X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

Marv Levy is not an idiot

I am absolutely sick of all of this crap about Marv not doing whats best for the team, and Ralph being afraid to spend money etc. Remeber last year when we let go of starters Moulds, Milloy, Adams, Campbell, Teague, Posey, and Anderson. (even though the last 2 sucked royally for us)

Then Marv proceeded to sign a bunch of mid-level free agents that no one was happy with at the time.

Then at #8 overall last year we hear Donte Whitner's name and our just about ready to deem Marv a senile old has been.

And the results on the field... we win 2 MORE games, and we are in the playoff race up until the second to the last week of the season. We were playing as a team, we had chemistry and Donte Whitner was the best rookie safety.

Marv Levy has a plan to make this team better this offseason. The man knows more about football at 81 years old than most anyone out there. I know the outlook looks bleek right now, especially facing the possibillities of losing clements, fletcher, and possibly the trading of mcgahee. If last season showed me anything, its that Marv Levy has given us no reason do doubt us yet, and i am confident he will make the right decisions to point us to the playoffs.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Marv Levy is not an idiot

"Trust me!"

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I agree man.

The only thing I'd word a little differently would be say the entire Bills 'brain trust' (Marv, Modrak, Jauron, other coaches & staff...), instead of crediting only Marv. I personally think we have a lot of talent on this staff - coaching, scouting, management - and I think its only a matter of time until that plays out on the field on Sundays.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
        • Mar 2006

I tried to give marv credit because hes the only one being thrown under the bus

i dont recall many modrak posts, but you make a valid point, our brain trust deserves alot of credit, not just marv

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

I too have confidence in Marv. He hasn't done anything bad enough to warrant lack of support, that is if you count signing a scrub like nall. Still, the guy had a pretty good draft. Another good one is expected.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I don't really see Marv getting any BS on this site. Ralph is getting alot of crap for being cheap and the only thing that people have questioned Marv about is the deal not to tag Clements.

Somebody keeps saying that we get an additional first if Nate walks but I have yet to see anybody explain why. If that happens than I don't see why anybody would be upset.

Comment

• Nick Markakis
              • Feb 2007

Believe me, Marv takes heat...
              Last edited by Nick Markakis; 02-24-2007, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                I don't really see Marv getting any BS on this site. Ralph is getting alot of crap for being cheap and the only thing that people have questioned Marv about is the deal not to tag Clements.

Somebody keeps saying that we get an additional first if Nate walks but I have yet to see anybody explain why. If that happens than I don't see why anybody would be upset.
                Not an additional first, but an additional first day pick. Depending on who we pick up in FA, Clements and Fletcher should each give us additional 3rds, I would think.

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

I am a huge willis fan and a fan of the U. But willis has got 2 go. we need a more productive back all around. he doesnt always run hard and he hates the city. no chance of ever signing him longterm. I dont think we will draft a rb in the first round unless we trade for a second first round pick. Marv hasd made some great moves for us, and will continue to do so. Losing clements and fletcher is big but at the same time we didnt win with those guys. Let them go, it wont change that much for us. Fletcher wasnt thatmuch help for us when it came to stopping the run. and i know we didnt have the dts. Nate only played well half the season.

I rarely post anything. but at the same time i find it amazing how so many of you do, and have the football IQ of a 5 year old.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jaybird
                    I rarely post anything. but at the same time i find it amazing how so many of you do, and have the football IQ of a 5 year old.
                    so what does that make you, oh reader of immature posts on a message board?

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I'm pretty confident going into this season, actually.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Nick Markakis
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by raphael120
                        so what does that make you, oh reader of immature posts on a message board?
                        He's right.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                          I'm pretty confident going into this season, actually.
                          Me too - who would have thought that we'd have the 7th best pass defense (note that we faced more pass plays than rushing plays according to the Sporting News) with two rookie safeties starting most of the year, and rookies at each level of the defense starting.

I have a really good feeling about JP and Evans' performances next season, and I think Marv will address the run defense, the OL, and get JP an additional target when this offseason is all said and done as well as keeping a few of our own.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

just as the olive tree has many branches it is wise to place ones faith in The Marv

ohm
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                            X