• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Fletcher Going to the SKins?

John Clayton looks at David Carr's future in Houston and has more notes from the first day of the scouting combine.

According to John Clayton's peice here, expect Washington to strike a deal with Fletcher early in FA.

He also said the two teams most likely to land Adalius Thomas are Cleveland or SF.

And he also quoted what Jauron said about being competitive in FA but questioned how competitive they'd be able to be.

On a side note, I read in Chicago that Thomas JOnes wants to be traded and the team will try to accomodate him.. I really like him, I'd love for him to be our RB.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Fletcher Going to the SKins?

Pat, you know better...it's by John Clayton, that's automatic crap around here. John is a pencil necked geek who doesn't know anything!

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

True.. he's only cool if JP is the best young QB in the league or something along those lines.

All media people are pencil neck geeks.. but like him or not, he and Mort have more inside info than the majority of people who write.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

it would not surprise me to see Fletcher go to the Skins...They sign all the Bills defensive castoffs...Prielieu, Vincent, Posey, etc. Expect them to go after Kelsey as well....

Comment

• Elminster
          #1 Kelsay Fan
          • Oct 2006

I wouldn't be surprised. Snyder lives about fives years in the past or so....or it seems like it sometimes, at least...
          Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by don137
            it would not surprise me to see Fletcher go to the Skins...They sign all the Bills defensive castoffs...Prielieu, Vincent, Posey, etc. Expect them to go after Kelsey as well....
            Well I guess its even trade then because we sign their castoffs as well.. (Royal, Bowens).. When a team spends a trillion dollars each year towards the cap and doesnt want to resign Royal and Bowens, that should tell you something.

And anybody who calls London Fletcher a castoff is a total IDIOT.. He's been far and away our best defender this decade; anybody who says otherwise is being hommerific because they know we can't resign him.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

I dunno Pat, I'm still happy that he spurned the Browns to come here personally. I never wanted any part of that guy on my team.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Fletcher may or not be the ideal fit scheme and age-wise for the Bills at this point, but nobody can take away from him being a solid MLB in this league, one of the better players in this league for that matter.

Anybody remember back to 2005, when pretty much this entire team quit less than halfway through the season. Fletcher was the only player who played his heart out every game.

He's been among the league's leaders in tackles for years and he's as dependable as they come.

Given Buffalo's ecomonic situation and the cover two, we may be better off having him move on and going younger, but anyone who wants to start dissing him as a football player because he's leaving should be embrassed and doesnt know the first ****ing thing about football.

Comment

• M
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Fletcher may or not be the ideal fit scheme and age-wise for the Bills at this point, but nobody can take away from him being a solid MLB in this league, one of the better players in this league for that matter.

Anybody remember back to 2005, when pretty much this entire team quit less than halfway through the season. Fletcher was the only player who played his heart out every game.

He's been among the league's leaders in tackles for years and he's as dependable as they come.

Given Buffalo's ecomonic situation and the cover two, we may be better off having him move on and going younger, but anyone who wants to start dissing him as a football player because he's leaving should be embrassed and doesnt know the first ****ing thing about football.
                  I'll be sad to see Fletcher go. Like you said, he always plays with heart. It's a nice change from people only playing in their contract year or claiming they should be the highest paid (insert position here) in the league or they are the best (insert position here) in the league ...........
                  Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by CTBills97
                    I'll be sad to see Fletcher go. Like you said, he always plays with heart. It's a nice change from people only playing in their contract year or claiming they should be the highest paid (insert position here) in the league or they are the best (insert position here) in the league ...........
                    Thank you.. He isnt the best LB in the NFL, but he's very good and certainly was worth every penny we paid him. Believe me, if Jauron and Levy could make it happen they'd have him back in a second.. Some people underestimate the value of leadership and nobody had more than him.

WHo's the new "leader" of the defense with Fletcher gone? Spikes? There's a decent chance he will be gone too.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

You forgot to mention that he hasn't missed a game since he got to Buffalo. Fletcher is a helluva player and you're exactly right: it might not make sense for us to resign him, but you can't ignore what he's done for the Bills.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2775871

According to John Clayton's peice here, expect Washington to strike a deal with Fletcher early in FA.

He also said the two teams most likely to land Adalius Thomas are Cleveland or SF.

And he also quoted what Jauron said about being competitive in FA but questioned how competitive they'd be able to be.

On a side note, I read in Chicago that Thomas JOnes wants to be traded and the team will try to accomodate him.. I really like him, I'd love for him to be our RB.
                        1. Maybe the Skins are interested, but Fletcher himself said earlier this week that he's hoping to get something done with the Bills. So I don't think him going to the Skins is anywhere near a lock.

2. I'd take Thomas Jones over Willis. Why does he want out of Chi-town?
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Prolly
                          1) Benson 2) Money

Comment

• eyedog
                            • Jul 2002

Let's not all start blowing Fletcher. He is an average mlb who plays hard every week. Not that that is a bad thing but the fact is we have to get better at the mlb position, especially with this defense they are now running. There is no way they should offer him any kind of a big money contract.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Well I guess its even trade then because we sign their castoffs as well.. (Royal, Bowens).. When a team spends a trillion dollars each year towards the cap and doesnt want to resign Royal and Bowens, that should tell you something.

And anybody who calls London Fletcher a castoff is a total IDIOT.. He's been far and away our best defender this decade; anybody who says otherwise is being hommerific because they know we can't resign him.
                              he has been good for us (I wouldn't say best defender- maybe most consistent defender). But that doesn't automatically preclude him from being a castoff. He still has some talent left, but he's lost a step and we implemented a new defense for which he's not well suited. So there's a good chance we could do better without him.

I'm sure he'll go somewhere and be solid for another 2-3 seasons, but it's looking more and more like Buffalo isn't the right place for him anymore.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X