PDA

View Full Version : Winslow's career just about over.

HHURRICANE
02-23-2007, 03:18 PM
His little motorcycle accident is probably going to cost him his career. This "micro fracture" surgery is merely to allow him to play, maybe, one more year. Whatever you read you can discount because he basically has no cartlidge left. This guy could have been a Super Star.

I'm sick and tired of people like him and Adam Jones ****ing up their careers. I had a career at their age and understood how not to get in trouble etc. With all of the money that their agents make maybe they could work harder that their clients don't ride motorcycles or bring $81,000 to a strip joint. Geez.

DraftBoy
02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Winslow get into a new accident?

Devin
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Do what?

Talk0fNewYork
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
No, but his knee is shot!

HHURRICANE
02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Winslow get into a new accident?

He just had/is having the surgery this week. The damage from the motorcycle accident is why he's having the micro-surgery. It's designed to promote scar tissue.

Devin
02-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I can see that, he looked terrible last season.

Playing all 16 games, and catching 89 passes for almost 900 yards basically just screams out "my knee is in terrible shape".

:yawn:

Devin
02-23-2007, 03:35 PM
The Facts: Winslow, who underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee Jan. 30, said the prognosis is a four-month recovery but added that he's already ahead of schedule with his rehab. He expects to be fully recovered by June. Reported by the Associated Press (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-winslowsurgery&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Diehards Line: As previously noted on this site (http://www.footballdiehards.com/headlines/news_story.cfm?ID=7433), the Browns didn't reveal the extent of Winslow's surgery until Thursday. On Tuesday, GM Phil Savage said he expected Winslow to make a full recovery and be back on the field in June or July -- without offering an details on the procedure. For the record, team officials are still counting on Winslow to be a major factor on offense next season and beyond.

http://www.footballdiehards.com/NewsMain.cfm

Certainly doesnt sound too grim.

HHURRICANE
02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I can see that, he looked terrible last season.

Playing all 16 games, and catching 89 passes for almost 900 yards basically just screams out "my knee is in terrible shape".

:yawn:

My post didn't say he sucks. It said his career is just about over. Curtis Martin ran pretty well up until the end. Same kind of issue.

HHURRICANE
02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.footballdiehards.com/NewsMain.cfm

Certainly doesnt sound too grim.

My buddy is a consulting ortho for the Trashers. I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Devin
02-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Well after a few quick searches you appear to be alone in your beliefs, which is cool everyone is entitled...etc.

He had a procedure done and the general consensus is he will be fine by camp, much less the start of the season.

Devin
02-23-2007, 03:39 PM
My buddy is a consulting ortho for the Trashers. I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Appears he doesnt. Maybe if he did he could consult for the Browns.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Microfracture surgery is touch and go, and the results are not necessarily guaranteed. Some guys return from it, others can't.

HHURRICANE
02-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Appears he doesnt. Maybe if he did he could consult for the Browns.

This is a case of "don't shoot the messenger" however I heard the story out of Randy Cross's mouth this AM so your internet search might not be getting everyone. I was talking to my buddy this afternoon and asked him if this was BS and he said "no". Now, if you are an MD than call BS all you want.

Gunzlingr
02-23-2007, 03:51 PM
My initials are MD, does that count?

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
There is certainly a decent chance he won't come back from this but you in the small minority of people saying that he is finished Hurricane. Amare Stoudimire has come back nicely from this surgery for the Phoenix Suns.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2007, 05:29 PM
This is a case of "don't shoot the messenger" however I heard the story out of Randy Cross's mouth this AM so your internet search might not be getting everyone. I was talking to my buddy this afternoon and asked him if this was BS and he said "no". Now, if you are an MD than call BS all you want.
Who is Randy Cross and what are his medical credentials.

gr8slayer
02-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't know about his career being over but he likely will never live up to the hype that surrounded him before he went down hill.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Well he did tie the Browns all time receptions record last year...

Devin
02-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't know about his career being over but he likely will never live up to the hype that surrounded him before he went down hill.

Considering the first season as a starter he was 9th in the nfl in receptions, and 3rd amongst all TE's in yardage (50 yards behind Gates, and 25 yards behind Gonzales) and played all 16 games......after missing the first 2 years of his career.....id take that over any of our crap TE's any day of the week.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Seriously Devin. Why are these guys talking out of there asses so much lately.

Devin
02-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I dont know man. :shakeno:

Jeff1220
02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Winslow did something foolish, but not much different than what a lot of young guys do, and he paid a price. To put him in the same category with a deviant like PMJones is pretty unfair. If Winslow is done because of the injury, I understand that they are both wasted talent, but their circumstances are completely different.
If I hurt myself skiing or something else mildly reckless, and couldn't do my job as a teacher as a result, I'd be pretty upset if someone put me in the same category as another young teacher who couldn't do his job because he was a perve and was fired after molesting some kid. That's what that comparison is like.

Goobylal
02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
When I read the had microfracture surgery HH, I also thought his career is likely soon over. Another played on the Browns had it and is out for the 2007 season.

But I guess we'll see.

Philagape
02-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Seriously Devin. Why are these guys talking out of there asses so much lately.

Lately?

Morgoth
02-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I've had this microfracture surgery. The question is how much cartiledge did they remove and are trying to replace through this procedure. I had somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the cartiledge removed from my left knee. I am over 2 years removed from this and have had no ill effects.

I understand that I'm not a world class athelete but I lift weights and run 4-5 times a week and play intramurals. My doctor told me there was a good chance that I would develop arthritis in that knee when I was older but that it could happen regardless of activity level. I think it really depends on how much cartiledge they had to remove. If it was just to fill in some areas then he might be okay. If it was most or all I would think it would at least shorten his career.

gr8slayer
02-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Considering the first season as a starter he was 9th in the nfl in receptions, and 3rd amongst all TE's in yardage (50 yards behind Gates, and 25 yards behind Gonzales) and played all 16 games......after missing the first 2 years of his career.....id take that over any of our crap TE's any day of the week.
True but he was literally their only target and it didn't get them anywhere.

Devin
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
True but he was literally their only target and it didn't get them anywhere.

Braylon Edwards had a decent season. And Joe J. going out early didnt help.

Their problems arent at TE or WR. QB and RB are the issue.

gr8slayer
02-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Braylon Edwards had a decent season. And Joe J. going out early didnt help.

Their problems arent at TE or WR. QB and RB are the issue.
I'm not saying that TE is an issue for them. I just don't hold Winslow as high as you do.

TigerJ
02-23-2007, 08:53 PM
When his career is over, he'll probably just put himself out to stud.

ublinkwescore
02-23-2007, 08:55 PM

I'd take the production - just not the headache that came with the player putting up those numbers.

Devin
02-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm not saying that TE is an issue for them. I just don't hold Winslow as high as you do.

I dont put him high per say, but I mean 89 receptiosn for almost 900 yards your first year playing TE in the NFL is fairly impressive given the injuries the previous two years.

No i dont think hes particulary strong in character, and im sure hes not "100%" physically. I suppose time will tell.