PDA

View Full Version : Ya know, we all have blasted Marv but...

X-Era
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I just started a post all impressed with Blalock at the combine lifting 225, 40 times.

Care to take a look at who else lifted 225 40 times?

Yes, Its Manuel Ramirez from Texas Tech, the same guy that the Bills were talking to at the senior bowl.

This may be a steal type player, how bad ARE the Bills front office? Seems like they are looking at the right type of guys.

ublinkwescore
02-23-2007, 09:28 PM
maybe Modrak was the real genius behind TD.

Devin
02-23-2007, 09:37 PM
At the end of the day there is a very good reason we are posting on BZ at 9:30 on a friday night and Marv and Co are watching the top athletes in college football deciding who they will draft.

They know what they are doing. And I trust them. I wont always agree and its easy to sit and criticize but the truth is not one person here could do thier jobs. Hindsight is always a ***** its easy to go back and say I told you so. At any rate im sure they have it under control.

Luisito23
02-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Love you Marv.....:drunks:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
02-24-2007, 09:13 AM
I haven't blasted Marv. I think he has assembled a strong coaching staff which is very good with young players; filled a few holes and provided some depth through last year's FA signings (although he probably tried to do a little too much); and had an excellent draft.

His real detractors are the Hot Pockets people who think you can turn around 5 years of mismanagement in 5 minutes.

We should all wait at least to see what we do in FA and the draft this offseason, and how much more we improve next year, before we weigh in anymore on his alleged shortcomings.

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 09:31 AM
I haven't blasted Marv. I think he has assembled a strong coaching staff which is very good with young players; filled a few holes and provided some depth through last year's FA signings (although he probably tried to do a little too much); and had an excellent draft.

His real detractors are the Hot Pockets people who think you can turn around 5 years of mismanagement in 5 minutes.

We should all wait at least to see what we do in FA and the draft this offseason, and how much more we improve next year, before we weigh in anymore on his alleged shortcomings.

I have to agree here. He inherited quite a mess and it took them almost a year to get their arms around things. I have been very critical of the way Marv handled the Clements situation but all in all he has done a very good job. FA and the draft are going to be critical for this club. Come May 1st we'll know what kind of team we are going to have.

Most people here thought 7 wins last year (nobody took my bet) and that's exactly what we got. We will know on May 1st if this is a playoof team.

gr8slayer
02-24-2007, 09:48 AM
They can be as strong as they want and still sucks ass. How good are their feet?

Mr. Pink
02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
because apparently all that matters now is what someone benches!

Stewie
02-24-2007, 02:22 PM
yes, for all those games we need someone to lift 225 pounds 40 times, we should be covered....

evol4276
02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
They can be as strong as they want and still sucks ass. How good are their feet? yea i agree he didnt work out today due to some minor injury i suppose but he did lift thats all

YardRat
02-24-2007, 06:53 PM
We haven't all blasted Marv.

Bert102176
02-25-2007, 03:06 AM
I believe in Marv and think it may take another year but I think he will get this team on the right track again

Historian
02-25-2007, 09:07 AM
I haven't blasted Marv. .

Thank you...

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 09:37 AM
I dont question the draft ability of Marv (aka Modrak) because he went out and proved he could find players beyond the first round that could play in the NFL, so he gets props from me there.

I do question his methods towards Free Agency, though I don't know if its a case of him misfiring on free agents he thought would make a bigger impact, or if there is a list of players given to him through Ralph that he will say dont even bother trying to sign, we will not pay that kind of money for these guys.

Dozerdog
02-25-2007, 09:53 AM
I dont question the draft ability of Marv (aka Modrak) because he went out and proved he could find players beyond the first round that could play in the NFL, so he gets props from me there.

I do question his methods towards Free Agency, though I don't know if its a case of him misfiring on free agents he thought would make a bigger impact, or if there is a list of players given to him through Ralph that he will say dont even bother trying to sign, we will not pay that kind of money for these guys.

...or we can go for the more obvious reason- he wants to build a team through the draft....take the Patriot's approach instead of the Redskins approach.

But, as usual, it's more cloack and dagger- were too cheap..blah blah blah...

Even though we pretty much spend up to the cap every season.

Meathead
02-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Ya know, we all have blasted Marv but...
what we white man

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 05:52 AM
I do question his methods towards Free Agency,.
after only one season that yielded results that surpassed your expectations?

YardRat
02-26-2007, 06:07 AM
I just started a post all impressed with Blalock at the combine lifting 225, 40 times.

Care to take a look at who else lifted 225 40 times?

Yes, Its Manuel Ramirez from Texas Tech, the same guy that the Bills were talking to at the senior bowl.

This may be a steal type player, how bad ARE the Bills front office? Seems like they are looking at the right type of guys.

Leif Larson would be so proud.