PDA

View Full Version : Now that we have the #23 pick, who should we pick?

DraftBoy
03-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Im gonna say that the smartest pick here is gonna be....

MIKE DOSS S OHIO STATE

Guy is a ball hawk and a big hitter. This is only if we sign Spikes and a big name DT (Adams).

BillsMan80
03-07-2003, 04:55 PM
As of now, my top 2 choices are both Hurricanes...Jerome McDougal and William Joseph.

DraftBoy
03-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Even if we sign Adams? McDougle may drop to rd. 2 nobody is sure yet, I dont like Joseph, dont know why just something about him says bust to me.

clumping platelets
03-07-2003, 05:03 PM
DT Kevin Williams, Oklahoma St. :up:

DraftBoy
03-07-2003, 05:07 PM
wont be there plus as I set the situation even with the signing of Adams you take a DT?

clumping platelets
03-07-2003, 05:09 PM
When....er.....if Sam Adams signs, then I want to trade down a bit and get FS/CB Rashean Mathis from Bethune-Cookman

casdhf
03-07-2003, 05:10 PM
no way Doss lasts to that pick

Ingtar33
03-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Doss will last that late, he’s falling on the draft boards because he can't cover... and the Bills wouldn't draft him... he cant play FS, and the Bills already have a midget/big hitting/can't cover SS in Coy Wire... why would you need another?

CP looks like he's been reading my posts; I think I just suggested that Mathis would be a good pickup if we trade down (5 or so picks).

Scott
03-07-2003, 07:34 PM
This is good stuff, the draft is interesting again.

The Spaz
03-07-2003, 07:49 PM
I'll narrow it down to three obvious positions of need! S,LB,DT. What ever the best player on the Bills board is at those positions we should take in a heartbeat! Go Bills!

TigerJ
03-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Kenny Peterson stands a fair chance of being there and would in my opinion make an excellent pick. If the Bills do sign Adams, Peterson can play outside and would give Buffalo a stud at LDE. He would be a big upgrade over Ahanotu. Keith McKenzie could come in on obvious passing downs. Thanks Ingtar for stating the obvious facts about Doss. Even if Doss happened to be the best player on the board at that moment (not likely) he would not be the best pick for Buffalo.

BufBlue4ever60
03-07-2003, 09:34 PM
There is no way William Joseph is going to be there at no. 23. If we sign Adams, i'd like to take one of these guys who can play DT and DE. Then draft a Safety in the second round

Doc
03-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Coy Wire is NO midget. He's 6'0" and 209#. I think that with the depth at DL, the Bills go in that direction even if they sign Adams.

Bert102176
03-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Boss Bailey LB, or Kelley Washington WR

Tatonka
03-08-2003, 12:47 AM
would be funny to see washington come here.. but i think the draft offers much better values with alot less risk in the WR department...

ingtar, thoughts on the wrs?

boss bailey would be ideal, but he wont get past NE's 2 picks, and if he does.. he DEFINATELY wont make it past cleveland at 21.. they have one starting LB atm.

venis2k1
03-08-2003, 01:07 AM
Boss if hes there, could you imagine a LB core that looked like Boss, Fletch, Spikes...I think it would be the best in the NFL.

TypicalBill
03-08-2003, 01:08 AM
well, trading down and getting a CB who we can then switch to FS wouldn't be a bad idea. Two players come to mind.

1)Dennis Weathersby
2)Reshaun Mathis

venis2k1
03-08-2003, 01:09 AM
A DE wouldnt be a bad idea, Marcus Jones might not come back as strong as we thought.

Sennsai
03-08-2003, 06:16 AM
I heard on Fox Sports Radio that part of the Spikes signing would be to give the # 23 pick to the Bungels, the one we just received from the Falcons for Price.

If that's true, then we basically will receive Spikes for Price straight up. Spikes was needed without a doubt. Personally I think there will be a big drop off from Price to Reed(wait another year). We need a more proven 3rd WR to help Reed out.

McD
03-08-2003, 06:25 AM
That would be horrible! If the Bengals want to spend the dough, they can keep TKO. I'd love to have him here, but not at the Loss of PP/$5 Mil/ 1st rounder. It just seems like too much.

McD

DraftBoy
03-08-2003, 07:11 AM
I also like the idea f Mathis if we trade down to say the 28th-30th pick range and pickup another 3rd rounder or something, but I agree there is no way Boss gets past NE and CLE, I would love it if he does though.

clumping platelets
03-08-2003, 07:13 AM
Cincy gets nothing from us

WG
03-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Yeah, gotta agree McD!

Cincy's playing some risky game if they match. I'm not sure about giving up a first. Spikes is a first rounder, both was and would be easily and we get him in his prime though. I'm 50/50.

