PDA

View Full Version : What about Brown?

patmoran2006
02-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Nobody has really talked about it, but I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Levy made a play to bring Ruben Brown back to this team.
He probably still has a solid 1-3 years left and would be a great short-term solution over Gandy for our LG problem. From what I seen from Brown in the playoffs, he still looked pretty good, and if memory serves me right didnt he actually make the Pro Bowl as an alternate?

I think someone like Merz could learn a lot under him and continue his development. This team is playing with fire if it throws guys like Merz into the starting lineup. Let him learn more under the tutor of a seasoned vet like Brown.

To me,its a good move. We still will need another good guard, but like I've been saying all along, the OL is one spot where we can't be cheap in FA. This team cannot and will not win unless it has a really good OL.

RockStar36
02-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Eh. I'm still a little bitter about him.

Dr. Lecter
02-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I brought this up a while ago. I think it is a good idea.

He was a Marv guy.

Devin
02-23-2007, 11:25 AM
meh.

patmoran2006
02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
he's still better than anything we currently have.. and anything that is an improvement is a good thing to me.

LIke I said, it gives a guy like merz more time to learn the NFL.

madness
02-23-2007, 11:46 AM
We were one of the least penalized teams in the league. Chicago was one of the worst. There was a 25 penalty difference between the two teams.

I think that's about Brown's avg. per year. :D

gr8slayer
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
he's still better than anything we currently have.. a
That's not saying much.

RockStar36
02-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Did everyone forget that he quit on this team?

gr8slayer
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Did everyone forget that he quit on this team?
He just jumped off the ship before it sank. Can't blame him.

Devin
02-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I dont blame him for that at least entirley.

I think Mularkey and co. had everyone at thier wits end.

gr8slayer
02-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Ugh, every time I see the name "Mularkey" I throw up a little.

RockStar36
02-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I know what you guys are saying. It still just irks me a little bit. I lose a little respect for people that quit on the team.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Yes he would certainly be an upgrade over Gandy. I am not mad at Ruben, as he stood up to the inept coaching staff at the time. He demanded more money than he was worth and we parted ways.

RockStar36
02-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I remember him walking out on the team. Not even showing up for the last game. Hate the coaches or not, but I don't like people who quit on teammates. Hence the reason I'm so pleased with the other Buffalo team today.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM

Wasn't it during the Williams Regime?

G. Host
02-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Ruben did "not show up" and he did not "quit", he was told to not go to last game.
Ruben was complaining most of the year about Mularchy's offense, the blocking schemes, the OC, etc. and was very similiar in his complaints to Bills fans.
Ruben, despite being put out by the team and called a malcontent by them, still lives in Buffalo and did not blame the fans even the boneheads who claimed he had a pemality a game.

I'd welcome Ruben back but I do not believe he is a free agent.

RockStar36
02-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Ruben did "not show up" and he did not "quit", he was told to not go to last game.
Ruben was complaining most of the year about Mularchy's offense, the blocking schemes, the OC, etc. and was very similiar in his complaints to Bills fans.
Ruben, despite being put out by the team and called a malcontent by them, still lives in Buffalo and did not blame the fans even the boneheads who claimed he had a pemality a game.

I guess I was wrong. My bad.

I think Thurm is right w/ the Williams regime though.

Ed
02-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Ruben's last season here was Gregg Williams' last season here too. Mularkey came in after Ruben was gone.

patmoran2006
02-23-2007, 02:15 PM

he is a UFA

G. Host
02-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Ruben's last season here was Gregg Williams' last season here too. Mularkey came in after Ruben was gone.

Right. It was Killdrive he had an issue with.

ublinkwescore
02-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Eh. I'm still a little bitter about him.

If anyone should be bitter, it's Brown towards the bills for bringing shame on this organization by hiring GW and his moronic crew of peons.