• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Today is "cash to cap" day

That means we should pummel this deceased equine all day.

Can we get over it yet?

No one has any idea what it even means, nor what we are about to do in FA. Ill bet 1000 ZB's that the answer isnt nothing. Ill bet 500ZB's that either Fletcher, Kelsay, or Clements is resigned.

BTW, chances are good that tomorrow will be "cash to cap" day too, and the next day, and the next............

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Today is "cash to cap" day

first, it's FEBRUARY. What the hell else do we have to talk about? We've already beat the other deceased equine that is "*****ing about mock drafts".

Second, who cares about re-signing those guys? How does signing the same guys make the team BETTER? Supposedly we run a defensive system that doesn't require shut down corners, so Nate seems like a waste. Fletcher is on the wrong side of 30 and we could use a young playmaker in his place, and a 5-sack DE can be found in the 3rd round of the draft. We need to find a playmaker or two to make this team get better.

And third, if "cash to cap" means nothing, why the **** did Marv hold a press conference to discuss it? Opinions here seem to range from "let's wait and see what it means" to "oh ****, we're not going to do anything to make this team better." But I have yet to see even ONE person who gained any confidence or excitement for the upcoming season based on what Marv said.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      first, it's FEBRUARY. What the hell else do we have to talk about? We've already beat the other deceased equine that is "*****ing about mock drafts".

Second, who cares about re-signing those guys? How does signing the same guys make the team BETTER? Supposedly we run a defensive system that doesn't require shut down corners, so Nate seems like a waste. Fletcher is on the wrong side of 30 and we could use a young playmaker in his place, and a 5-sack DE can be found in the 3rd round of the draft. We need to find a playmaker or two to make this team get better.

And third, if "cash to cap" means nothing, why the **** did Marv hold a press conference to discuss it? Opinions here seem to range from "let's wait and see what it means" to "oh ****, we're not going to do anything to make this team better." But I have yet to see even ONE person who gained any confidence or excitement for the upcoming season based on what Marv said.
      So, you wont get excitement from me on it. Because big signings, draftings are exciting. Based on his comments on free agency, we arent going to see that....unless hes seriously going to try to resign his own a.l.a. Nate.

But, just because it isnt exciting doesnt mean it isnt good or even right. In my response to Pat on this topic, one could argue we stand to only "lose" 2 players, Fletch and Nate. If you assume the draft will net one or both of the replacements and day one starters, are we that bad off?

Yes, we all want big name signings. But, I look at whos out there and...well...whos out there? Theres really not much that would qualify as a big signing. All the good guys got tagged. June? No one is gonna claim hes a star. Steinbach? maybe, but he is just a OG. Thats it, who else is so great that we are missing out on?

I just feel like we are all worked up over not spending lots in FA, but who exactly are we spending lots on?

Seriously, if we resign Nate, I would argue we would have signed the top FA available.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
        So, you wont get excitement from me on it. Because big signings, draftings are exciting. Based on his comments on free agency, we arent going to see that....unless hes seriously going to try to resign his own a.l.a. Nate.

But, just because it isnt exciting doesnt mean it isnt good or even right. In my response to Pat on this topic, one could argue we stand to only "lose" 2 players, Fletch and Nate. If you assume the draft will net one or both of the replacements and day one starters, are we that bad off?

Yes, we all want big name signings. But, I look at whos out there and...well...whos out there? Theres really not much that would qualify as a big signing. All the good guys got tagged. June? No one is gonna claim hes a star. Steinbach? maybe, but he is just a OG. Thats it, who else is so great that we are missing out on?

I just feel like we are all worked up over not spending lots in FA, but who exactly are we spending lots on?

Seriously, if we resign Nate, I would argue we would have signed the top FA available.
        I honestly don't care about big names. I just care about people who make this team better. If we lose two players and don't pick anyone up, or even if we re-sign those two players, we're essentially unchanged from last year. Granted we have some young guys who will have more experience and play better, but it still won't be enough.

Last year's FA class was a disaster. We have to do better- not in quantity but in quality. I think if we can pick up 1-2 impact players in FA and have another draft like we had last year, we'll be poised to make a playoff run. But Marv's press conference didn't really make me think that's what the plan is.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Smoke and mirrors, fellas!

I don't know what we will do, but if we do re-sign Nate, it would have been a pretty good offseason. But do we really need to re-sign him and carry his big contract for 6 years? I dunno.

I don't know what the Bills plan on doing next week, none of us do. I doubt even Marv has made up his mind on what we are going to do. It will still be tempting for him to not offer Stienbach and guys like a deal and see where they stand.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

I honestly don't care about big names. I just care about people who make this team better. If we lose two players and don't pick anyone up, or even if we re-sign those two players, we're essentially unchanged from last year. Granted we have some young guys who will have more experience and play better, but it still won't be enough.

Last year's FA class was a disaster. We have to do better- not in quantity but in quality. I think if we can pick up 1-2 impact players in FA and have another draft like we had last year, we'll be poised to make a playoff run. But Marv's press conference didn't really make me think that's what the plan is.
            I agree 100% with what you said here. But everything you state is conjecture for this year. Tutan Reyes sucked. Does that automatically mean Dielman will suck? It may be that we just picked the wrong guy. Bowen never made it to the field because we grabbed Whitner. Royal had spurts, but JP also struggled. Does a much improved JP make Royal that much better? maybe.

I agree we wont sign sure fire studs, but there arent any out there either. So were saving money when theres nothing to buy. Obviously I dont mean that theres nothing to buy, only that we dont have any Freeneys or Briggs, so who the money issue is a non-issue.

All thats left is Steinbach. Will we make a run at him? I dont know. But I dont think our new motto will preclude us from doing so. Personally Id rather save a bit and get Dockery.

Hey if all else fails Trey Teague got released

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

first, it's FEBRUARY. What the hell else do we have to talk about?
              We could discuss the progress JP made or maybe what the team should do with Willis this off-season.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

first, it's FEBRUARY. What the hell else do we have to talk about? We've already beat the other deceased equine that is "*****ing about mock drafts"
                True. At least last year we had the "why'd they hire Dick Jauron" and "should we draft a quarterback" horses to pummel.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                X