Well the top two OG's may be secretly signed already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Well the top two OG's may be secretly signed already!

FWIW:

POSTED 10:59 a.m. EST, February 24, 2007
    DIELMAN, STEINBACH HAVE DEALS IN HAND?
    Our sources in Indy tell us that two of the top offensive linemen in free agency might already have deals in place with new teams.
    If their agents are to be believed.
    Per the source, the agents for Bengals lineman Eric Steinbach and Chargers lineman Kris Dielman are telling people that they plan to sign contracts worth $7 million per year on March 2, or shortly thereafter.
    The three teams who were thought to be most interested in either of these two guys are the Texans, Browns, and Cowboys.
    Though it wouldn't be much of a surprise to learn that contracts have been verbally negotiated before the start of free agency (since it happens every single year), the other possibility is that the agents are puffing as to either or both of these players, in the hopes that someone else will offer as much or more.
    Either way, make no mistake about it -- free agency officially begins in six days; unofficially, it's already started.

Believe it?

• ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: Well the top two OG's may be secretly signed already!

Originally posted by jp-era
    FWIW:

POSTED 10:59 a.m. EST, February 24, 2007
    DIELMAN, STEINBACH HAVE DEALS IN HAND?
    Our sources in Indy tell us that two of the top offensive linemen in free agency might already have deals in place with new teams.
    If their agents are to be believed.
    Per the source, the agents for Bengals lineman Eric Steinbach and Chargers lineman Kris Dielman are telling people that they plan to sign contracts worth $7 million per year on March 2, or shortly thereafter.
    The three teams who were thought to be most interested in either of these two guys are the Texans, Browns, and Cowboys.
    Though it wouldn't be much of a surprise to learn that contracts have been verbally negotiated before the start of free agency (since it happens every single year), the other possibility is that the agents are puffing as to either or both of these players, in the hopes that someone else will offer as much or more.
    Either way, make no mistake about it -- free agency officially begins in six days; unofficially, it's already started.

Believe it?
    isn't that like tampering or something?
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

no link, its all hearsay
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
        isn't that like tampering or something?
        Prior to the new CBA yes, now? I dont know.

I would think so, the question is who can be "charged" with tampering. Certainly, the Bills cant come out and say they talked to x, y, or z. But can the agent claim they have secret offers? What can any team do about it?

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          no link, its all hearsay
          Sorry for the lack of a link, its Pro Football Talk, all hearsay is right, these guys are often full of crap.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Prior to the new CBA yes, now? I dont know.

I would think so, the question is who can be "charged" with tampering. Certainly, the Bills cant come out and say they talked to x, y, or z. But can the agent claim they have secret offers? What can any team do about it?
            If agents are trying to pull that crap, I think teams should refuse to negotiate with the players represented by such agents until the player fires the agent.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
              If agents are trying to pull that crap, I think teams should refuse to negotiate with the players represented by such agents until the player fires the agent.
              Anyone care to remember Rosenclown watching the TV at the draft and faking talking on the phone to try to get McGahee drafted earlier?

Its their job to sell their guys.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Face it, tampering is a part of the game. You just have to not get caught. Often these people do it through 3rd parties.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Gee...A former OC that advocated and utilized cut-blocking techniques, a disciple of Bill Belicheck, and Jerry Jones possibly breaking/skirting the rules? I'm shocked.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bmax
                    • Aug 2003

The bills won't be signing a Guard to 5, Six or seven million a year.....Look for them to draft a guard in rd 3 or 4......I like Manny Rameriz, Mansfield Wrotto and Doug Datish who could be a center or Guard.....

Bmax

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

I can't believe Dallas is going after more offensive line. They got Kosier, Fabini and Rivera in the last couple offseasons, and they just re-signed Andre Gurode. How much OL depth do they need? Save some for the little guys, Dallas.

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

I'm pretty sure that if you talk to a player before the start of actual free agency it is tampering cause as of now they are still under contract till what is it March second
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

I agree that unless we can pick up a cheap FA we are likely to look at moving Aaron Merz up the depth chart, if we don't resign Gandy

at RG if Villarial moves on we may consider moving Reyes back here if fully fit. the coaches may think Preston did an acceptable job, we may get radical and move Pennington inside and start Butler at RT

At the moment I think we have the following under contract

Jason Peters
                          Aaron Merz
                          Melvin Fowler
                          Tutan Reyes
                          Terrance Pennington
                          Brad Butler
                          Duke Preston
                          Chris Villarial (to be cut?)

Mike Gandy (free agent)

I can easily see us drafting a OL man on Day1/early Day2, so that just may be all we do

Datish is interesting as he has never really settled in one position but has played G, C and even some LT. He's also pretty mobile, which is what I think we are aiming for

Personally if we are settled in our first 5 lineman, I would like a Mr Versatile.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Believe it?
                            Of course. Just like those reports of LeCharles Bentley having a contract with Philadelphia prior to free agency last year came to fruition.

That said, any team that wants to pay a Dielman or Steinbach $7M a year can have them. I realize both are good player, but they are just OG and aren't named Hutchinson. They aren't difference-makers.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Neither is Hutchinson at this point. Yes the rushing yards for Minnesota increased, but compare the entire offense (and team, for that matter) 2006 vs 2005 and the Vikings took a step back.

Their money would have been better spent elsewhere.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X