PDA

View Full Version : NY Daily News about McGahee to Giants

Italian Stallion
02-24-2007, 11:45 AM
http://blogs.nydailynews.com/giants/archives/2007/02/reese_sets_sights_on_mcgahee.php

I think if the Giants want McGahee and don't want to give up a day 1 pick....they better come up with an interesting package of players that the Bills would be interested in.

Any thoughts as to who those players could be? I'm possibly thinking one of their young corners Deloach or Walker could be involved, as well as pass rusher Justin Tuck.

Discuss

clumping platelets
02-24-2007, 11:50 AM
No day one pick? No McGahee

YardRat
02-24-2007, 11:58 AM
A package of players comes with a package of contracts to count against the cap for us, plus it brings all the amoritized future bonus money for the players up to this year's cap for the Giants.

I don't see it happening just for the financial ramifications for both teams.

Mr. Miyagi
02-24-2007, 12:04 PM
No chit. That's just a lowball technique. We'll counter them with 2 1st rounders and we'll meet somewhere in the middle.

DraftBoy
02-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Some players Id take off of NYG:
DT Barry Cofield
LB Gerris Wilkerson
CB Corey Webster

any of those guys with a 4th and 7th, Id do

X-Era
02-24-2007, 12:18 PM
http://blogs.nydailynews.com/giants/archives/2007/02/reese_sets_sights_on_mcgahee.php

I think if the Giants want McGahee and don't want to give up a day 1 pick....they better come up with an interesting package of players that the Bills would be interested in.

Any thoughts as to who those players could be? I'm possibly thinking one of their young corners Deloach or Walker could be involved, as well as pass rusher Justin Tuck.

Discuss

Only a second day pick? OK, no problem, we will trade them a 6th rounder for Shockey.

gr8slayer
02-24-2007, 12:22 PM
DT Barry Cofield
LB Gerris Wilkerson
CB Corey Webster

Cofield would be awesome but they wouldn't give up one of the better young DT's in the NFL.

DraftBoy
02-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Cofield would be awesome but they wouldn't give up one of the better young DT's in the NFL.

Dont be shocked if they'd consider it, they got good DL depth, and this draft has good DT depth. They could justify it, if they want Willis enough. However Gerris Wilkerson is a guy Id absolutely love to have, he'd be a great addition.

ublinkwescore
02-24-2007, 12:40 PM

if Henry was worth a 3rd, McGahee should be worth a 2nd - because he's more of a specimen.

it's on them to motivate him to play to his potential.

ublinkwescore
02-24-2007, 12:41 PM
DT Barry Cofield
LB Gerris Wilkerson
CB Corey Webster

that last part didn't sound right.

Mr. Pink
02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Now you all finally realize the truth of the situation...

McGahee is a dime a dozen RB in this league, why would he be worth a 1st round pick? Or second round pick?

He's no better than average...and a team not willing to give up a day 1 pick to get him should be of no surprise.

Now for the person who said Shockey for a 6, that's downright ignorant. Shockey is a top TE in this league. McGahee is a middle of the road halfback who would only improve about 5 teams running games. Jets being one of them. Shockey would improve virtually every teams passing game to the TE outside of SD and KC really.

Bill Brasky
02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
since mcgahee is the best back in the league we should get the #1 overall pick for him.

Mr. Miyagi
02-24-2007, 01:07 PM

McGahee is a dime a dozen RB in this league, why would he be worth a 1st round pick? Or second round pick?

He's no better than average...and a team not willing to give up a day 1 pick to get him should be of no surprise.

Now for the person who said Shockey for a 6, that's downright ignorant. Shockey is a top TE in this league. McGahee is a middle of the road halfback who would only improve about 5 teams running games. Jets being one of them. Shockey would improve virtually every teams passing game to the TE outside of SD and KC really.
:rolleyes: What a Negative Nancy type of post.

ublinkwescore
02-24-2007, 01:08 PM
since mcgahee is the best back in the league we should get the #1 overall pick for him.

I'll get on the horn with Al right now since Jordan isn't doing crap for him.

ublinkwescore
02-24-2007, 01:09 PM

You're trying to destroy any possible credibility you may have had aren't you.

