• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Holliday Resigns with Miami

HOLLIDAY DEAL HELPS KELSAY: Looks like Miami has their DE/DT back in the fold. Holliday who was scheduled to become a free agent has reportedly re-signed with the team for 4 years and $20 million. That will only help Chris Kelsay's argument that he should be paid big money. If a 30-something defensive end can get $5 million a year, a 27-year old DE in Kelsay coming off a career year can probably make the same argument.
    (From Chris Brown-- Bills.com)
    ================================================
    Great.. SO our "big" offseason deal is going to be resigning this one dimensional assclown and giving him $5+ million per year.. Fantasic!! I dont see how any Bills fan couldn't be wet with excitement over the direction of this team.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Holliday Resigns with Miami

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    HOLLIDAY DEAL HELPS KELSAY: Looks like Miami has their DE/DT back in the fold. Holliday who was scheduled to become a free agent has reportedly re-signed with the team for 4 years and $20 million. That will only help Chris Kelsay's argument that he should be paid big money. If a 30-something defensive end can get $5 million a year, a 27-year old DE in Kelsay coming off a career year can probably make the same argument.
    Great.. SO our "big" offseason deal is going to be resigning this one dimensional assclown and giving him $5+ million per year.. Fantasic!! I dont see how any Bills fan couldn't be wet with excitement over the direction of this team.

Kelsay sucks. Let's pay 10 million a year and get somebody that actually can do better than 5 sacks a year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I dont care about the sacks. he's HORRIBLE at stopping the run.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

Let's not overreact just yet.
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

Fantasic!! I dont see how any Bills fan couldn't be wet with excitement over the direction of this team.
          I think there's a lot to get excited about over the recent past. Better coaching, better drafting, better team chemistry and locker room atmosphere, a solid finish to last season, no QB contraversy, improved OL play late in the season, and the fact that Whitner, Simpson, Ellison, Williams, and Pennington got tons of game experience last season and should make a big leap this offseason. Through in the possibiltiy of Butler being a player with the shoulder injury taken care of, and I'm way more excited this year than at the same point last year.

I think its a big mistake to look at free agency with big expectations. There are probably 10-12 free agents out there that we would consider more exciting than the Triplett/Royal signings of last season, and those same 10-12 free agents are being coveted by half the teams in the league. The fact is, there are not many teams in the league that will make a major free agent signing. Most of them will have to be content with a half dozen signings of mid-tier talent or below.
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

I'm glad Vonnies back, he had a solid season for us last year and we are also getting Traylor back too, he's a big time run stuffing DT, he commands extra attention to keep the lanes clear for Zach to tear up the backfield. Miami's youth will also get their turn in a nice rotation, looks like the Fins will have another year with a top 5 D. A healthy Daunte and the return of Ricky and the Dolphins could be much improved.

Comment

• dolphan117
              • Dec 2005

Its going to be very interesting to see how this deal is structured. If its back-loaded in such a way that both parties know full well that it is more of a 3 year deal in the 12-14 million dollar range than I like it. Not sure he is worth it though if its a true 5 million a year deal..... Which it probably isn't.

Edit-It will be nice to have him and Traylor back though. There is going to be a great deal of depth on that line if either of the Wrights work out. Manny is expected back although I think we are all taking a wait and see approach and Rodrique was a very highly regarded tackle prospect that fell like a comet last year because of needing shoulder surgery that forced him to miss his rookie year.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                • Mar 2004

I'm glad Holliday's back as well, as good as he's been on the field, I've read many things about Holliday and the positive force he is off the field for the team as well.

Comment

• Al13
                  • Apr 2003

i think he makes 7 million in 2007

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                    I'm glad Vonnies back, he had a solid season for us last year and we are also getting Traylor back too, he's a big time run stuffing DT, he commands extra attention to keep the lanes clear for Zach to tear up the backfield. Miami's youth will also get their turn in a nice rotation, looks like the Fins will have another year with a top 5 D. A healthy Daunte and the return of Ricky and the Dolphins could be much improved.
                    I wouldn't count on the return of Ricky and a healthy Daunte.

However I will say that Vonnie Holliday was a great re-signing.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Vonnie had a solid year last year, while they probably overpaid a little it was a nice signing for the fins.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

I dont care about the sacks. he's HORRIBLE at stopping the run.
                        How is he horrible at stopping the run when he had more tackles than any other D-lineman?

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

London Fletcher led the team in tackles and he flat out blows against the run.

Whats your point?

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                            I wouldn't count on the return of Ricky and a healthy Daunte.

However I will say that Vonnie Holliday was a great re-signing.
                            The return of Ricky will be up to the NFL since, he's said that he wants to come back already. As far as Daunte, I think his problem is between his ears with any problems with his knee a close second. I've got a strong feeling that the Dolphins will draft a QB with a high pick, but at least Cameron has the experience at developing, and getting the most at of QBs.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                              As far as Daunte, I think his problem is between his ears with any problems with his knee a close second.

Comment

Working...
                              X