PDA

View Full Version : Note to Regier: Don't Market Biron as an Enforcer

Meathead
02-22-2007, 08:18 PM
note to darcy: dont market marty as an enforcer lmao

that was the most pathetic goalie fight ive ever seen. marty couldnt hit emery, took a couple shots to the head, then fell with emery on top of him. emery was laughing and got up but marty reaches out and pulled his leg out from under him so he falls

lolol jeez marty, is that the best you can do rofl

but then emery kinda lost his cool and started pummeling marty and thats when peters came in to keep martys face from turning to hamburger

95% of the time i think fighting in the nhl is stupid but this time it was entertaining and in fact i agree with the rationale. sending your goon out to smash up a finesse player is bush and lindy was right to send our tough guys straight for their scorers

Crisis
02-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Emery is a boxer.

Meathead
02-22-2007, 09:16 PM
is he really? it looked like it. biron was totally overmatched. not that it matters of course, id take marty over emery but he sure cant fight as well lol

YardRat
02-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Rob Ray talked about playing with Emery when he got sent down to Binghampton and basically said he was the 'enforcer' of the club.

I've seen Biron spar much better than tonight.

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I bet Marty could kick Meathead's pansy liberal ass.

Meathead
02-22-2007, 09:24 PM
maggie simpson could kick my ass

http://www.uwm.edu/People/tplee/IMAGES/maggie.gif

Philagape
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Marty's been there several times

Nighthawk
02-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't care how he markets Biron, just get rid of that salary and bring in some help for the playoffs!

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't care how he markets Biron, just get rid of that salary and bring in some help for the playoffs!

To whom should he trade Marty?

Trading a soon to be UFA is not simple.

Do any of the top 8 teams in the West need a goalie?

And is trading Marty for somebody who won't play in the playoffs worth it if the Sabres need to start Miller for every game for the rest of the regular season and every game in the playoffs?

camelcowboy
02-22-2007, 10:32 PM

And is trading Marty for somebody who won't play in the playoffs worth it if the Sabres need to start Miller for every game for the rest of the regular season and every game in the playoffs?

Biron/kotalik to the yotes for Cujo and Morris/Nolan. Im not going to push hard for them to trade anymore. Im focused on killing ottawa now.

CuseJetsFan83
02-23-2007, 04:35 AM
Biron/kotalik to the yotes for Cujo and Morris/Nolan. Im not going to push hard for them to trade anymore. Im focused on killing ottawa now.

kotalik is hurt, and most teams would never trade an injured player

camelcowboy
02-23-2007, 09:04 PM
kotalik is hurt, and most teams would never trade an injured player

Keep in mind the stuart trade with calgary involved a injuried player. Chuck Kobasew. The kotalik injury is not career threatening he's not a rental he's under contract for 2 more years. He still has value for a team out of it that wants something long term.

Philagape
02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Kotalik's our most tradeable player IMO. A team we would trade with is most likely out of the race and therefore trading for the future. We have good depth at forward, and it would free up over $2 million. Kalinin is next.

camelcowboy
02-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Kotalik's our most tradeable player IMO. A team we would trade with is most likely out of the race and therefore trading for the future. We have good depth at forward, and it would free up over $2 million. Kalinin is next.

I agree

Nighthawk
02-24-2007, 01:10 PM

You trade him to anybody willing to take the salary! You're going to lose him at the end of the season for nothing, why hold teams up for a ransom now? We need the money freed up...we don't need to make a killing in the deal. Then you take the money and get some grit and some Cup experience in for the playoffs. Really, it's that simple. Regier needs to grow some and get things done by the deadline. This may be the only year that we get this close. What happens if we don't get the cup and we stood pat? I don't want that scenario...you HAVE to go for it and do whatever it takes to get it done.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2007, 03:10 PM
You trade him to anybody willing to take the salary! You're going to lose him at the end of the season for nothing, why hold teams up for a ransom now? We need the money freed up...we don't need to make a killing in the deal. Then you take the money and get some grit and some Cup experience in for the playoffs. Really, it's that simple. Regier needs to grow some and get things done by the deadline. This may be the only year that we get this close. What happens if we don't get the cup and we stood pat? I don't want that scenario...you HAVE to go for it and do whatever it takes to get it done.

Who is going to take his salary?

Teams are not going to say 'Gee, We will take Marty so the Sabres can make another trade."