• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M
    • Aug 2006

Trying to Keep Nate

From Buffalo News:

"He's going to get a very attractive offer, whether he still wants to go elsewhere," Levy said. "He's already expressed from what I've read publicly that they are going to go out and test free agency, which is his right to do. He's also expressed to our coaches that he likes playing in Buffalo and he wants to remain a Buffalo Bill. So we'll see how it plays out."

Yes, we shall see. Hopefully, Nate won't be as greedy as everybody knows he is. If so, bye bye.
    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Trying to Keep Nate

someone will outbid us. In fact, I hope someone outbids us.

Sometimes I just can't understand this team. We bring in a defensive system that doesn't rely on top-flight cover corners, then we make a huge offer to a cover corner who STRUGGLED in this defense.

And people wonder why the rest of the league doesn't take us seriously.....
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

If they find a way to retain Clements I will have to take back all the mean things I've said about Ralph being a cheap ass *****.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

Sometimes I just can't understand this team. We bring in a defensive system that doesn't rely on top-flight cover corners, then we make a huge offer to a cover corner who STRUGGLED in this defense.

Nate actually didn't play too bad, once he got used to it, and Fewell used him to cover the opponent's top WR. That being said, I don't think there's a hope in hell he re-signs.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

He had his moments. I can remember a few games where he was a huge.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
            He had his moments. I can remember a few games where he was a huge.
            I'll give you that, but he's looking at a contract in the $60 million range. Teams that win do pay huge contracts, but they pay them to players who show up every game.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

I always found his inconsistency odd.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BillsNick
                • Jul 2003

I think that he would stay if the Bills were somewhat close to an outside offer. Will that happen? Not a chance in hell. Get it out of your minds, he's gone.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

BOTTOM LINE IS MARV IS NOT BURNING ANY BRIDGE... With that said we will not resign him, he is a very good corner, but we will spend our money elsewhere. Why spend 60+ million on 1 player who is not a top 5 QB when you can spend the money on 2 guards?

See what that 60 million can buy you, with some left over!!!!!!!!
                  1) Dockery/Cosey Coleman
                  2) Dielman/Cooper Carlisle

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Just franchise tag him! Who cares if Levy promised not to? This is a business.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

nate was possibly the best CB in the NFL the second half of last season.

Doesnt matter though, cause no CB is worth that much money in a cover two, and even if he was worth the money someone will give him more and we won't outbid him.

If you're going to pay franchise money and run a successful cover two, the strength has to be in the front seven.

Was THomas (Balt) tagged? Not that I should care or even fantasize that we'd pay for him, who by the way IMO is better than Briggs, June or ANY other FA in the market. He would be SICK on this defense.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        nate was possibly the best CB in the NFL the second half of last season.

Doesnt matter though, cause no CB is worth that much money in a cover two, and even if he was worth the money someone will give him more and we won't outbid him.

If you're going to pay franchise money and run a successful cover two, the strength has to be in the front seven.

Was THomas (Balt) tagged? Not that I should care or even fantasize that we'd pay for him, who by the way IMO is better than Briggs, June or ANY other FA in the market. He would be SICK on this defense.
                        to the best of my knowledge, Thomas has not been tagged. He's my number 1 wish list free agent. I think I would have even taken him over Briggs, were Briggs still on the market.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• njsue
                          Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                          • Sep 2003

The choice is Dedication to the bills(heart) vs $$$$$ risk playing for a crappy team.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

If you think the rest of the league isn't taking us seriously with Marv at the helm of the FO after we went 7-9 with the league's toughest schedule with as many as 6 rookies playing on D (contributing to the #7 ranked passing D) - you truely are the biggest Negative Nancy I've ever met.
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                              to the best of my knowledge, Thomas has not been tagged. He's my number 1 wish list free agent. I think I would have even taken him over Briggs, were Briggs still on the market.
                              I heard Adalius Thomas was in fact tagged like a week ago.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X