PDA

View Full Version : Jamarcus Russell shoes up fat and other cobine tidbits.

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 10:01 AM
1) Russell shows up 20 pounds overweight. That's about as stupid as it gets.

2) Quinn won't do any passing drills. Has same advisors as Leinart so no shock.

3) Forget about the Bills drafting Jarrett. He passed on working out. Says his groin hurts. Translation: Agent wants him on his own turf for individual workouts.

patmoran2006
02-24-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm not sold on Russell.

LtFinFan66
02-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Link?? I heard Russel was at 265 which was his playing weight??

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Link?? I heard Russel was at 265 which was his playing weight??

Just heard it on Sirrius.

theanswer74
02-24-2007, 10:21 AM
What a MORON if he did show up fat. A few months of working out and he has a 30+ million bonus waiting for him.

X-Era
02-24-2007, 10:26 AM
1) Russell shows up 20 pounds overweight. That's about as stupid as it gets.

2) Quinn won't do any passing drills. Has same advisors as Leinart so no shock.

3) Forget about the Bills drafting Jarrett. He passed on working out. Says his groin hurts. Translation: Agent wants him on his own turf for individual workouts.

#3? What? Thats one of the most common things that top 10-ish prospects do. I dont hold it against him at all.

DraftBoy
02-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Just heard it on Sirrius.

Sirius Lied

Quarterback Brady Quinn—who will not be participating in physical drills during the week of the Combine—measured in at 6'3”1/2 with a weight of 233 pounds. No real surprises there, but standing next to Jamarcus Russell made Quinn look almost small. Russell’s height was measured at 6'5"1/2 and he weighed in at 265, the heaviest quarterback at the Combine.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/combine/combine2.html

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 10:29 AM
#3? What? Thats one of the most common things that top 10-ish prospects do. I dont hold it against him at all.

I do. Any guy that doesn't want to compete isn't a player I want. What he and his agent want to do as far as guaranteeing him the fattest check possible is certainly their perogative.

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Sirius Lied

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/combine/combine2.html

I can only repeat what I heard. I don't know what his playing weight was but they said "20 pounds over". They were comparing him to Gaines Adams, who they said came in dead on.

I'm not saying that "footballsfuture" isn't a reliable site but NFL Sirrius is pretty reliable.

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I can only repeat what I heard. I don't know what his playing weight was but they said "20 pounds over". They were comparing him to Gaines Adams, who they said came in dead on.

I'm not saying that "footballsfuture" isn't a reliable site but NFL Sirrius is pretty reliable.

Plus on Sirrius I don't get a pop up for horny asian woman.

DraftBoy
02-24-2007, 10:39 AM

Im not shooting the messenger, but Footballs Future is the foremost leading site when it comes to draft news. I doubt they got it wrong, but let me check some other sources...

bigbub2352
02-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Russell is a true moron if he showed up that overweight, that can only hurt his bank account, u got the chance to be the overall pick in the draft and u arent workin out, that is about as stupid as it comes, I also cant believe Quinn aint throwin, can only help him now that Russell came in with a question mark,

I have officially changed my mind about who the Bills should take at 12, I'm really leaning to Willis from Ole Miss, everything and everyone i here talkin about him is he is special, all the attributes and i think it is what our D needs a real playmaker

DraftBoy
02-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Here is a report from gbnreport.com;

Combine potpourri… Sunday’s on-field combine workout involving QBs, RBs and WRs could have given NFL personnel people a chance to compare QBs Jamarcus Russell of LSU and Notre Dame’s Brady Quinn head-to-head, however, both have decided not to workout. Quinn will work out at the Irish’s pro day on March 4th while Russell will workout with LSU on March 14th. Russell, though, did raise a few eyebrows when he weighed in at 265 pounds earlier this week; for the record, that’s eight pounds more than his listed playing weight from college...

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Russell is a true moron if he showed up that overweight, that can only hurt his bank account, u got the chance to be the overall pick in the draft and u arent workin out, that is about as stupid as it comes, I also cant believe Quinn aint throwin, can only help him now that Russell came in with a question mark,

I have officially changed my mind about who the Bills should take at 12, I'm really leaning to Willis from Ole Miss, everything and everyone i here talkin about him is he is special, all the attributes and i think it is what our D needs a real playmaker

If you read draft boys link it says that Willis will partcicpate in all combine events. This is definately somebody that I want on my team.

Devin
02-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Russell will be fine, while I was dissapointed to see him not in better shape hopefully he gets it together.

DraftBoy
02-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Russell will be fine, while I was dissapointed to see him not in better shape hopefully he gets it together.

Agreed thats just bad discipline, I was hopeing he'd show up closer to 230-235 and in great shape.