PDA

View Full Version : Here is a DE Buffalo should consider looking at...

Ickybaluky
02-24-2007, 07:18 AM
I think Buffalo should look at signing Jarrett Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395998) from Baltimore.

Johnson has been a backup DE on a good Baltimore defense since coming into the league in 2003. He is a sturdy 6-3, 270# DE who can play on run downs. He isn't a great pass rusher, but he is a high-motor, high-character guy who is good in a rotation and could shore up the Bills run defense. He isn't a superstar, but he is a solid player who has been stuck behind some real good players in Baltimore.

With Jarrett plugging up the strong side, you would still have penetrators in the middle in McCargo and Tripplett to go with a strong weak-side rusher in Schobel. In passing situations he can rotate out for a better pass rusher.

Jarrett won't cost as much money as some of the big names, but he is a young player who can fit into a rotation for several years and provide solid play for the money he costs. He will help shore up Buffalo's run defense, which was one of the biggest defensive weaknesses the team had last year.

Italian Stallion
02-24-2007, 08:03 AM
I agree with not only him, but their RT Pashos. Both of those guys are up and coming talents, and will not be resigned by the cap strapped Ravens.

Johnson would fill in nicely for Kelsay, and come much cheaper because he was buried on BAL depth chart. In my opinion there pretty much the same player...Johnson might actually be better against the run.

Pashos is only 4 years in the league and played behind Orlando Brown until recently. I was actually watching him in the season finale and he plays very aggressively.

Both of these guys are young, cheap, and high character. Smells like Marv signings to me

patmoran2006
02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Good post.
I got another low-key player that might be good for the Bills at DE.

DeWayne White from TB. STarted while Simeon Rice when he was hurt and by all accounts was really solid.

Kerr
02-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Good post.
I got another low-key player that might be good for the Bills at DE.

DeWayne White from TB. STarted while Simeon Rice when he was hurt and by all accounts was really solid.

He would be an excellent choice and ideal since he knows the system. He shouldn't break the bank either. He could compete with Hargrove for LE. I believe he can also play DT on passing downs too.

Bmax
02-24-2007, 02:21 PM
I Wonder what the tender on Bobby McCray is (De from Jax) ...I would guess a 1st round pick.....If it was a 2nd i'd do it without batting a eye....

Bmax

DraftBoy
02-24-2007, 03:59 PM
White, Pashos, and Johnson are all guys I wouldnt mind bringing in