• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Fletcher wants to stay?

Wednesday February 21, 2007

Fletcher Wants To Stay: London Fletcher was on Sirius NFL radio yesterday and expresses his desire to stay in Buffalo. He said the team is really on the right track with some solid young players and they are heading in the right direction. Fletcher said his agent Drew Rosenhaus and the Bills will have some discussion during the combine and try to get something done before the start of free agency. This contradicts a bit the statements made by Marv Levy who said last week that the team needs more aggressive linebackers, not the kind that makes tackles behind the play. Fletcher said after the season ended that he will make this decision based on his family as it is his last big contract.

Was Marv saying we need attacking LB's just trying to drive down Fletchers price?

Kinda sounds that way now, especially if they're gonna talk at the combine starting today.

What are acceptable #'s for his contract, and do we even want him back now?

BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Fletcher wants to stay?

I wouldn't want to break the bank for Fletch, but for a fair price I would like to have him back, if nothing else just to be a veteran leader.

Comment

• BillsNick
      • Jul 2003

I love Fletcher. Having said that, I do agree we need an attacking middle linebacker. If we keep Fletch, that will set the stage for a LB on day one of the draft.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I think we need a younger guy who's more of a playmaker.

That being said, we could also do a lot worse than Fletch.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Id like to keep Fletch if possible because at WORST he's certainly better than any rookie LB we'd draft or bargain-basement FA we'd sign.
          Fletcher is a very underated player, and he's a warrior. and most importantly, put better DT's who can actually tie a blocker up in front of him and I'd bet he'd have more tackles behind the line and things like that.
          He's not the best MLB in the league, but he's very good and certainly better than anybody who would take his spot, at least for 2007.. You have to have some sort of vet leadership on defense.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I think a 7MILL 3 year deal would be a good buy for Fletch.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

I suppose if the price is right and he wants to stay, it couldn't hurt. I was under the impression that he wanted out after the season was over.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

We are terrible against the run,blocking and other team areas....yet there are many posters who wish to bring back Fletch, Gandy, Kelsay etc. and basically stay in park.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• clumping platelets

I bet his agent's "feelers" came back with numbers much lower than he expected. This puts him back into the Bills' price range.........

Personally........it's time to move on. I saw more impact plays made by Ellison than I did from Fletcher

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                    We are terrible against the run,blocking and other team areas....yet there are many posters who wish to bring back Fletch, Gandy, Kelsay etc. and basically stay in park.
                    Sometimes, Continuity can go a lot further than you give it credit for.

that being said, I'm on the fence about it - do I think Fletcher would be better with better DTs in front of him - absolutely - do I think those DTs are on this roster? I haven't the slightest - I hope McCargo turns into what Levy saw this season when he drafted him last april - but that remains to be seen.

if we keep Fletcher, then maybe we need to think about making a major trade (like a first rounder for someone or a first and some camp fodder if necessary) for a great DT that we're missing and make sure he's here before training camp and OTAs.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      I bet his agent's "feelers" came back with numbers much lower than he expected. This puts him back into the Bills' price range.........

I saw more impact plays made by Ellison than I did from Fletcher
                      What the hell are you smoking?

maybe for the amount of time Ellison was actually in games, but not overall.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

Keeping Fletcher allows us to develop whoever his eventual replacement is. Whether we aquire him this year or next. Not too mention, Fletch's worth ethic and character its a great benefit to our young defense to be playing with a guy like London.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

I think Rosenhaus told his client that he needs some good pubicity after he stormed out at end of season.

Fletcher appears to be a player the Bills want but do not want. They want him for his veteran leadership and no stop hustle but want different plays out of him. Fletcher is a good player to have as reserve but it all comes down to being very careful and conservative in contract because of his new agent.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                            we definitely need to improve the run D, but there may not be a whole lot of other options. Fletcher is one of many people on this roster who could be uprgraded- difficult decisions will have to be made.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                              What the hell are you smoking?

maybe for the amount of time Ellison was actually in games, but not overall.

Making a tackle 5 yds downfield on 3rd and 4 is NOT an impact play

Comment

Working...
                              X