Mr. Pink
02-24-2007, 01:12 PM
You're trying to destroy any possible credibility you may have had aren't you.

Alright, if you were another franchise...and had interest in bringing a RB in.

Would you bring in a guy that shredded his knee in college, can't make it past the second level of defenders, who dances around in the backfield and posts an average of around 3.7 YPC who also doesn't find the endzone all that often for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Be honest.

JJamezz
02-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Ya know, a week ago I really thought the speculation of Willis being traded was just ridiculously absurd.

Then something jumped out at me in Jauron's PC the other day - when asked about him Jauron says 'Willis is our running back... now... as we go into the offseason.'

I still thought I was reading too much into it, but apparently not.

Mr. Miyagi
02-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Alright, if you were another franchise...and had interest in bringing a RB in.

Would you bring in a guy that shredded his knee in college, can't make it past the second level of defenders, who dances around in the backfield and posts an average of around 3.7 YPC who also doesn't find the endzone all that often for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Be honest.
Well if the guy is that bad why would they come out and admit that they're interested? At all? Try not to play poker, because you fall for all bluffing.

Kerr
02-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I guess the Giants figure if Willis plays his best at the meadownlands he would be a good fill in at rb for them.
I'd trade him and actually get someone who backs up what he says.

raphael120
02-24-2007, 09:04 PM
You guys are such hypocrites sometimes.

How many posts have we had on this board saying along the lines of "McGahee's a bum, he sucks, he only plays when he feels like it, he's an underacheiver, etc..."

Yet he's good enough for a 2nd round pick? We deserve no better than that? McGahee, despite being a crap RB, blah blah blah, we need to get an awesome deal for him???

oooooooook

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Am I the only guy that wants Brandon Jacobs? The guy has had 16 TD's the last 2 years!!

Jacobs and their 2nd rounder.

DraftBoy
02-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Am I the only guy that wants Brandon Jacobs? The guy has had 16 TD's the last 2 years!!

Jacobs and their 2nd rounder.

Your asking for too much, they want a guy to compliment Jacobs that have no intention of trading him.

Bling
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I love how McGahee blows until it comes time to negotiations, then you can start making demands.

Wasn't it 2 years ago (I think it was because Ricky was on the trading block too) that Seattle was demanding a 1st day for Shaun Alexander? The same Shaun Alexander that that year was 1 yard shy of the rushing yards total? Same thing with Edge? Nobody wanted them. Now you guys expect that there's some Dave Wannstedt out there ready to trade 2 1st for their Ricky? Get lost. New York can demand whatever they want. They'll probably be better 1st round RB's where they draft than the player McGahee has become.

HHURRICANE
02-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I love how McGahee blows until it comes time to negotiations, then you can start making demands.

Wasn't it 2 years ago (I think it was because Ricky was on the trading block too) that Seattle was demanding a 1st day for Shaun Alexander? The same Shaun Alexander that that year was 1 yard shy of the rushing yards total? Same thing with Edge? Nobody wanted them. Now you guys expect that there's some Dave Wannstedt out there ready to trade 2 1st for their Ricky? Get lost. New York can demand whatever they want. They'll probably be better 1st round RB's where they draft than the player McGahee has become.

Aren't you the same guy who had Mike Mularkey as your avatar for 2 years?

The Fins have their own site that you can hang out on if you don't like our trade demands.

SquishDaFish
02-24-2007, 10:05 PM
And I didnt see a post at least a serious one saying we should or can get 2 1st rdrs for him. A 1st DAY pick is all everyone is saying we SHOULD get.

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 10:06 AM
we should get 2 1st rdrs for him.

that's rediculous.

Bling
02-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Aren't you the same guy who had Mike Mularkey as your avatar for 2 years?

The Fins have their own site that you can hang out on if you don't like our trade demands.

The truth is such a hard thing to accept sometimes.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 12:41 PM
The truth is such a hard thing to accept sometimes.

Hey, I don't think he's worth **** but I'm not going to kill anybody's dream of a first rounder.

X-Era
02-25-2007, 03:30 PM

It was a friggin joke man, lighten up. McGahee is worth a day one pick and Shockey is worth a day one pick, Im flaming the Giants for being ignorrant.