X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Jauron Vows to Battle for Free Agents

INDIANAPOLIS - The Buffalo Bills know that retaining all their free agents won't be easy, but they aren't going to let them go without a fight.

In his first public comments since the 2006 season ended, Bills coach Dick Jauron said the team will make every effort to hold on to its free agents.

"We'll pursue our people and we'll stay in the hunt," Jauron said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Cornerback Nate Clements, middle linebacker London Fletcher and defensive end Chris Kelsay head the list of eight veteran Bills players who will become unrestricted free agents next week. Fullback Daimon Shelton, nickel cornerback Kiwaukee Thomas, left guard Mike Gandy, backup running back Anthony Thomas and wide receiver and special teamer Andre' Davis are also free to sign with another team.
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 02-23-2007, 09:48 AM.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Jauron Vows to Battle for Free Agents

We'll see. I hope he's right.

Unfortunately, I suspect Jauron doesnt have much control over who we sign and what our financial plan is going to be.

But unlike Levy's comments, at least these offer some hope

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Adalius Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marv, Ralph, and Dick. Prove it.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Adalius Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marv, Ralph, and Dick. Prove it.
        I doubt he'll come here. The speculation I read yesterday was San Fran or a few other warm weather destinations.

He and Nate will get the insane $$.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

If we sign Thomas and one decent guard I dont care if we dont make another single free agent signing.

I'd rather spend 15-20 million (cash to cap) on Thomas alone than the same money on a half dozen Josh Reeds'.. **** depth, thats what the draft is for. Our late round choices make this team and play anyway.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            If we sign Thomas and one decent guard I dont care if we dont make another single free agent signing.

I'd rather spend 15-20 million (cash to cap) on Thomas alone than the same money on a half dozen Josh Reeds'.. **** depth, thats what the draft is for. Our late round choices make this team and play anyway.
            That was the best post I've seen from you in a long time.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006

That would mean we would have about 13-18mil to sign your guard, some of our own FA's, rookies, and about 10 to 16 other guys to fill out the roster. I don't think that's realistic.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

It is very realistic, just because LEvy SAID we wouldn't go over doesnt mean we couldnt go over by just 3-4 million.. Salary cap wise we'd still be in great shape, the question is if the FO would be willing to go a couple of million over "cash to cap" should a great player like Thomas become a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                X