• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Mike Mayock is at it again.

Bills | Team could target cornerback in draft
    Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:57:39 -0800
    Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports the Buffalo Bills could target a cornerback in the NFL Draft, according to NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock. The Bills own the 12th pick in the first round. Michigan CB Leon Hall and Arkansas CB Chris Houston could be considered as possibilities, according to Mayock. "I think on the defensive side, assuming they lose the corner (CB Nate Clements), I think Leon Hall and Chris Houston. Those kinds of players in the corner position will make a lot of sense for them."
    ==============================
    I'd say he's crazy but he's the ONLY person I Know who called the Whitner picked last year correctly.. GOD, I hope he's wrong this time... also should be noted, he said LB and OL are two other spots we could target in round one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Mike Mayock is at it again.

Another knee jerk reaction to our losing Nate.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I may be the only person on this board, but I think McGee is talented enough to be a number one corner.. He struggled learning the cover two scheme, and got better at the end of the year.. near the end of 2005 he was playing better than Clements..

I can live with McGee and a modest FA signing, or even Youboty, as LONG as they get a mininum of two new good starters in teh front seven.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

If you want the absolute worst info listen to NFL Network. They are the same one's that reported that Holcomb was definately going to be the starter.

Bills aren't re-signing their CB. Ahh, that means that they will draft a CB. I can use that logic all day.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I may be the only person on this board, but I think McGee is talented enough to be a number one corner.
          You are, I hope

As for Houston, I wouldnt mind him in Round 3, but sure as hell not at 12.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            If you want the absolute worst info listen to NFL Network. They are the same one's that reported that Holcomb was definately going to be the starter.

Bills aren't re-signing their CB. Ahh, that means that they will draft a CB. I can use that logic all day.
            Mayock did call the Whitner pick days before the draft.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Mayock's the smartest draft guy there is. He called Aaron Rodgers to Green Bay weeks before the 2005 draft, and everyone thought he was nuts. Last year he called Whitner, and his mock draft was basically dead-on. Mayock's an incredibly smart draft prognosticator, so don't dismiss him.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

I still say no way. I won't cry if we take one in the 2nd or 3rd, but a) I don't like Revis or Hall enough to spend a #12 on, anc b) I want to see #12 spent on the defensive front 7
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I can live with McGee and a modest FA signing, or even Youboty, as LONG as they get a mininum of two new good starters in teh front seven.
                  I agree 100%.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• eyedog
                    • Jul 2002

I thought corners were not important in the Tampa-2. At least that's the bs I've been reading around here. If they are not important why would they take one at #12 when they have another dozen of holes to fill. Please enlighten me again on the great Tampa-2. I've come to learn that defense doesn't need run stuffers because they don't "fit the system", and "corners are really not that important".

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

I may be the only person on this board, but I think McGee is talented enough to be a number one corner.. He struggled learning the cover two scheme, and got better at the end of the year.. near the end of 2005 he was playing better than Clements..

I hope to christ you are the only one who thinks that.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Mayock is the man. I am not a fan of this pick but really who knows.

I mean while we have bigger needs it wouldnt shock me to see Marv draft a big CB and have our entire secondary locked up for the next 4-6 years.

**** knows at this point.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

I like Darrelle Revis. He is a hell of a corner and an amazing athlete.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

so he can return punts, but can he cover a WR?

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              I like Darrelle Revis. He is a hell of a corner and an amazing athlete.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vV3g2Z-0ExA
                              Personally I think Revis is going to be a far better pro than Hall.

Comment

Working...
                              X