X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Coughlin Fires Back At Barber Over Public Criticism

Tom Coughlin has one regret about Tiki Barber: that he couldn't convince the New York Giants running back to keep his opinions out of the public spotlight.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Tom Coughlin has one regret about Tiki Barber: that he couldn't convince the New York Giants running back to keep his opinions out of the public spotlight.

On Friday, the New York Giants coach told reporters during the NFL's annual scouting combine he wished Barber hadn't used the media to voice his strong opinions and wasn't sure why Barber blamed the coaching staff for pushing him into retirement.

Barber's latest comments came during a news conference when he was hired by NBC.

"I do not know what this is all about," Coughlin said. "I was under the impression he was having a press conference to announce his new role with NBC, and then to find out that he turned around and talked about something like this ... I think to give the illusion that I had something to do with his retirement, I don't quite follow that."
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: Coughlin Fires Back At Barber Over Public Criticism

On Friday, the New York Giants coach told reporters during the NFL's annual scouting combine he wished Barber hadn't used the media to voice his strong opinions and wasn't sure why Barber blamed the coaching staff for pushing him into retirement.
    and there he is doing exactly what he is complaining tiki was doing.

he's a hypocrite.

I would have retired if this jack*** was my coach too.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

I'm sure glad Buffalo didn't go after this turd now.

and to think I really wanted him at one point...
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
        I'm sure glad Buffalo didn't go after this turd now.

and to think I really wanted him at one point...
        I never wanted that guy here. He tries to be Bill Parcells but doesn't have the personality. Over in Jacksonville he wound up pissing off all of the vets too. It usually takes about 2 or 3 years for his team to implode.

Comment

Working...
        X