PDA

View Full Version : I just sent a letter to Sirius about they're NHL programming

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Hello, I am from Buffalo and a huge Buffalo Sabres fan and I have a problem and I'm not only the only one, some of my friends tell me the same thing. whenever I tune in to listen to the Sabres on Sirius I always get the away teams announcers instead of the Sabres anouncers. what do you guys have against the Sabres? we have one of the best announcers in the NHL with Rick Jeanneret. We here in Buffalo want to listen to our announcers, not the away teams announcers. Why don't you do what you do for the NFL have a home station for the home team and an away team for the away teams.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Don't they just use the home teams announcers?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Don't they just use the home teams announcers?

You would think they would but last night I tuned in and got Ottawa's announcers :puke: :yucky: and when we played Philladelphia I got the Flyers announcers :puke: :yucky: Buffalo is getting shafted or someone isn't doing their job at Sirius.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I know on XM they use the home team announcers but since the companies are now merging I don't know how it will go down.

RockStar36
02-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I get RJ when the Sabres are on home....

Dozerdog
02-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I'd have to say it's about 40% Rick and 60% other announcers. I think it has a lot more t do with Rick being simulcast from TV rather than an announcer bias.

One thing i do notice listening to the games is that the background noise is a lot higher on the Sabres simulcasts as opposed to regular radio casts. TV puts in a lot more background noise like hits into the boards and even skate blades. It plays great on TV- but on the radio it's quite distracting