jan Reimers
02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Holcomb is relatively expensive, and has absolutely no upside. I'd rather see Nall as our number 2 and a young project - with at least a decent arm - at 3.

patmoran2006
02-21-2007, 11:34 AM
We gave Nall $1.3 million to just sign his name on the dotted line next season.. Either he's the #2 next season, or Marv made yet another ******ed FA move last year

HHURRICANE
02-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Moulds isn't here to catch his 3 yard slants anymore.

He's useless to Fairchilds Offense. Ask our best player, Evans, how much he likes Holcomb.

He should be cut, PERIOD ! ( Man, I'm digging this Cap thing ! )

Great post.

Guys would be wide open downfield and he'd toss a 5 yarder. His arm is gone. A backup comes in to help keep thing s a float while your starter recovers. Since the Bills, and Evans, rely on a deep ball that Holcomb can't throw, I'm not sure that things aren't worse with him on the roster.

Kerr
02-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah, nall sucks.

Elminster
02-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Why? Nall didn't exactly impress anyone last preseason...and he was playing the camp bodies. Draft a QB late, and have the three of them fight it out. If Holcomb can't make #2, he's gone. Otherwise, we keep 'em because he's the best we have...

jamze132
02-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Why? Nall didn't exactly impress anyone last preseason...and he was playing the camp bodies. Draft a QB late, and have the three of them fight it out. If Holcomb can't make #2, he's gone. Otherwise, we keep 'em because he's the best we have...
But Holcomb isn't the best. It's arguable that he is better than Nall seeing how Nall hasn't exactly had a chance yet. Kelly has had more than his fair chances to prove to the NFL that he can play.

Talk0fNewYork
02-22-2007, 06:35 AM
Holcomb is GONE!