PDA

View Full Version : Redskins release veteran safety Troy Vincent

Michael82
02-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Veteran safety Troy Vincent was cut Thursday by the Washington Redskins, saving the team about $1.3 million in salary cap space.

The Redskins signed Vincent six games into the 2006 season after free agent acquisition Adam Archuleta's early struggles, but the five-time Pro Bowl player failed to make much of an impact on the NFC's worst defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2775089

Michael82
02-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Looks like Marv got this one right. Vincent is done.

RockStar36
02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
It was pretty obvious when he left here. I was surprised Washington even gave him a deal. Then I read in that article that it was a pretty decent deal which surprised me even more.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Marv is an awesome talent evaluater. The man's been in this business for more years than almost any GM in the league, he knows his chit. At times he may work in mysterious ways that we don't understand, making him look utterly senile. But we all eventually stand corrected.

Look at my avatar! In Marv We Trust!

Mr. Pink
02-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Marv is an awesome talent evaluater. The man's been in this business for more years than almost any GM in the league, he knows his chit. At times he may work in mysterious ways that we don't understand, making him look utterly senile. But we all eventually stand corrected.

Look at my avatar! In Marv We Trust!

Awesome Talent Evaluator? Blind homerism at it's finest.

How did Robert Royal work out? Peerless Price? Andre Davis? Larry Tripplett? Craig Nall? Tutan Reyes?

BTW in case you forgot....Being a GM is a lot different than being a coach. Marv is 1 year into being a GM and learning how to do that role/job. Just because you can hack it at coach doesn't mean you can hack it as a GM. Just like, even if you were a good player, doesn't mean you'll be a good head coach. Look at Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Norm Van Brocklin for examples.

patmoran2006
02-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Didnt Vincent make the team last year, start the season and then get injured, leading to his release?

I'd hardly call that an awesome talent evaluator.. You guys make it sound like Ko Simpson beat him out at training camp or something.

DynaPaul
02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Didnt Vincent make the team last year, start the season and then get injured, leading to his release?

I'd hardly call that an awesome talent evaluator.. You guys make it sound like Ko Simpson beat him out at training camp or something.

He almost got cut in training camp but Jauron kept him because he's loyal to vets apparently. The injury was just the final nail in the coffin.

HAMMER
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Marv has more football knowledge in his little finger than the self proclaimed know it alls around here, especially moron.

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2007, 06:08 AM
Marv has more football knowledge in his little finger than the self proclaimed know it alls around here, especially moron.
:posrep:

ublinkwescore
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Awesome Talent Evaluator? Blind homerism at it's finest.

How did Robert Royal work out? Peerless Price? Andre Davis? Larry Tripplett? Craig Nall? Tutan Reyes?

BTW in case you forgot....Being a GM is a lot different than being a coach. Marv is 1 year into being a GM and learning how to do that role/job. Just because you can hack it at coach doesn't mean you can hack it as a GM. Just like, even if you were a good player, doesn't mean you'll be a good head coach. Look at Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Norm Van Brocklin for examples.

Don't diss the marv pal.

Robert Royal proved to be a great recieving weapon towards the season's end - peerless Price won the Texans game for us, along with the Vikings game, and should have contributed to a win over the Jets in the first meeting between our teams (you gotta admit that Offensive PI call was utter BS). Andre Davis is a special teams gunner, and Larry Triplett came on at the end of the season as well.

Craig Nall wasn't anything more than a depth signing, and I think we all knew that from the beginning. As far as Tutan Reyes - when we signed him, we really couldn't have gone anywhere but up from where we were.