X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Thomas Jones in the Bill's news...

Could we make a move at switching RB's? Chicago wouldn't want Willis but will we try to push WIllis for a draft pick and go after Jones? I like Jones better, but the odds seem far off at this point.

At this point, Willis can kiss our a**es. I want someone in here that I can root for and has heart and wants to play to win not for the money. I'd cut the a**hole outright just to make a point but we need a little something for the POS.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Thomas Jones in the Bill's news...

I agree with you about Willis, and Jones would be a good veteran stop gap for a few years while we develop a younger guy.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would to have Thomas Jones and Anthony Thomas...........we could then hold off a year to draft the "RB of the future"

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

There is no reason to trade Willis for Jones. Let Willis play out his contract.

Comment

• jpdex12
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
          I would to have Thomas Jones and Anthony Thomas...........we could then hold off a year to draft the "RB of the future"
          TJ was a round one pick in 2000. I know he has had a few nice seasons stat wise and I was thinking that he would be too costly to sign or trade for but looking at his stats he might not be too hard to deal for. The problem is who will want Willis, what little could we get for him and what would we have to give up to get TJ? This move might be too odd for us to make, but I would crap a golden egg if we did. Nice move in my opinion!

Rushing Stats
          YEARTEAMGATTYDSAVGLNGTDFDFUMLOST
          2000ARI141123733.32922332
          2001ARI161123803.42152221
          2002ARI91385113.75822132
          2003TAM161376274.66132531
          2004CHI142409484.05474921
          2005CHI1531413354.34296122
          2006CHI1629612104.13066111
          Career100134953844.061342621610

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

Maybe we have't signed A-Train yet because this is in the works??? You know A-Train didn't want to be a back up to TJ before and won't again.

Comment

• theanswer74
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jpdex12
              TJ was a round one pick in 2000. I know he has had a few nice seasons stat wise and I was thinking that he would be too costly to sign or trade for but looking at his stats he might not be too hard to deal for. The problem is who will want Willis, what little could we get for him and what would we have to give up to get TJ? This move might be too odd for us to make, but I would crap a golden egg if we did. Nice move in my opinion!

Rushing Stats
              YEARTEAMGATTYDSAVGLNGTDFDFUMLOST
              2000ARI141123733.32922332
              2001ARI161123803.42152221
              2002ARI91385113.75822132
              2003TAM161376274.66132531
              2004CHI142409484.05474921
              2005CHI1531413354.34296122
              2006CHI1629612104.13066111
              Career100134953844.061342621610
              If Willis gets better with age like Jones did, Willis will be 10x the RB Jones is.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
                http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Could we make a move at switching RB's? Chicago wouldn't want Willis but will we try to push WIllis for a draft pick and go after Jones? I like Jones better, but the odds seem far off at this point.

At this point, Willis can kiss our a**es. I want someone in here that I can root for and has heart and wants to play to win not for the money. I'd cut the a**hole outright just to make a point but we need a little something for the POS.
                HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I said from day one that Willis was probably on his way out due to Marvs comments.

I think Lynch's stock with us is on the rise!

I still wouldnt mind Mike Bush either, lets see his 40 time, thats my only question on him. I want Jerome Bettis not Ron Dayne in Mike Bush.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by theanswer74
                  If Willis gets better with age like Jones did, Willis will be 10x the RB Jones is.

that's a big IF though.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by theanswer74
                    If? If? What does "If" mean? This will be Willis' third year as a starter. Have you watched the guy play? He only plays when he wants to. Yes we had one of the toughest schedules in the league last year and he was hurt a few games but he does not have the heart or desire to be a RB on this team. You could also argue that we were trailing in a lot of our games and had to put the ball in the air. Willis ran behind a pourous line in 2004 when he put up decent stats and ran behind a line that was no different this year. He talks as if he's the best RB in the league. He is asking for a raise now. He has spoken about not caring if the team moves. He has some off the field character issues that aren't the end of the world, but show he isn't very responsible when it comes to real life situations. I mean football is just a game but having three illegitimate kids with three different women is pretty careless. Do you think that he would stand next to his kid for eight years that was dying from Krabbe's disease? Not in his character. I haven't heard him talking about any humble pie he's eaten lately. He doesn't feel the team nor his teammates are important enough to practice with them in the off season. He blames a dumb mental mistake on not knowing it was fourth down for not trying hard enough. That right there is one of the worst things about him and shows his attitude for playing. So you don't try hard only on a fourth and one situation?

Ask yourself, do you really think that he will ever be even twice as good as he is now let alone ten times as good even if Ralph was dangling a new contract in front of him but the contract read that he would have to actually play hard each year to earn the money?

No excuses about a shi**y line! Look what other running backs in the league did with bad lines and splitting time with other backs. F Willis! Get him out of Buffalo and bring someone in that has the heart to play and win for his team and city rather than just for the cabbage!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

We sign TJ, A-train is gone. He's not going to be this guy's backup again, and I dont mind brining in TJ, bc while he's a similar runner (stat wise) to Willis he has a better attitude, and we could draft somebody like Eldra Buckley in Round 6 to be our future RB. Jones is in a contract year, so he'd likely be a rental player, so I dont think we can hold off another year to draft a RB, I think we need a guy with high potential this year.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

I would take Jones over McGaHee any day!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Chicago turned down offers of a second or third round pick last year for Jones, according to Brown and also according to Brown with 1,200 yards this past season, the asking price has likely gone up. A first round pick for a stop gap player? I don't think so.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            Chicago turned down offers of a second or third round pick last year for Jones, according to Brown and also according to Brown with 1,200 yards this past season, the asking price has likely gone up. A first round pick for a stop gap player? I don't think so.
                            This is FA and this is the NFL. Tehy won't get s*** for his if he sits out tis coming year. Might as well cut your losses and get something for him like Marv plans on doing with Willis. I knew we were looking at kicking Willis out the door.

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

draft a RB, and bring in TJ, and see what other FA RB's are out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X