X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StillLurkin
    • Jul 2002

with the apparent signing of Ahanotu...

and shawn price, what impact will it have on the defensive line.
    Become one with nature.........then marinate it!
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

I'm afraid, not much... IF shawn is even 100% by opening day, I say they only went from God Awful to Really bad.

And I am an optimist!

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I think he can help. He had 10 sacks in '97 with Tampa, and he's known to be a good run-stuffer. I wonder if they'll try to switch him to DT.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

I'd go with Schobel, Williams, Price, Ahonatu on the d-line. It's won't be the best in the league but it should be able to get the job done.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• StillLurkin
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
          I'd go with Schobel, Williams, Price, Ahonatu on the d-line. It's won't be the best in the league but it should be able to get the job done.
          i totally agree patrick, they won't be the best, but they should be good enough to get the job done. and by getting their job done they let the linebacker do their job, along with the corners and safeties.
          Become one with nature.........then marinate it!

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

No matter who is in there, we MUST get some pressure on the QB. Otherwise, this Defense can't work.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

We haven't been Blitzing too much in the 2 preseason games have we?
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Butch
                • Jul 2002

These signings make our defense bad instead of awful.
                It's nice to have a real quarterback again.

Comment

• Drewpac
                  • Jul 2002

I agree. Our defense only sucks now. At least we don't really really really suck like we did two days ago.

Comment

• Buffarama
                    Football-Sport of the Gods
                    • Jul 2002

I can't help but think with the number of running backs going down in the league, and Bryson sitting in our backfield, that we can still swing a deal for another D-lineman.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I don't expect the D to suddenly remind us of the Tennesee Titan's defense when GW was the DC, but I want to give the new lineup with Ahanotu and Price a chance to work together a little before I squak too loud. By the way, the fact that Ahanotu had 10 sacks in '97 keeps coming up, but he only had 33 in his 10 year NFL career thus far. That means in the other 9 years he has averaged 2.56 sacks per year. He'll probably do more for run defense than pass defense. IO also would not be surprised if Buffalo picks up a defensive lineman or two after cut downs take place. No, it probably won't be a starter, but it might be a backup who is better than our backups.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bufftp
                        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

we from
                        What is a defensive line?
                        to
                        Boy our defense line isn't to good.
                        Having on is better than none at all.
                        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                        to be led by permanent ideals -
                        that is what keeps a man patient
                        when the world ignores him,
                        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Billsbabee

A Rams fan told me this on Chidi

"Ahanotu is solid against the run. Good pass rusher against pocket passers. Weak pass rusher against mobile QBs because he lacks the speed to contain them when they roll to his side if they get outside of him. Isn't as fast as he was the year he had 10 sacks for the Bucs. Not an every down player. In his first game with the Rams, he'd missed camp and was clearly the slowest player on the field. Within 2 weeks though (since week 2 was postponed), he was back to full speed and looked like the guy who played in Tampa. Kudos for the Bills getting him in now when he still has time to get into game shape. He's another one of those guys that doesn't like camp. As long as the Bills have someone who will rotate with him on a regular basis, he will do a solid job for the Bills, but don't expect a standout performance. "

I asked over on the General Football Forum on Nflfans.com. If you care to ask him anymore about it, go here http://www.mvptalk.com/cgi-bin/footballtalk/bbs.cgi

PS- if it's not appreciated that I posted that link, please PM me mods and let me know and it won't happen again. Sorry in advance if so.

Thanks! :)

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Ahanotu's agent says he's "super excited" to be playing for the Bills. I know agents say things like that, but even if it's only half true, a little motivation never hurt anything.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                              Man of the People
                              • Jul 2002

they are gonna need london to stand right behind the line and tell him "watch the football, wherever IT goes, YOU go"..and tell him that the football called his mom a lazy no good scumbag...
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X