As to our pick, we still have a huge hole to fill at DT and it sounds like Adams is all about the money by what I'm reading. Doesn't sound like he gives a crap where he plays. When you start hearing about multimillionaires saying things about "...feeding their families..." you know there are bound to be issues!

We need a DT, Thornton is gone, there are very few good ones that aren't either washed up or near the end of their careers left. Adams would be good for us for a year, maybe two or three. But if he wants the world, let him go play elsewhere too.

If that happens, we have absolutely no choice but to take a DT either in round 1 or 2. I would say that we'd also have to await cap cuts. Not filling the DT role would be the only black mark on TD's offseason record if we don't find one. I said the same thing last year and I'll repeat it, but we have no DTs other than Williams that are capable and quality first stringers.

Assuming we do land Adams or another DT (wouldn't know who at this point), then we have 22 of our 22 starters. I'd take best available or grab DT/OL depth.

As to Reed, I think we're gonna be much better off w/ him than we were w/ Price, truly. I think we'll see the field spread out a bit more. Reed's crafty and strong underneath, something that wasn't on the field full-time last year. Add in a decent third, and we're set.

TypicalBill
03-08-2003, 08:11 AM
the problem with drafting a DT in the first round is that they take time to develop. If you take a look at the 1st round DT's from last year, only Hayensworth from Tennesee looked good, and he still wasn't that good. We need a veteran DT that would make an impact (Adams, McGlockton etc...) These guys fill holes and stuff the run, we need those kind of players in here and we sure can afford'em!!!

:gobills:

Ingtar33
03-08-2003, 09:08 AM
At DL the Bills could take...
-Cory Redding (DE/UT Texas) should be on the board... he's strong and fast... kind of a tweener DE/DT... not quick enough to be a serious edge rusher, but with pass rushing skills out the ying-yang. If he put on 20 or so pounds he'd be a great UT who could provide some good inside rush, or make a decent LE (where all the big DE's go anyway).
-Kenny Peterson (DT Ohio State) if available could be a decent pickup, but he's definitely a DT, and while he is very fast and athletic, it might be a stretch to move him to DE.

At safety there are not many people I'd consider with the no.23 pick... but the one I'd consider is...
-Rashean Mathis (DB/FS Bethune-Cookman) … He's fast and big, with about the best nose for the ball I've seen in a while. He's got great hands and instincts and might be able to start his rookie year at FS. Oh yes... one more thing, Mathis is a good kick returner.

At WR players like Kelly Washington and Taylor Jacobs will probably be on the board...
-Kelly Washington (WR Tenn) is kind of a risky pickup, because he would have been competing with the top 2 WRs (Rodgers and Johnson) for a top 5 pick had he not been injured. It was a serious injury, which required the fusion of two vertebrae. If you think he's fully recovered, than this is a fabulous value pick at 23... at he's about as fast and big as Johnson, and has far better hands. If his back is going to give him problems than it will be a wasted 1st rounder. Think of him in terms of Randy Moss... because that’s the type of talent he might have.
-Taylor Jacobs (WR Florida) is more of a safe pick... not without some of the upside that Redding, Mathis, or Washington brings to the table. He'd be a similar pick to Josh Reed, and is the most "pro ready" of the WRs on the board... he runs great routs and is a sure receiver... but most importantly, he is probably the fastest guy in the draft and is fairly big at 6'0" 200lbs. The only thing he has working against him is he was a product of Spurrier's Fun 'n Gun, which has been know not to produce NFL quality receivers at an alarming rate, making me a little leery of selecting him (of course he might get picked up by Washington at 13)

Kelly The Dog
03-08-2003, 11:08 AM
Hey, Ingtar, what do you think of Shaun McDonald and if he has a chance in the NFL? I know he's tiny but he can be very good. Where will a guy like that go?

BillsFanInMass
03-08-2003, 11:38 AM
If we already have spikes adams posey we should definately take the best DE available this is the deepest draft ever at that position we definately could get a good 1 with the number 23 pick!!!! The choice is obvious for what the bills need in their draft . A good pass rushing DE will complete the defensive puzzle.cant wait till next year with this defence get the ball back to our offence and giving them more chances look for henry to have over 2000 yards . Well i can dream its possible though.GO DE IN DRAFT MAYBE EVEN 2

AndyC34
03-08-2003, 03:53 PM
DE - Jerome McDougal - I have a feeling marcus Jones wont be close to as producitive as his 13 sack season, but you never know with the new "Package" of Adams & Williams being next to them drawing double teams..

DraftBoy
03-08-2003, 04:23 PM
Im seeing McDougal go all over the 1st round from the #15 pick to not even being in the 1st round hes defienetly a border line round 1 guy but if Im making up a list of who i want it goes:
1. Mathis
2. McDougal